5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Looker!!!!
Received today and boy what a great looking unit. The glossy piano red cover blends well with the matt black. Machine performs and works well.Comes with a U.S. charger and a U.K. adaptor which works well. The unit is well made. You will not be dissappointed!!
Published on 19 Jun 2008 by Avenger

1.0 out of 5 stars Check out Comments on Amazon.Com before buying this
I was going to get this (from USA last month, but most reviews at that time were negative. PLEASE check them out before buying the USA version from the market place:

Below is 1 comment from 12 days ago:
+++++++++++
CHRONIC MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT, November 13, 2006
By sopdox "sopdox" (Flushing, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Fun:4.0 out of 5...
Published on 13 May 2008 by Jules(Paris)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Looker!!!!, 19 Jun 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Console System in Crimson Red & Black (Video Game)

5.0 out of 5 stars Jagshemash.....is nice! lets make sexy time!, 25 April 2008
Gary Hilton "ursinebrute" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
OK. What can I say about this "new" Crimson & black DS that hasn't already been said? After all, it's the same DS you know and love but in a different colour!

Well, I have just taken receipt of my new coloured DS bought right here on Amazon through one of their market place sellers. It really is lovely to look at and oozes quality. The crimson is a beautiful colour and very eyecatching. I was expecting the lower black part to shine like the standard all black version, but it is in fact Matt black, which I think adds to the cool factor. Other than that, there are no changes so it really is cosmetic.

One point: mine was bought from an Overseas seller and the adaptor is a 2 pin type and NOT the standard UK 3 pin plug. Not a big problem as my kids already have a DS each so I can just use theirs, (or buy a separate one) but a bit disappointing should I ever come to sell it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Check out Comments on Amazon.Com before buying this, 13 May 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars

Below is 1 comment from 12 days ago:
+++++++++++
CHRONIC MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT, November 13, 2006
By sopdox "sopdox" (Flushing, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Nintendo is aware of a manufacturer's defect that occurs with DS Lite and the regular DS game systems that come in colors (not the silver one). The plastic hinge closest to the power supply develops a stress crack that happens with simple everyday use. Nintendo refuses to accept these cracks as defects and tries to attribute them to rough play. We have owned 3 DS lites and all 3 have developed the same stress crack, in the same spot, all within 2-3 months of owning them. The first one cracked enough to render the unit unplayable. The same has happened to friends of ours. While kids will be kids, my kids certainly aren't playing touch football with their DSs. There are dozens of websited dedicated to this problem (just takes a little Googling), some attribute it to overtightening during manufacturing. Nintendo will not cover this repair under warranty but will be nice enough to reduce the $75 repair fee to $50.

So when choosing a Nintendo DS Lite, ask yourself if you want a brighter screen or a sturdier unit. My 7 year old son who is on his 2nd DS Lite has just asked if he could have the original one for Christmas.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? YesNo (Report this)
++++++++
The person above was referring to the Black/Crimson one that has been on sale since (I think Oct 2007). 14 people have added their experiences (good & bad so topic appears to only 12 days old)
I had to put a rating , so I went low - My 1 star is for this version of the DS lite, I would (having owned/still own the black,white & Pink, all still working after 10months(pink) & nearly 2 years the white & Black.Given 5 stars for these versions. Please be careful before buying the USA version....

4.0 out of 5 stars NDS lite black/crimson, 7 Jun 2009
A. J. Gaskill (uk) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The product took three weeks to arrive not 5 - 10 days, Royal Mail also adds an aditional £20 onto the cost for international post which was not known to me before I ordered from the states. Product is very nice looking with a matt black finish then the crimsion top. The company when emailing about were very cold and not very helpful answering questions but did respond within a few days. I would think twice about ordering from the states again with the secret charge being applied at this end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, 10 Jun 2014
I paid what I thought was a reasonable price for a second hand DS Lite and lo and behold, that is precisely what arrived at my door (and within the quoted time bracket no less). Why buy a Nintendo DS Lite in 2014 you ask? Well, I wanted a break from X & Y but not from pokemon and decided to indulge in the nostalgic pleasures of gen 3. Of course, not long after I started the game Hoenn remakes were confirmed so I fear I'll never take on Wattson and the heroic clash for the Dynamo badge will go unfought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ds lite, 24 Mar 2014
Ds lite is satafactory and what I was expecting having fun with it and love playing the ranger of game

1.0 out of 5 stars what a load of rubbish i was sold, 19 Mar 2014
what a load or rubbish you cannt use the pen as nothing is working at moment feel I have been sold a ds that you cannt do anything with

4.0 out of 5 stars Ds lite, 23 July 2013
Yes my son likes this v much couple times it froze but seems fine now and he njoyn playn it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 25 Aug 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This was an upgrade following long-term DS abuse on long journeys (our drug of choice for car journeys/ dentists etc)
My 9 yr old is very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo DS Lite Red & Black, 20 April 2008
E. Clarke - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got a nintendo ds lite in red & black for christmas last year. Can't say much about it, but that the two different colours are good together and its nice to have a nintendo which is of two colours instead of one.

Nintendo DS Lite Console System in Crimson Red & Black
Nintendo DS Lite Console System in Crimson Red & Black by Nintendo Of America (Nintendo DS)
Used & New from: £25.00