Timberland Chocorua Trail, Men's Trekking and Hiking Boots, Brown/Green, 9.5 UK
Size: 9.5 UKColour: Brown/GreenChange
Price:£98.09+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 6 March 2012
A great light weight and comfortable boot. Worn in the wet and feet have stayed dry thus far. My only concern is how to keep them looking good due to the finish of the uppers, only time will tell. Bought from Amazon shop because they were nearly £40 less expensive than anywhere else. This also meant fast and secure delivery. Well chuffed.
on 29 December 2013
Having earlier this year taken up country walks for fitness (and subsequently birdwatching) I needed some walking boots/shoes. I'd always purchased size 13 in shoes before so naively thought size 13 is what I needed. Since no local high street stores stock above size 12 I had to purchase on-line which is not the best option !
This is my third pair of hiking boots/shoes already !!! .... The first pair of boots kept giving me blisters that I couldn't remedy even with wearing two layer walking socks that are supposed to prevent blisters. The second pair were hiking shoes but took me months to realise they were too small and uncomfortable (Being 6' 7'' tall you are forced to make compromises sometimes when you shouldn't !!) .... After wasting near £130 I took a chance on these boots in a size 13.5 and am happy to report they are comfortable, lightweight and snug .... Perhaps a tad too snug with thick socks. Was tempted to return them for the next size up which were 14.5 but thought they would be too big. So stayed with the size 13.5.
Happy to report I've had no issues yet. Not sure how long they're last being lightweight but am relieved I've finally found hiking boots that fit and are comfortable !.... The tred is OK as well and have not yet slipped in muddy terrain.And they look nice !
on 5 January 2014
I purchased a pair of these boots in December 2010, and have worn them everyday for long walks and exercising our dogs. Now here I am buying another pair which goes to prove how good they are. These boots are waterproof, give great support, and are so comfortable, and if I get the same life and value from this pair.....well hey-ho I can live with that. (",)
on 23 February 2012
I've been wearing a pair of 12.5Ms for a few days now - so far, so good.

First impression:
Fitted perfectly on first try-on but that was expected since I own other timberland shoes and I knew which size on their sizechart fits me best.
Steady grip on icy and snowy surfaces, comfortable and warm - serve me well walking the city and the park (no real hiking test yet)

Waterproof: still to be tested - I will get back to that in a couple of weeks.
Overall - great first impression.

[ ... to be continued ... ]

!!! Important Notice !!!
The thing that caught me by surprise was the green color - be alert that the images showing the available colors are wrong (at least 2 of them)
the images for [BROWN MEDIUM] AND [Brown with Green] are switched. So, when you select the images for [BROWN MEDIUM] you will be seeing the actual images for [Brown with Green] and vice versa
as a result I ended up with completely wrong color shoes :) but I did't complain about it because I actually liked the wrong color as well.
on 19 June 2015
It's not often that I'll go back and write a review for an item purchased six months before but in this case it's the only way to review these boots fairly.
I'm an outdoors person, a keen wildlife photographer, birder and BTO bird ringer. I'm constantly out in the field and have owned numerous pairs of outdoor/performance/trekking boots
These Timberland boots are comfortable, light and have decent grip and reasonable ankle support, which is why I bought them in the first place, after trying them for size in a shop.
However, their performance doesn't match the price and after their first winter, and despite regular cleaning and waterproofing with performance products (both waxes and aerosol water-proofers) the boots have not prevented moisture ingress. I'm not just talking about the mesh panels; the leather also becomes wet and spongy. Furthermore the finish also deteriorates more than I think is acceptable, certainly compared to other boots I've owned.
If you want a pair of 'decent' walking boots for occasional use in generally dry conditions, then these might well suit your needs, but if like me you want something a little more 'heavy duty' for regular usage in wet conditions, then these are NOT the boots for you.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Smart looking boot, great for round town and maybe taking the dog for low level walks in the park. Wet grass would be no problem as the Gortex lining is very reliable, feet will stay dry.
From the moment these boots arrived they were very comfortable- straight from the box. and waterproof as claimed, tested them on a beach walk with tide coming in, they got well soaked but never let water in. Next day after shaking off the sand they looked as good as new.
Now comes the downside. completed a 12 mile walk in the Matlock Peak district, up and down hill and dale all day long. The boots are great on low level flat walking but hopeless when it comes to climbing. Ankle support is non existent even though I pulled the laces a little bit tighter to get a bit more support from them, ankles ached at the end of the day. also had a bit of back ache next day so they probably don't do much for your posture either. Biggest problem was toes rubbing when descending steep hills, the boots are not designed with this in mind, so for me that's the ultimate test. sore toes after a downhill stretch- not good! They are hard wearing and lightweight which gives them a bit of a plus but I can't call them a proper walking boot. They are a Timberland Town and Country boot that looks like a walking boot. They are probably worth the price for what they are but they fail as a hiking boot.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 23 February 2015
Chose these boots because of the classic style. Although not a brand i had previously thought of as serious walking boots(more work or leisure types) the reviews were mainly good. They are to replace a pair of old Hawkshead boots that lasted for years and years and it was only the lace hooks that started giving way in the end that forced me to give them a well earned retirement.
I am not expecting these to last as long, but i must say that they seem to be well made, durable and waterproof. They are also comfortable but do require some breaking in,so not a good idea to put them on out of the box and go on a ten mile walk.
The main reason they require breaking in is that they are a narrow fit, when i put moderatly small, it is not the length it is the width,hence the four stars.
I have only had these boots a couple of weeks but up to now i am pleased with them. Realising they needed to give a little in width i have been using them to walk the dogs every night and this weekend i was confident enough to wear them for a decent fell walk. I had no problems with sore feet and they stood up to it very well.
on 25 November 2013
I have been a hiker for 30 years and in my time I have worn out many types of boots. I have never found the (HOLY GRAIL) perfect boot but these are defiantly the most comfortable. So why not 5 Stars ?
The soles are a bit thin and on rough ground you can feel the stones pressing on your feet.
The leather is very absorbent and therefore takes a while to dry after a wet walk. The fabric sections also soak up a lot of water.Although the Gortex membrane keeps your feet dry.
The good points; Although not a mountain boot, they make an excellent mid range boot and have taken me many miles on and off road in my beloved Peak District. The soles have good traction on all surfaces and there is adequate ankle support (although a previous reviewer complained about this). I do agree that the tongue could be a little higher but I`m splitting hairs here.
All n all, I would recommend these to anyone who walks in the countryside for short to moderate (15 mile) walks in any weather conditions.
on 21 October 2011
These boots are very light and very comfortable and more importantly are waterproof, the boots were sent out promptly and well packaged.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have bought this particular Timberland boot for several years now and always paid over £110 in the Official Timberland store. They are NEVER reduced.
I was delighted to accidently come across them on Amazon at just over £50 a pair, can't believe my luck.
Shame I didn't look on Amazon a few weeks ago because I had just paid full price in the Timberland store.

I've still gone ahead and bought 3 pairs from Amazon and would have bought more but they are a limited purchase item - 3 is the maximum you are allowed to buy.

These boots have excellent grip, are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned and last a long time. The inner Gortex lining mean your feet stay dry all day

Great boot and a great price.

Well done Amazon.