5.0 out of 5 stars Timberland Chocorua GTX Hiking boots
These boots are very light and very comfortable and more importantly are waterproof, the boots were sent out promptly and well packaged.
Published on 21 Oct 2011 by David McLean

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a true walking boot.
Smart looking boot, great for round town and maybe taking the dog for low level walks in the park. Wet grass would be no problem as the Gortex lining is very reliable, feet will stay dry.
Published on 2 Jun 2012 by J. Eaton

5.0 out of 5 stars Timberland Chocorua GTX Hiking boots, 21 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GTX Boot, 23 Feb 2012
I've been wearing a pair of 12.5Ms for a few days now - so far, so good.

First impression:
Fitted perfectly on first try-on but that was expected since I own other timberland shoes and I knew which size on their sizechart fits me best.
Steady grip on icy and snowy surfaces, comfortable and warm - serve me well walking the city and the park (no real hiking test yet)

Waterproof: still to be tested - I will get back to that in a couple of weeks.
Overall - great first impression.

[ ... to be continued ... ]

!!! Important Notice !!!
The thing that caught me by surprise was the green color - be alert that the images showing the available colors are wrong (at least 2 of them)
the images for [BROWN MEDIUM] AND [Brown with Green] are switched. So, when you select the images for [BROWN MEDIUM] you will be seeing the actual images for [Brown with Green] and vice versa
as a result I ended up with completely wrong color shoes :) but I did't complain about it because I actually liked the wrong color as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Most Compfortable Boot That I Have Ever Worn, 25 Nov 2013
David E. Spragg (stoke-on-trent, staffs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have been a hiker for 30 years and in my time I have worn out many types of boots. I have never found the (HOLY GRAIL) perfect boot but these are defiantly the most comfortable. So why not 5 Stars ?
The soles are a bit thin and on rough ground you can feel the stones pressing on your feet.
The leather is very absorbent and therefore takes a while to dry after a wet walk. The fabric sections also soak up a lot of water.Although the Gortex membrane keeps your feet dry.
The good points; Although not a mountain boot, they make an excellent mid range boot and have taken me many miles on and off road in my beloved Peak District. The soles have good traction on all surfaces and there is adequate ankle support (although a previous reviewer complained about this). I do agree that the tongue could be a little higher but I`m splitting hairs here.
All n all, I would recommend these to anyone who walks in the countryside for short to moderate (15 mile) walks in any weather conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timberland Boots, 6 Mar 2012
Brian Potter (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
A great light weight and comfortable boot. Worn in the wet and feet have stayed dry thus far. My only concern is how to keep them looking good due to the finish of the uppers, only time will tell. Bought from Amazon shop because they were nearly 40 less expensive than anywhere else. This also meant fast and secure delivery. Well chuffed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a true walking boot., 2 Jun 2012
J. Eaton "snakes alive" (lancs uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
From the moment these boots arrived they were very comfortable- straight from the box. and waterproof as claimed, tested them on a beach walk with tide coming in, they got well soaked but never let water in. Next day after shaking off the sand they looked as good as new.
Now comes the downside. completed a 12 mile walk in the Matlock Peak district, up and down hill and dale all day long. The boots are great on low level flat walking but hopeless when it comes to climbing. Ankle support is non existent even though I pulled the laces a little bit tighter to get a bit more support from them, ankles ached at the end of the day. also had a bit of back ache next day so they probably don't do much for your posture either. Biggest problem was toes rubbing when descending steep hills, the boots are not designed with this in mind, so for me that's the ultimate test. sore toes after a downhill stretch- not good! They are hard wearing and lightweight which gives them a bit of a plus but I can't call them a proper walking boot. They are a Timberland Town and Country boot that looks like a walking boot. They are probably worth the price for what they are but they fail as a hiking boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good Hiking Boot., 17 Dec 2011
A very nice and komfortable Boot. It do not have much weight and because of that it feels very nice walking on the Boot. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good light weight boots., 9 Dec 2013
Wear these boots every day when walking the dogs in the New Forest. They take the conditions (wet or dry) extremely well and will definately buy another pair of the same boots.
Light weight and much better than other boots I have bought for same purpose over last 5 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and comfortable boots, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Timberland Men's Chocorua Trail & Hiking Boots (Apparel)
I already have pair of these boots, they have worn well and are definitely waterproof. can recommend these to the serious walker!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and comfort, and would recommend., 5 Jan 2014
I purchased a pair of these boots in December 2010, and have worn them everyday for long walks and exercising our dogs. Now here I am buying another pair which goes to prove how good they are. These boots are waterproof, give great support, and are so comfortable, and if I get the same life and value from this pair.....well hey-ho I can live with that. (",)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good boots, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Timberland Men's Chocorua Trail & Hiking Boots (Apparel)
This is the second pair of these type of boot I have purchased. Hopefully they will be as good as the first pair that have been the most comfortable walking boot I have owned. My friends cannot believe how cheap they are.