5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product at a perfect price
The Kenwood Blender has worked perfectly for me and it was offered at an exceptional price. On top of all this it was delivered in perfect condition within 24 hours of the order being placed.
Published on 2 Jun 2010 by Mr. James Oconnor

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, item is being returned.
Published on 26 Jan 2012 by willow81

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product at a perfect price, 2 Jun 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Blender, 27 May 2010
Mrs. J. E. Lowe (Austria) - See all my reviews
Very impressed with this blenders capability. It has a high output motor for a very reasonable price. It is also made of substantial materials i.e. metal and glass instead of everything being plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy duty piece of kit, 9 July 2010
Just took delivery of this BLX54 blender to replace an old plastic one. There is no comparison, the new one is nice and quiet (relatively speaking), seriously heavy duty - no danger of the goblet falling off or the lid flying off during use.
A side benefit is that the goblet could be used as a very handy weapon:-)

Very easy to clean as the whole blade assembly comes off in one piece, the inside of the lid is some kind of rubbery teflon stuff that rinses clean and the base is easy to wipe.

Also - I just had a look for spares (for future), as this is Kenwood all the bits are easily available although considering the quality of construction it probably won't need any for a long time.

Minus point (but not enough to take a star away) The goblet relies on it's square-ish shape and handle position to pour from the corner but as there is no real spout you tend to have the drink drip down the side.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, item is being returned., 26 Jan 2012
I purchased this blender from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and I am returning it today. It's a nice looking item, and I particularly wanted a blender with a glass jar, however, it has leaked each time I have used it. I have looked closely at the instructions for fitting the seal to the blade unit yet still liquid leaks when the blender is in use and the glass jar unscrews from the base unit. I have also found that it is less efficient than my previous Phillips smoothie maker-- you need to add much more liquid before the ingredients get mixing.

I contacted Kenwood customer services who were pretty unhelpful and denied that this was a problem with this model (obviously they don't read the Amazon reviews). Patronisingly asked if I was using hot liquids (of course not). Amazon customer services were very helpful, and as I have had the product less than one month they have arranged a return and refund.

I'll probably look to get another Phillips one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Sep 2010
This review is from: Kenwood kMix BLX510 Blender - Raspberry Red (Kitchen & Home)
Based on previous reviews, I decided to go for this as it seemed one of the best blenders out there. I was looking for something efficient, that would look good and last a long time. Well, this certainly looks good in the kitchen but it can't handle very simple things, such as smoothies. Bananas are never properly blended, let alone frozen fruits, no matter how long you blitz them, and it doesn't do too well on soups either. I don't know how long it will last, given that I bought it only a few months ago, but I am rather disappointed with it, so do think again before you buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it every day!, 6 April 2011
BookBliss (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this a couple of months ago for making smoothies and I use it every day,s ometimes twice a day. In the instructions it says it shouldn't be used for more than 1 minute continually at a time. I use frozen fruit when making smoothies and it blends them easily within 30 seconds.

THe jug is very heavy which sometimes I struggle with and the lid is a snug fit, sometimes I can find it a bit difficult to get off.

The first 10 - 15 times I used it I did notice a burning smell and was afraid it was going to burst into flames but I put this down to the elements not having been used before, the smell is no longer there.

Althoguh being a blender there is obviously some noise from it, this is not excessive and it is far quieter than a lot of other blenders that I have used.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so hot, 10 Jan 2011
I like the look of the blender. It seems to blend OK but the instructions say that soups should be allowed to cool to room temperature before blending! (Spontaneous soup makers beware.) I allowed my soup-mix to cool a bit before blending but clearly not enough. A few seconds after starting to blend,the jug cracked. The replacement service line is very good but the keen price that I got on Amazon has been rather cancelled out by the 31.25 replacement jug. You would have thought that it would have been possible to make a heat-resistant glass jug. I would then have awarded 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, 7 Feb 2010
This blender is amazing for the price, I bought it when it was on special and I'm very pleased with it.. Good sturdy build doesn't jump around when in use so you don't need to sit on it while it's blending, in its vibrant red looks good in your kitchen, the powerful 800w motor powers through everything with ease. I have had this blender for a couple of months now and I use it every day. I am a veggie who eats a lot of green smoothies which most blenders heave and moan trying to blend various veggies, but this zooms through the lot beautifully.. All in all I can't fault this product at all...

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty..useless, 19 April 2011
I bought this after reading a lot of reviews. I use my blender for for making smoothies, for which I use frozen raspberries - and it just can't cope, to the point where liquid leaks out of the bottom before the fruit is blended. I'm really disappointed, and think this is very overpriced considering the poor performance.

3.0 out of 5 stars looks lovely but!!!!!!, 4 Jun 2011
M. Gorman "missy marie" (ireland) - See all my reviews
This is a great looking machine ,nothing special in its operation, but glass jug has just developed a crack after only 5-7 uses.Back up service from Amazon is poor-basically told me to contact manufacturer-I understood contract was with retailer but alas I appear to be left to sort it out.Will purchase from local retailer in future as they are there when a problem arises.

just to update- kenwood could not have been better when I contacted-replacement jug by return -no quibble no charge