5.0 out of 5 stars A real hit!
I bought 2 of these for my Dad's 70th birthday party. I created a relay race in the garden and I dont think I have laughed so much! It certainly kept the younger adults entertained. Would highly recommend to anyone. it is easy to pump up, has a great high bounce and is ideal for adults. It will be used at many more parties.
Published on 11 Dec 2009 by Calamity

3.0 out of 5 stars Not "proper" retro - not the same material.
A spacehopper is a spacehopper, right? Having recently received one as a gift which was thin plastic which burst and then literally came apart on the first day, I wanted to replace it with one that was going to be tough and ordered this item on the strength of the product description: "made of tough, thick rubber". I expected it to be made as the original, 70s...
Published on 7 May 2011 by FabApocalypse

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant adult space hopper! Loved it!, 23 May 2010
This review is from: Science Museum Giant Retro Space Hopper (Toy)
Thought this was a bit expensive when I ordered it if I'm honest but given they seemed to be like gold dust at the time to get hold of thought would get a couple and give them a go. Was also a bit concerned about it holding my weight as I'm a big girl but have no problems at all! The included pump is brilliant, inflates and deflates, and it blows up very easily. My friend and I have had hours of fun on these with the kids. Would definitely recommend (though it's more hard work than when I was a kid!!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Super easy to inflate, 1 Aug 2014
This review is from: Science Museum Giant Retro Space Hopper (Toy)
Super easy to inflate, huge!!! Have provided hours of hilarity with 20somethings bouncing around the garden chasing each other and furry friends! You are never too old to have one of these!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so giant., 11 Feb 2009
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Science Museum Giant Retro Space Hopper (Toy)
"Giant Retro Space Hopper"? A Retro Space Hopper it is, great value for money and even comes complete with pump.
But sadly it's not giant. I bought it for my 11 year old daughter and it's way too small for her. My 4 year old nieces have much more fun with it.
A great buy for children under 7.

2.0 out of 5 stars wrong size in box!, 26 Feb 2011
This review is from: Science Museum Giant Retro Space Hopper (Toy)
Bought this for a christmas present and only blowing it up today as it is a nice day to play with it outdoors. The space hopper is the wrong size. It should be the giant one but it is a lot smaller than it should be. Disappionted children! Too late to return now.

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite retro, 12 Nov 2010
This review is from: Science Museum Giant Retro Space Hopper (Toy)
I was disappointed. This spacehopper is not made of thick durable rubber as advertised but rather sticky plastic. The spacehoppers from the 70s were made of thick durable rubber. Is there anywhere i could get a really genuine retro spacehopper i wonder?

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than it looks, 19 July 2013
Jeremy Burns (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Science Museum Giant Retro Space Hopper (Toy)
I was expecting something considerably bigger than this - it's more suited to very young children that bigger kids or adults.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very strong, 24 Nov 2012
Jasmine Johnston (Newport, Isle of Wight United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Science Museum Giant Retro Space Hopper (Toy)
Look good on arrival and easy to inflate, but wasn't very strong and is now sat in my garden deflated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for another generation, 2 April 2012
P. D. Knowlson "PdK" (Southern Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Science Museum Giant Retro Space Hopper (Toy)
With four boys between 21 and 14 Christmas presents which hit all the right spots are rare. Four of these bouncy hoppers meant that Christmas burnt off more calories having fun than the calories we had for the Christmas meal. The hoppers just about fit through the doors in our house where they made their debut but they were at their best outside on the street. Not quite extreme sports but the heights reached on the bounce were dangerous enough to keep them entertained. The hoppers passed street credibility ratings when one of the boys invited friends (male and female) over and had them enjoying the experience as well. They are well worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Retro classic, 9 Aug 2011
This review is from: Science Museum Giant Retro Space Hopper (Toy)
My children loved spacehoppers in the 70's and 80's and I got this one for my 7 year old granddaughter. It is extremely robust and traditional in colour and design; it also very large. As my granddaughter is very tall (4'5") for her age she could manage it well, but I think it really suits 8 and up. One spacehopper isn't enough as the children like to have races. I got a smaller one elsewhere for my 4 year old grandson. I would say this toy is fun rather than educational and also excellent exercise.

5.0 out of 5 stars bouncy, 11 Dec 2009
This review is from: Science Museum Giant Retro Space Hopper (Toy)
My daughter has so much energy, i am hoping this space hopper will wear her out, it looks good and lots of fun.

Science Museum Giant Retro Space Hopper