5,983 Reviews
 (4,483)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain price for top branded card
Just how cheap can this memory get ?

I am using this card in my Kodak Z1015 HD video capable digicam, the card is fast enough to cope with HD video to be continuously streamed to the card, I recently shot a continuous 29 min video with no problems whatever (8GB would have given me much longer)...it seems just great

This card is classified as a...
Published on 24 Oct 2008 by V. Brean

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware if your camera has HD video capability!
I bought this for my Canon 600D DSLR camera. When it was put in the camera, I was surprised by how many photos can be taken on it! However, with some HD cameras, as I discovered, you need to buy a 10 speed SD card to take HD videos. This is displayed on the SD card as a number in a circle, like this SD card has 4x speed. I have used this in other cameras and it has worked...
Published 22 months ago by William

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain price for top branded card, 24 Oct 2008
This review is from: SanDisk SDSDB-008G-B35 8 GB Secure 4 MB/s Class 4 SDHC Memory Card (Label May Change) (Personal Computers)
Just how cheap can this memory get ?

This card is classified as a "class 4", which means that it must have a minimum write speed of 4 megabytes per second, this seems fast enough for my purposes, other cards are classified at class 6 (6 mb/s min), so its not the fastest, but it seems fine for video

Just a note though....make sure that the device that you plan to use this card with is SD HC compatible as some older devices wont recognise this card

I am sure that memory will get even cheaper, but this seems like a great price to me, high street retailers often charge three or four times this price...Sandisk is a well known brand name too...great value

5.0 out of 5 stars A way forward for modern DSLRs with loads of megapixels, 29 Jan 2014
krerof (Burgess Hill, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I recently replaced my older Nikon DSLR with Nikon D7100 model. Nikon D7100 has a 24 mega-pixel sensor and the problem of file sizes and transfer speed has become apparent - if I shoot in RAW + Fine JPEG it simply takes too long to transfer files even on to a reasonably good standard class 10 SDHC card (I used Lexar Professional 400x 8GB cards with my previous DSLRs).

A Nikon D7100 RAW file takes up to 30MB in size. And a JPEG file is about 6-8 MB too. With my Lexar 400x cards it took about 2 seconds to write a single shot down to the memory card. So the high speed continuous shooting was like - 5 frames quickly go into the camera buffer, then another frame gets taken in 2 second interval after the first frame gets written to the memory card.

With these Sandisk 95 Mbps rated cards the write speed is at least twice as fast. So when shooting in high speed continuous mode I am getting 5 frames into the buffer and then another frame gets taken in 1 second interval.

So it looks like the write speed of these Sandisk 95 Mbps rated cards is twice as fast of the Lexar Professional 400x on a D7100.
(Not sure at which point the camera - card interface would become a bottleneck).

(If I have to shoot in continuous mode in real life, I would have to disable RAW and shoot in JPEG only - in this case I will get at least 5 fps continously on D7100 without any problem.)

I am happy with these Sandisk Extreme Pro cards overall. Even though they are more expensive than the crowd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card! working 100% fine with my Nikon D80..., 21 Nov 2008
R. A. Qureshi "Wra-heal" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Great card! working 100% fine with my Nikon D80. It is not super super fast... but it is quite fast than other 3rd party or low cost cards.

No issues taking pictures. No Errors.

You might need to upgrade your card reader. I am using direct cable from my camera to PC.

Will recomm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cameras, 22 Oct 2010
Given that this is the 457th review of this product I will keep it short. Yes this works fine in myPanasonic DMC-TZ10 camera. It is a type 2 SDHC card. This is the slowest variety, apparantly. I checked, and the number after TYPE refers to speed. There is a type 2, 4, 6 and 10 available, 2 being the slowest. I've made video using my camera though, and I haven't noticed any lag. So I wouldn't worry about it unless your device actually specifies that you need type 6, for instance.

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk 8GB SDHC Secure Digital Card, 1 Feb 2009
What can I say? SanDisk has been my favourite memory card manufacturer for many years now. The 8 Gb card has a huge storage capacity and like other cards, it is simple to transfer files to and from. As for pricing, SanDisk is relatively cheap when compared to other brands and yet performs excellently.

4.0 out of 5 stars value for money (but check price of the 16GB and the Extreme versions), 17 Oct 2008
What is there to say, it's a memory card, it stores things. It doesn't do much anything else. It does what it does well enough, it keeps the data; and it is reasonably fast.

It works great with my camera (EOS 450D), and you do need minimun of 8gb with a DSRL. Though you might now want to start looking at the 16GB to see if they provide better GB/£ ratio.

If speed is critical for you (as it sometimes is), then you might want to consider the Extreme versions from SanDisk (have one of those also). Yes they are more expensive, but you will want one of those if you for example do continuos shooting with a DSLR, then it's about the speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional performance at consumer pricing, 15 Dec 2011
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This is hands down the best SD card I have used to date. I have tended to become quite loyal to sandisk now as over the last few years I have found their products generally well built anbd offering amazing performance at realistic prices. I would go so far as to describe them as professional cards at consumer prices. On that note kudos to Amazon for being the cheapest at time of writing. As camera's increase in capability and offer full HD recording it baffles me that people do not them put in the appropriate card to get the best out of their kit.

I also had a transcend class 10 card and the difference in eprformance is night and day. I have not posted speed test results as they are subjective depending on your setup and kit but I ahve seen a massive increase in performance switching to this card. I am ready for my next shot faster and it records full hd with ease.

Being their 'extreme' brand the card is designed to be a bit more rugged and I ahve not yet put that to the test, and hopefully will never have to. I have still have sandisk cards such as an old ultra 2 and a previous extreme 3 card whcih speeds aside are still going strong, though they are now whittling out their days in an old digital camera and a photo frame.

Overall this is a top purchase worth the extra money to get the best out of your equipment. Professional level performance at consumer level pricing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk 32GB SD Card, 1 Jun 2011
Bought for use in video camera. Once formatted (done by video camera), it has space for about five and a half hours of 1080 video. I'm no electronics expert, so I just bought this on recommendation, and I have not found any problems with it at all. It does exactly what it's supposed to. And that's good enough for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great; Fast, 12 Nov 2009
I recently purchased a high definition video camera that records on memory card only, which is what I prefer. I wanted the biggest card so I went for this one and it works perfectly. This card gets me a little over 4 hours of recording time on the highest quality setting on my camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grrrrreat, 1 Oct 2010
D. Stevens (England) - See all my reviews
Got this SD card to use in a new HD camcorder which I also got from amazon, as I was told I would need the space to record in HD. Yes they were right I did need the space, and it is well worth spending a little more if you want the comfort of not having to worry about running out of space. To give you some kind of idea of timings, when recording in full HD it gives me about 4.5hrs. I have put both video and pictures from the card onto my computer and qulity is grrrreat.