5,878 Reviews
 (4,421)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain price for top branded card
Just how cheap can this memory get ?

I am using this card in my Kodak Z1015 HD video capable digicam, the card is fast enough to cope with HD video to be continuously streamed to the card, I recently shot a continuous 29 min video with no problems whatever (8GB would have given me much longer)...it seems just great

This card is classified as a...
Published on 24 Oct 2008 by V. Brean

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware if your camera has HD video capability!
I bought this for my Canon 600D DSLR camera. When it was put in the camera, I was surprised by how many photos can be taken on it! However, with some HD cameras, as I discovered, you need to buy a 10 speed SD card to take HD videos. This is displayed on the SD card as a number in a circle, like this SD card has 4x speed. I have used this in other cameras and it has worked...
Published 22 months ago by William

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain price for top branded card, 24 Oct 2008
This review is from: SanDisk SDSDB-008G-B35 8 GB Secure 4 MB/s Class 4 SDHC Memory Card (Label May Change) (Personal Computers)
Just how cheap can this memory get ?

This card is classified as a "class 4", which means that it must have a minimum write speed of 4 megabytes per second, this seems fast enough for my purposes, other cards are classified at class 6 (6 mb/s min), so its not the fastest, but it seems fine for video

Just a note though....make sure that the device that you plan to use this card with is SD HC compatible as some older devices wont recognise this card

I am sure that memory will get even cheaper, but this seems like a great price to me, high street retailers often charge three or four times this price...Sandisk is a well known brand name too...great value

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Extreme III, 17 May 2009
Imran Hamid (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this card to use in the Canon IXUS 990 IS.

HD Video...The movie clips mare are prefect, no slowness at all.

12 Megapixel Photos...I can take full resolution photos with just a 1 second delay.

Continous Shoot...The continous shoot works great, a few milliseconds delay between each shot.

Transfer to PC...3MB photos transfer blindingly fast, also the 60MB video clips transfer in just a few seconds too.

A definate buy if you have a good camera!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Oct 2008
Richard Stowey "Senior Project Manager" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Even though on the description page it says "Up to 30MB/s sequential read/write speeds", the finer print within the product details says "Speed Rating: 20 MB/s (read) 20 MB/s (write)". Just in case anyone is wondering, this IS NOT the 30 MB/s card.

I have two of them now and use them with my Nikon D90. I can get a lot of video recording out of them and the speeds seem to be able to cope well with the large amount of data recording.

Nice and reliable, good price and the small card reader comes in a small, zip-up, little pouch which is handy! Funnily enough, even though i have two of these, one came with a white usb card reader and the other one was black.

Nice card, price and works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card! working 100% fine with my Nikon D80..., 21 Nov 2008
R. A. Qureshi "Wra-heal" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Great card! working 100% fine with my Nikon D80. It is not super super fast... but it is quite fast than other 3rd party or low cost cards.

No issues taking pictures. No Errors.

You might need to upgrade your card reader. I am using direct cable from my camera to PC.

Will recomm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cameras, 22 Oct 2010
Given that this is the 457th review of this product I will keep it short. Yes this works fine in myPanasonic DMC-TZ10 camera. It is a type 2 SDHC card. This is the slowest variety, apparantly. I checked, and the number after TYPE refers to speed. There is a type 2, 4, 6 and 10 available, 2 being the slowest. I've made video using my camera though, and I haven't noticed any lag. So I wouldn't worry about it unless your device actually specifies that you need type 6, for instance.

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk 8GB SDHC Secure Digital Card, 1 Feb 2009
What can I say? SanDisk has been my favourite memory card manufacturer for many years now. The 8 Gb card has a huge storage capacity and like other cards, it is simple to transfer files to and from. As for pricing, SanDisk is relatively cheap when compared to other brands and yet performs excellently.

4.0 out of 5 stars value for money (but check price of the 16GB and the Extreme versions), 17 Oct 2008
What is there to say, it's a memory card, it stores things. It doesn't do much anything else. It does what it does well enough, it keeps the data; and it is reasonably fast.

It works great with my camera (EOS 450D), and you do need minimun of 8gb with a DSRL. Though you might now want to start looking at the 16GB to see if they provide better GB/£ ratio.

If speed is critical for you (as it sometimes is), then you might want to consider the Extreme versions from SanDisk (have one of those also). Yes they are more expensive, but you will want one of those if you for example do continuos shooting with a DSLR, then it's about the speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional performance at consumer pricing, 15 Dec 2011
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This is hands down the best SD card I have used to date. I have tended to become quite loyal to sandisk now as over the last few years I have found their products generally well built anbd offering amazing performance at realistic prices. I would go so far as to describe them as professional cards at consumer prices. On that note kudos to Amazon for being the cheapest at time of writing. As camera's increase in capability and offer full HD recording it baffles me that people do not them put in the appropriate card to get the best out of their kit.

I also had a transcend class 10 card and the difference in eprformance is night and day. I have not posted speed test results as they are subjective depending on your setup and kit but I ahve seen a massive increase in performance switching to this card. I am ready for my next shot faster and it records full hd with ease.

Being their 'extreme' brand the card is designed to be a bit more rugged and I ahve not yet put that to the test, and hopefully will never have to. I have still have sandisk cards such as an old ultra 2 and a previous extreme 3 card whcih speeds aside are still going strong, though they are now whittling out their days in an old digital camera and a photo frame.

Overall this is a top purchase worth the extra money to get the best out of your equipment. Professional level performance at consumer level pricing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk 32GB SD Card, 1 Jun 2011
Bought for use in video camera. Once formatted (done by video camera), it has space for about five and a half hours of 1080 video. I'm no electronics expert, so I just bought this on recommendation, and I have not found any problems with it at all. It does exactly what it's supposed to. And that's good enough for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great; Fast, 12 Nov 2009
I recently purchased a high definition video camera that records on memory card only, which is what I prefer. I wanted the biggest card so I went for this one and it works perfectly. This card gets me a little over 4 hours of recording time on the highest quality setting on my camera.