Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 October 2007
After waiting 2 and a half years and one member down for a new album it has been worth it. The 4 guy return with stronger voices bringing a more mature sound tending to go with the more rockier (incomplete) sound also with one or two slick r&b numbers. With no Max Martin on this album the production credits were mainly left to Dan Muckala who produced songs on the never gone album. Also John Shanks, Billy Mann and Emanuel Kiriakou help out. Standout tracks are Unmistakable, You Can Let Go, Treat Me Right, Inconsolable and my personal favourate Something that I Already Know. If you are going to buy this album buy the deluxe edition as the tracks Downpour and In Pieces are truely worth it. For anyone who is expecting The 1990's synth sounding backstreet boys....Don't

All in all a great come back
on 30 October 2007
Last night I got a sneek peak of what the album sounds like on Itunes and thought *Omg they've ruined it* but that just goes to show that 30second clips of songs really doesn't define them because I got up at the crack of dawn this morning and went down to my local music store and bought the deluxe UK version of the album with the extra tracks and it is AMAZING.

Its DEFINITELY the best album since Milennium.

It puts Black & Blue and Never Gone to shame. It's got the fantastic electronic pop songs that we all know and love reminiscent of *The One* and *Get Another Boyfriend* but much more grown up.

The ballads are a lot more powerful than the ones on Never Gone and they are all so catchy. The biggest surprise on this album is HOWIE. He's never been my fav bsb member especially after singing *My heart stays with you* which is my least fav bsb song, but his voice is amazing on this album , even A.J says so in his thank yous.

Highlights on the album are DEFINITELY

*Treat Me Right
*Nowhere to Go (only available on the Deluxe version in the UK)
*Everything But Mine
*Downpour (Deluxe Only)

Backstreet's not just back, or never gone, they're UNBREAKABLE
44 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 9 November 2007
Five little Backstreet Boys, not youngsters anymore
Kevin went off on his own, and then there were four
Four little Backstreet Boys, hopefully unbreakable
Though less than what they started with, they still sound unmistakable

This album is a welcome return for the matured though down-sized Backstreet Boys, one of the surviving groups of the mighty boy band era. Still firmly entrenched in the mainstream pop genre, this album does not disappoint, with several tracks that merit being released as singles.

First single "Inconsolable" is typical BSB, and is very similar to "Incomplete", the hit single from their last album. Other tracks to note are the upbeat "Everything But Mine", "Any Other Way", and the reggae influenced "One in a Million" and "Panic".

Of course there are the trademark BSB ballads like "Something That I Already Know", "Love Will Keep You Up All Night", "Unmistakable", and bonus tracks "Downpour" and "In Pieces" to keep ballad-lovers swooning. Another interesting track is "Treat Me Right" written by A.J. McLean of BSB and J.C. Chasez formerly of `N Sync.

A track I REALLY like is "Helpless When She Smiles", especially the chorus, which goes "I'm a house of cards in a hurricane / A reckless ride in the pouring rain", and with fourteen tracks and two bonus tracks, you're sure to find a favorite too.

Recommended for fans of mainstream radio-friendly pop music.

Amanda Richards
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 2 November 2007
I do not know where to start actually. But I want to say that before writing a review everyone should know very well that this is a band that at some points defined what pop & rnb modern pop should be like. This album is not good, it is great, for many reasons:
1- It is quite mature compared to other BSB albums
2- there aren't any songs that are borrowed from other bands or singers as we are seeing in most new releases nowadays
3- I cannot think of any song on this album that is bad, or boring
4- the music, lyrics, and the whole thing put together works great
5- The song choice is fantastic, some songs you can listen to them lots of times and still want to listen to them more
6- Have you listened to Downpour, Inconsolable, No where to go? great songs
7- the variety of tones and beats suits every mood and there is no boring ballady repetition where you feel that everything is the same but different lyrics. This album actually is quite the opposite.
8- Even if you are not a big fan of the band, just listen to the songs mentioned above and you will know why they are the best in what they are doing.

I am wondering whether they can do better than this. This album is the crown of BSB's work I think, and it is really addictive and shows what real pop music is all about: variety, good lyrics, good music, and harmounous and balanced vocals. Great album, and great Band. get it and you will not regret it.
VINE VOICEon 8 June 2008
Well, if you like the Backstreet Boys you won't be disappointed with this album. Kevin is missing but there are still 4 great voices here. We've watched them all grow and Nick's matured along with his voice. As with most groups the sound has matured with them, and grown more sophisticated, although as far as I'm concerned A.J.'s voice couldn't get much better, it's like velvet!
There are some great lyrics on this, e.g. track no 6, Any other way: "there you go, caught you crashing my dreams again, just when I'm tryin to get over you", "a world without you is only wasted space"- and the boys themselves had a hand in writing some of them. There is a nice variety of tracks aswell, which is what you expect of them. There are several potential number 1s here and you have to wonder who picks which tracks are to be released as singles, as I don't think that "Helpless when she smiles" is the best. As with every single album I buy, there are some tracks that just jump out at you, and you hit the repeat button, those are the potentials. There is a beautiful, touching, wistful track here called "Unmistakable" about whether you will be able to tell when the right one comes along. Again some lovely lyrics: "what if you're here and I'm just blind". I'm not a big fan of Howie's voice but he really adds depth to some of the tracks on every album and this one in particular, especially in "Unmistakable". My only complaint about this album is that it comes in card packaging, as opposed to a hard case, and there are no lyrics included. The deluxe edition includes a small poster, but for my money I would have preferred a solid case, to avoid scratching the cd every time it is taken out. There is, so far only one negative review up here so I think that speaks for itself!
on 5 November 2007
I brought the new Backstreet Boy's album Unbreakable and think it's absolutely fantastic! It is a much maturer sound with more instrumentals, raw guitares, drums and base. This is not to say that their beautiful vocals and harmonies are any less magical than usual. All the tracks are powerful rock ballards yet each have something completely unique and exiting in each one.

I strongly reccommend this album to anyone but if you are a Backstreet boy's fan then you MUST MUST get this NOW!
on 23 May 2008
I couldn't see how I was going to like the boys latest album as much as I have all the others, but oh yes, I did. All the songs are absolutely brilliant, they are on top form as usual. Favourites include: Unmistakeable, In Pieces, Panic......the list could go on as I love all the songs. They are, for the first time, without Kevin on this album but (sorry, Kevin) they sound just as brilliant as they did with him. I saw Backstreet Boys in concert at the O2 arena last week for their Unbreakable tour and they were amazing, it was a fantastic night. They have been going for 15 years, surely this should tell the sceptics something. They may still be known as a 'boy band' but the quality of their songs far exceeds that of past boy bands. Long live Backstreet Boys!
on 5 January 2008
Well once again the boys never dissapoint when it comes to releasing an album, Love the variation of the songs on here from Inconsolable to the excellent Treat me right. A cracking album that will be staying on my car cd for a good few months.
on 24 October 2010
This is a good album for being current and with the times but unfortuantely im just not loving it. I bought this the same time as Backstreet Boys Hits Volume One and I find that I have barely listened to the new album and constantly listening to the older one. Maybe its just because I like singing along, but usually if you dont get into an album its because the songs are not catchy enough. If you really love them though its worth a look at. Would recomend you check the songs out on Youtube first :)
on 30 October 2007
I've always described the Backstreet Boys as a white Boys II Men with a more modern sound. This is demonstrated again in this album where their vocals are top class. 17 tracks, it's definitely worth getting the deluxe edition if you're a fan for the extra 2 tracks, the colourful digipac and the poster. Its a shame Kevin decided to leave (he wanted to take a step back and do different things such as start a family, act and produce), however he's related to Brian and they're all still buddies, I hope it's just a matter of time before he rejoins the band when he's had a chance to do the stuff he felt he was missing out on. They have left the door open for him.

The album is a mixture of the up tempo songs and the slow ballads. With great vocals, fantastic harmonising and incredible choruses. Need I say more?!