5.0 out of 5 stars Don of printers
This is the best printer I have ever owned. It prints up to A3, and is very quick, and quiet.

Published on 19 Dec 2008 by R. Merriman

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to HP's previous ease of use or quality
Published on 26 July 2011 by Norfolkboy

5.0 out of 5 stars Don of printers, 19 Dec 2008
R. Merriman "russ" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Officejet K7100 A3+ Photo Quality Colour Business Printer (Electronics)

It is economical with the ink, but I would suggest you buy the extended cartridges(339-black), as these hold 4times the ink for only a few pounds more. It prints quite good colour pictures on the standard colour cartridge, but you can buy a photo cartridge that makes them even better.

I use this printer on building sites, so it gets plenty of rough handling and dust, which have not caused it any problems yet. Unlike some other printers you can turn this one upside down or on end for transport, without ink going everywhere. I will be purchasing another one soon, as we have found it to be an invaluable piece of kit, and my workmates are jealous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great printer, 19 July 2009
HP Officejet K7100 A3+ Photo Quality Colour Business Printer
WOW, I really can't believe some of the reviews of this printer that I have read elsewhere. I read one Computer magazine review that complained about speed and said it took 2.5 seconds to produce a page. How quickly do you need a page to print for heaven's sake? For black and white, draft mode is sufficient in most cases. It speeds things up and uses less ink as well!
I am a photographer and I use the K7100 to print both A3 and A4. These are photos going to clients. They are happy with them and so am I. The A3 prints can lead to sharp intakes of breath when clients see them. Yes, they take a while to print but quality takes time.
It is quite evident that some reviewers, including Computer magazines, haven't got a clue how to use the driver to get the best out of a printer. It is also clear that they are dreaming of some mystical printer that churns out full A3 size photographs at the rate of one every 0.5 seconds.
Do not be put off by reviews. This is a great printer. Experiment with different print qualities and settings. Get to know and use the driver and I guarantee you will reap the benefits.
There are better, and faster printers out there but they are twice the price of the K7100. And the quality/speed might be no better unless you go through experimentation stage.
By the way - mine works great on my wireless network. It is physically connected to a desktop and shared with laptops that connect wirelessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Precision A3 printer performance., 11 July 2009
A. Moss "lindisun" (NE England) - See all my reviews
As a sundial designer my need is for very precise and detailed images with dense black lines on hi-tech film. I am delighted with the performance of the K7100 A3 printer in this respect. Amazing value for money.

Tony Moss
Lindisfarne Sundials.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for a laptop printer, 1 Feb 2009
K. Kerfoot (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
Brought this printer for my laptop and its great. It was easy to install and responds very quickly when i print stuff. Print quality is good and the actual printer is very light so would be good for those who need to travel with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP CLASS, 24 Mar 2009
I purchased this printer as a replacement for my deskjet 6940 reasons being i needed to be able to print on A3 paper and the K7100 is ideal i recieved it 4 days after ordering it was in perfect condition, after setting it up it took me a few days to get the setting right with AutoCad but when i got it sorted it hasn't failed to impress with it brillant speeds and print quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workhorse, 7 Sep 2010
Mr. K. Gaffney (UK) - See all my reviews
The HP Officejet K7100 is a great workhorse. Solid, dependable and never jams.

We are a small architecture practice and print mostly A4 and A3 drawings, photos and the usual letters and admin. It can print on thick card and envelopes and is very flexible. The ink cartridges never block (unlike Epson printers). Speed is pretty okay for us, there is a fast draft setting which really chucks out the pages with lower but still passable quality. Line quality is also ok, on nice paper diagonal lines don't tend to pixelate.

There are two downsides:
1. The colour photo quality is not fantastic. It prints ok but compared to the Epson printers this doesn't stack up (but the ink lasts way longer and never blocks unlike the Epson)
2. The ram on the printer is not great for bigger files: if we are printing larger than 20MB we print to pdf first then print to save the ram and prevent the printer stopping every 30secs as it thinks about it.

Two years and not broken / stopped once. It has only jammed paper twice (once on a very thick piece of card) mis-feeds paper very very occasionally. This as I said is a workhorse and a very good one. Overall this is a 5 out of 5!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to HP's previous ease of use or quality, 26 July 2011
Looks good but conflicts with several programs that I already have installed, among these are PaintShopPro, ChordProManager, Canon Scanner software; it causes these programs to crash or close. I get the impression that being 'web enabled' it gets its hooks into the XP operating system further than is healthy. I can't prove it but I'm sure the computer is slower now than before intalling HP's software. I know its only a 'business printer', but I'm not that impressed with the colour photo printing (using HP photo paper). I just want a printer that does the basics reliably and this isn't it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Paper Jams!, 31 July 2009
Not a bad printer if you only use A3 paper, but if you load A4 in the top tray, the printer sucks in 10 sheets at a time, along with some A3 sheets too, and gives a big paper jam.
Mine went back to Amazon for a full refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great A3 printer, 14 Oct 2013
R. A. Lee - See all my reviews
I've always found it worth spending a bit more on HP printers to get better quality and this one meets my expectations full. No problems after several years regular use on our network.

5.0 out of 5 stars A3 Printer, 9 Mar 2009
The product is exactly what we required and appears to be every thing we hoped for. Arrived in good order and on time.