100 Hits: 70s
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£8.55+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Since Amazon seems to think it's not important to provide a track listing, I'll overrule them and provide it here. I'll preface by saying: 1) These are the original tracks by the original artists; 2) There is some great stuff here, some OK stuff, and some real duff tracks. It's a fiver for 5 CDs and 100 tracks, so even if you only like a quarter of them, it's not a bad deal. But I can't imagine anyone thinking this is super strong all the way through:

1-1 Nolans, The - I'm In The Mood For Dancing
3-2 Perry Como - It's Impossible
3-3 Bread - It Don't Matter To Me
3-4 Johnny Nash - Tears On My Pillow
3-5 Melanie (2) - Ruby Tuesday
3-6 Chris Rea - Fool (If You Think It's Over)
3-7 Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E's In Love
3-8 Chicago (2) - If You Leave Me Now
3-9 Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
3-10 Delfonics, The - Ready Or Not Here I Come (Can't Hide From Love)
3-11 Art Garfunkel - I Only Have Eyes For You
3-12 Pointer Sisters, The* - Fire
3-13 Doobie Brothers, The - What A Fool Believes
3-14 Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
3-15 New Seekers, The - You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me
5-16 Johnny Johnson & The Bandwagon* - Blame It On The Pony Express
5-17 Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady
5-18 Dana (9) - Please Tell Him That I Said Hello
5-19 Dawn (5) - Knock Three Times
5-20 Barry Blue - Do You Wanna Dance?
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 11 April 2011
Why is there no track listing for this boxed set? This is becoming increasingly common on Amazon. Why do some products have a comprehensive track listing and others do not? It is so annoying when you want to know exactly what tracks are on the cd and you can't find it anywhere on the page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 15 January 2008
I'm sorry 'Music Fan'(an ironic name really) but I must respond to the comment that troubled me for weeks - the fact you said there were some re-recordings on this Demon label album (usually a good source).

I was reluctant to buy a copy because of this.
- when Amazon dropped the price I bought a copy and have just checked them out.

I am pleased to say ** THEY ARE ALL THE ORIGINAL HIT RECORDINGS ** Great value for money.

A great selection, a great price snd once again THEY ARE ORIGINALS - AND I'M ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN ABOUT THIS - buy with confidence.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This may well be considered a late review, however, this is another great 70's collection.
Ok, again, collectors of music from this era will, like myself have most if not all the tracks
on board, perhaps many times over, for me it's all about the play-list (order of play) which
freshens up listening to many, many favourite sounds from the 70's.
I have to say nearly all the tracks on-board are truly some of the great sounds we all remember
and love from that time.
I'll as usual pick out one or two sounds from each disc to give a flavour of what's on offer...
on disc one....'Boney M' --'Brown Girl in the Ring' (This was in fact the 'B-Side of their smash
hit 'Rivers of Babylon' however it also charted in the UK top ten in it's own merit)....Tina
Charles' --'Dr Love'....'Eruption' --'One Way Ticket'....'Andrew Gold' --'Never Let her Slip Away'
'Sarah Brightman' --'I Lost my Heart to a Starship Trooper'....'Darts' --'The Boy from New York
City'....and....'Christie' --'Yellow River'.....some of the great tracks to enjoy on disc one....on disc
two....'Smokie' --'Oh Carol'....'Sweet' --'Wig Wam Bam'....'Faces' --'Stay With Me' (of course this
was the group 'Rod Stewart' had success with before going solo)....'The Glitter Band' --Angel
Face'....'David Essex' --'Rock On'....'T.Rex' --'Telegram Sam'....and....'Yes' --'Wonderous Stories'
just a few of the many foot-tapping tracks on disc two,,,,,on disc three.....'Elvis' --'The Wonder of
You'....'Bread' --'It Don't Matter to Me'....'Melanie' --'Ruby Tuesday' (love this 'Stones' number)...
' Chicago' --'If You Leave Me Now' ...'The Pointer Sisters' --'Fire'.....'Showaddywaddy' --'Under
the Moon Of Love'...and...'Perry Como' --'And I Love You So'....disc three again full of great
memories.....on disc four....'E.L.O' --'Shine a Little Love'....'Alvin Stardust' --'Jealous Mind' (Alvin'
was 'Shane Fenton' in the 60's, the song he's remembered for was 'Come Outside')....'Bay City
Rollers' --'Give a Little Love'....'Sailor' --'Glass of Champagne'...'Darts' --'Come Back my Love'..
and...;Billy Swan' --'I Can Help'....half a dozen or so of the tracks to enjoy on disc four...on disc
five...,.'Carly Simon' --'You're So Vain'....'Chas and Dave' --'Gertcha'....'First Class' --'Beach Baby'
'Sutherland Brothers and Quiver' --'Arms of Mary'...'Earth Wind and Fire' --'Got to Get a Little Love'
'Baccara' --'Sorry I'm a Lady'....and...'Dawn' --'Knock Three Times'.....some of the super 70's tracks
on disc five.......,I've highlighted half a dozen or so of the many great sounds from each disc, check
it out, if you love 70's music, you'll almost certainly love this 5-disc compilation.
As an earlier reviewer pointed out, these are original sounds and the sound quality is excellent.
You could obviously say there are many great names missing, you'll never buy a compilation
with all the names and songs of all you remember from back the, however I have to say, this is a very
good addition to my collection.
(When writing music reviews I listen to all or some of the artist or in this case artists I'm reviewing)
on 2 December 2012
Good, eclectic mix of material. Not quite 100% bona fide content, however, so prospective purchasers might want to note the following:

'Fool If You Think It's Over' (Chris Rea) - not the 1978 original, but the 1988 remix.
'She's Gone' (Hall & Oates) and '25 Or 6 To 4' (Chicago) - brutal edits.
'Once Bitten Twice Shy' (Ian Hunter) - slight edit.
'Yellow River' (Christie) - mucky mono mix.

Otherwise well worth a budget price (I paid £6.79).
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
If there were on average five entries into the UK top forty each week (a probably understatement), then there would have been 2,600 top forty hits in the 1970s. So, this collection of 100 of those hits (not all of which reached the top forty) is never going to please everybody.

Sure, there are very few big names in this collection, and the list of those artists expected but missing is bound to be long, but these one hundred tracks provide a reasonable cross-section of what was, for me, a rich decade in pop music. Highlights include `Fantasy' by Earth Wind & Fire; `Northern Lights' by Renaissance; `No Regrets' by the Walker Brothers; and `Rio' by Michael Nesmith (of the Monkees).

As well as Earth, Wind & Fire, those featured more than once in this set are the Bay City Rollers, the Cars, Chicago, Perry Como, Darts, Ian Dury, Dave Edmunds, BA Robertson, Alvin Stardust, and T-Rex. It was good to hear again the Macarthur Park-esque `Little Does She Know' by the Kursaal Flyers as well as the short-ist `Short People' by Randy Newman, a song that pokes fun at prejudice. We also get the full seven minutes of Ian Dury's `Reasons to be Cheerful' and all nine minutes of Deodato's version of Richard Strauss's `Also Sprach Zarathustra'.

You pays your money and you takes your choice. There's much here that I would leave off my own selection, but overall this is not a bad set.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a great cd for all those popular sounds of the 70s, at a reasonable price. They're all there. Great memories of a great time in music. Throughly recommended.All top hits.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 April 2013
I always read through the tracklist before buying any album. This one really got my interest. I have a few 70s compilations now. This one is one of the best. The cheerful Nolans, I'm IN The Mood For Dancing starts us off on disc 1, and follows through with such songs as Dance Dance Dance - Chic; Brown Girl In The Ring - Boney M; and another cheery record, Dr. Love - Tina Charles. By the time you get to One Way Ticket - Eruption, you know you've made a great choice! With five albums altogether, you're bound to be singing almost as soon as each disc begins. Disc 2 sports artists like Smokie; Ian Hunter and Renaissance amongst loads of others. Redbone are there also, and things get even better as you progress through each disc. 100 delights, as far as I'm concerned. Get it! You will not be disappointed.
on 10 April 2011
This is a must for anyone wanting to take a trip back to their teenage years if you were born in the 60's and grew up with 70's music! So many hits that will take you back on a journey that is bound to bring back so many memories! Some of the songs will make you smile there are some cheesy tunes but also plenty of fab classics that you may not already have in your collection and perhaps will have forgotten all about. I played each CD without looking at the listing and enjoyed the many hours of surprises- musically and emotionally.
on 13 January 2014
in the seventies I worked in a LONDON pub and most of these tracks were on the jukebox
so it is 5 cd,s of good memories