Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 November 2007
If you're looking for top class musical ability Cantorion & the Cory Band have it in spades. The sound they make and the arrangements by Karl Jenkins are great - how modern male voice and brass music should be. Delilah is a bit cheesy but Cantilena sends shivers down my spine. Great video on You Tube too.
on 11 January 2008
I was lucky a friend let me hear this album he'd been waiting for. I ordered my copy immediately and... wow !! It can only be described as fantastic,awe inspiring. Some of the tunes make my hair stand up and a couple make me cry !! What a treat of a production. Being half Welsh, an ex boy soprano/alto and a Bb/Soprano cornet player adds to the emotion I get from hearing these gems. All tracks are favourites for different reasons but, the best two for me are 1 and 16. Thank you to all who helped to make this album mindblowing !!
on 20 October 2007
I watched the music video for the title track and instantly fell in love with the album. I then saw The Alan Titchmarch Show and my love was greatened. Some fine playing from one of the best musical ensembles around.
on 31 January 2008
Picked this up Katherine Jenkins had done a Bryn Terfel-type Welsh Album...put it on when I got home and instead of Miss Jenkin's vocals I was greeted by Brass Band and Choir, arranged by Karl Jenkins!!

I have the Voices of the Valley albums as well, this Karl Jenkins album is far, far better. Myfanwy and Hyfrydol bring a tear to my eye. The arrangements are superb, and it has more of a welsh-feel than the Fron choir

An excellent, even if accidental, purchase. I am delighted with it.
on 18 December 2007
This is an amazing album. I have owned it about 3 days now, and it is on my iPhone and iTunes. Absolutely outstanding mix of a wonderful male chorus and one of the world's top brass bands.

As I write this, it is #1 on the UK "Classical" charts -- and for good reason. It is simply rich, full, and dynamic. It may not sell like the latest hip-hop album (I once heard someone say Hip-Hop is to music what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!) but if you are fan of the classical genre and love great -- no exquisite music, this is a must have album.
on 17 August 2010
This is a brilliant CD combining the best of brass bands (Cory), male choirs (Only Men Aloud - in spite of the title credits!) and composer/conductors (Karl Jenkins). What's more, they all come from the beautiful Land of Song & Music, Dear Old Wales (or, should I say, Cymru Fach!).

Put together by Classic FM listener's favourite living composer, Karl Jenkins, the CD contains some of Karl's music, with its rhythmic qualities, beautiful melodies and haunting harmonies, along with modern interpretations of popular Welsh melodies, and other melodies associated with Wales. The Cory Band have won every championship going, including the World Championship, whilst Only Men Aloud are the one and only winners of BBC1's Last Choir Standing Competition, although this CD was recorded before this contest.

Coincidentally, all three of these acts appeared at the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod this year, in three different concerts, continuing the Eisteddfod's policy of staging international class talent, particularly from Wales, in all musical forms.

All in all, this CD is a must for all Music Lovers, especially those who appreciate Welsh Music and Welsh Musical Artists, and those who attended the Llangollen concerts.
on 18 October 2007
Just saw these wonderful brass players and singers on Alan Titchmarsh, the played 'Delilah' which is one of my favourite Tom Jones songs - it was an incredible performance. I've just pre-ordered my copy of the album and can't wait to hear the rest of it.
on 16 March 2010
A winning combination of the traditional voice and brass of the Welsh choir interpreting many old favourites, but given a twist by the individuality of Karl Jenkins. The result is a marriage of familiar melodies enjoyable for their sheer tunefulness, and rich, complex harmony. Easy to listen to, but a disc I have returned to again and again.
on 25 December 2009
This is a wonderful combination of choral & brass band music. Karl Jenkins composes some wonderful music and this CD is worth having just for the Benedictus track alone - the euphonium playing is delightful. Some lovely traditional songs such as Myfanwy and Abide with me as well as some more modern popular songs such as Delilah make it a great listening experience.
on 26 April 2014
this is is another Jenkins master compilation-- Is it possible to get the video without the
sound. We would like to do the music " Rackham Syphony Choir" mated to the video
We did this with Armed Man and it was well received--Ray Litt Rackham Choir@aol.com 313 549 8787