5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Voices, Fantastic playing, Fantastic Album
If you're looking for top class musical ability Cantorion & the Cory Band have it in spades. The sound they make and the arrangements by Karl Jenkins are great - how modern male voice and brass music should be. Delilah is a bit cheesy but Cantilena sends shivers down my spine. Great video on You Tube too.
Published on 1 Nov 2007 by Woffy

1.0 out of 5 stars disapointment
bought this product originally from H.M.V Had to return it. This is simply not Karl Jenkins who I worship
Published on 4 Jan 2010 by J. P. A. Vincent

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Voices, Fantastic playing, Fantastic Album, 1 Nov 2007
Woffy (Chepstow, Wales) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR YOUR COLLECTION, 11 Jan 2008
TED (SCOTLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Land of Ours (Audio CD)
I was lucky a friend let me hear this album he'd been waiting for. I ordered my copy immediately and... wow !! It can only be described as fantastic,awe inspiring. Some of the tunes make my hair stand up and a couple make me cry !! What a treat of a production. Being half Welsh, an ex boy soprano/alto and a Bb/Soprano cornet player adds to the emotion I get from hearing these gems. All tracks are favourites for different reasons but, the best two for me are 1 and 16. Thank you to all who helped to make this album mindblowing !!

5.0 out of 5 stars One Word - Amazing!!!, 20 Oct 2007
M. Scott - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Land of Ours (Audio CD)
I watched the music video for the title track and instantly fell in love with the album. I then saw The Alan Titchmarch Show and my love was greatened. Some fine playing from one of the best musical ensembles around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silly Dyslexic me,...., 31 Jan 2008
This review is from: This Land of Ours (Audio CD)
Picked this up Katherine Jenkins had done a Bryn Terfel-type Welsh Album...put it on when I got home and instead of Miss Jenkin's vocals I was greeted by Brass Band and Choir, arranged by Karl Jenkins!!

I have the Voices of the Valley albums as well, this Karl Jenkins album is far, far better. Myfanwy and Hyfrydol bring a tear to my eye. The arrangements are superb, and it has more of a welsh-feel than the Fron choir

An excellent, even if accidental, purchase. I am delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superlatives are Hard to Come By ..., 18 Dec 2007
DocJim "Dr. Jim Fox -- Former College Profess... (Low Prices,Great Service - Please Keep it that way!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Land of Ours (Audio CD)
This is an amazing album. I have owned it about 3 days now, and it is on my iPhone and iTunes. Absolutely outstanding mix of a wonderful male chorus and one of the world's top brass bands.

As I write this, it is #1 on the UK "Classical" charts -- and for good reason. It is simply rich, full, and dynamic. It may not sell like the latest hip-hop album (I once heard someone say Hip-Hop is to music what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!) but if you are fan of the classical genre and love great -- no exquisite music, this is a must have album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just saw them on Alan Titchmarsh!, 18 Oct 2007
This review is from: This Land of Ours (Audio CD)
Just saw these wonderful brass players and singers on Alan Titchmarsh, the played 'Delilah' which is one of my favourite Tom Jones songs - it was an incredible performance. I've just pre-ordered my copy of the album and can't wait to hear the rest of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars rich sound, 16 Mar 2010
Curran (Staplehurst, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Land of Ours (Audio CD)
A winning combination of the traditional voice and brass of the Welsh choir interpreting many old favourites, but given a twist by the individuality of Karl Jenkins. The result is a marriage of familiar melodies enjoyable for their sheer tunefulness, and rich, complex harmony. Easy to listen to, but a disc I have returned to again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars comments on a great music/video, 26 April 2014
This review is from: This Land of Ours (Audio CD)
this is is another Jenkins master compilation-- Is it possible to get the video without the
sound. We would like to do the music " Rackham Syphony Choir" mated to the video
We did this with Armed Man and it was well received--Ray Litt Rackham Choir@aol.com 313 549 8787

5.0 out of 5 stars Graet Cd, 3 Feb 2014
This is the music that Karl Jenkins is all about. It's one of those cd's that you can't stop listening too.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: This Land of Ours (Audio CD)
Karl Jenkins can do no wrong. The Cory Band has long been at the top of their tree, and look like staying there. The programme has something for everyone, from "Delilah" to all the Welsh favourites.
Diolch yn fawr iawn.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

This Land of Ours
This Land of Ours by Karl Jenkins (Audio CD - 2007)