Colour: 1 Bottle|Size: 120ml|Change

on 29 November 2013
Although DEET products have got controversial reviews, this is certainly a safe, yet totally effective insect repellent. No plastic deterioration, no skin irritation or clothe destruction, this is (seemingly at least) harmless but very effective: no insect of any kind approached me in a tropical jungle and even some that did, instantly flied away.
on 3 August 2010
Used it in Sri Lanka for 2 weeks recently along with the 100 version as well - fantastic for me as only one bite in 2 weeks - while rest of my Doubting Thomas family got bitten somewhat badly. If only they had listened! Needs care when applying as strong stuff certainly can take colour out of shoes and jewellery and can stain clothes so beware....but it works
on 24 April 2015
Having been bitten rather severely by clegs (horseflies) and midgies at home, mosquitos abroad, investigating on line and reading user's reviews I decided to purchase this. I do not find it greasy at all. It does not come out as a fine spray instead it comes out as a dollop of liquid which allows you to spread it evenly over arms, legs etc, and a small amount goes a long way. I applied it outside as I do know that this product is lethal if dropped on furniture. Read the instructions carefully as it is advised to wash hands after use in case it is spread to food by mistake. I have only used it once since purchasing so haven't had it long enough to review it as a deterrent but hopefully these blasted insects will now leave me alone.

I also have spent quite a bit of money on plants which are supposed to deter midgies, so far I have planted in my garden lavender and marigolds, I'm awaiting citronella grass to come in to the garden centre, my next stop is the chemist to purchase vitamin B1.
on 6 August 2015
I always get badly bitten no matter where I am bit recently in Cambodia...I sprayed.. Didn't get bit... My friend didn't and woke up the next morning itching and scratching everywhere.
Make sure you spray all of the visible skin though... Otherwise they WILL find the bits that aren't. The smell alone is not enough to repel them although it is enough to knock a human out so don't spray in an enclosed area.
on 26 July 2010
Have bought 55 deet and also the extra strength version (nearly 100% deet, when I was in India and Thailand) and really like this product. It is more oil based as a spray so you can spray then rub in for extra coverage, and is totally fragrance free! So no choking over the usual insect repellent fumes :)
on 22 January 2016
It must work as neither my wife nor I had a single bite during 2 weeks in the Caribbean. It was easy to apply, did not smell unpleasant and we still have plenty left.
on 19 June 2012
we live for 6 months in Sri Lanka - and we have to put on mosquito repellent whenever we work in the garden and in the evenings when we are sitting outside.This repellent i think is one of the best on the market - goes on easily -very little wastage -which i find with the aerosol type as more bounces off your skin than stays on you .Its not greasy and has no scent - the only problem as with all Deet products is that you must not touch any plastic straight afterwards as the Deet marks the plastic - but this is a small price to pay considering you dont get bitten .I apply it twice a day and get very few bites -and mosquitoes absolutely love me !! In fact I've just bought another 9 bottles to take over to Sri Lanka again
on 28 July 2009
Tried all sorts of midgey sprays here and always go back to using DEET. The best one is DEET 100 but its a bit strong and makes my skin a bit red so i use the 55 now. Dont spray this near your mouth or eyes as it stings like hell and tastes disgusting! Skin so soft is really popular here but although it does stop them biting you it doesnt stop them landing on you which is just as annoying in my opinion, whereas DEET keeps the little pests at distance which suits me just fine! Cant rate DEET spray highly enough and if i didnt have sensitive skin i would use the deet 100 as its 100% effective although the 55 is really good too just a little milder. You wont find a better insect spray :)
on 17 February 2010
The mozzys love me, they really do. I used this traveling in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam and found it very effective. If the mozzys love you like they love me, if you miss a bit or don't put it on all over every night, they will still bite.

I did get some bites which I think were predominately sand flies, but all in all very happy with the product.

It's a bit greasy - but all strong insect repellents are. I didn't find it any more smelly and choking than the 50% deet versions I have used before (Boots) etc.

Recommend.
on 17 January 2016
Used in the Caribbean to combat mosquitoes and biting insects, which usually render other repellents useless including Citronella. This was completely effective. No bites whatsoever once this was sprayed on.