5.0 out of 5 stars Original Batteries are Best
Published on 17 April 2012 by Dave Henniker

I've used the original NP-50 battery for a few years in my Fuji F70exr camera.
This battery also fits many other models such as the X10, X20, F550exr and others (check your manual to confirm the battery type)

Published 11 months ago by Mr Baz

3.0 out of 5 stars Long term performance is good, but it's too pricey for a small battery, 2 May 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-50 Lithium Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery For FinePix F100fd (Accessory)
I've used the original NP-50 battery for a few years in my Fuji F70exr camera.

Over that time the battery has been reliable. However I have also compared running it alongside other "good" quality branded third party makers. The conclusion overall is that there isn't a lot of difference either in long term endurance or the charge they hold.

It is true there are some cheaper no name third party batteries that do perform poorly (they hold less than they state, and wear out quicker) The problem is there are plenty of quite good, third party makers offering equivalent offerings for a siginficantly lower price, and with relatively good warranty times (2 years in some cases)

With this in mind, whilst I can recommend the battery based on it being reliable and not wearing out. It's just priced too high (at around £15 I might give it 4 stars) For the current asking price you can buy anywhere between 3-5 third party equivalents for the price of just one of the Fujifilm originals. While most users will only need one spare battery the cost factor can't be ignored.

A lot of OEM makers try hard to convince people that their batteries are worth the extra cost, but this doesn't really stack up in real world use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Batteries are Best, 17 April 2012
Having read on the Fujifilm website that the NP50A battery supplied with the F770EXR camera isn't commercially available I ordered the next best thing as a backup battery, i.e. the plain NP50 (without the A). Having had poor quality generic equivalent batteries for other cameras I played safe and ordered the genuine battery. As it turns out this battery equals or exceeds the specification of the NP50A. The minimum current ratings are: NP50A 940mAh, NP50 960mAh. This cost about half the price shown on Jessop's website.

3.0 out of 5 stars Die quickly with little or no use, 2 Sept. 2013
If you are using them on a regular basis they are fine, however if you do not use the camera for a few weeks you may find the batteries are dead. I purchased 2 of these about 16 months ago and have had this issue from the outset. I kept meaning to review, but hadn't. Hopefully newer versions may be different, but I have been caught out several times by this with just enough power to turn the camera on and then it's died with the lens fully open!

I purchased these because they were supposedly geniune Fuji. If they are, they aren't as good as the one the camera came with. I have 2 of these ordered at separate times. They look very different to the original Fuji one that came with the camera and say 'made in japan' rather than 'made in China'. All other info is pretty much similar. They are also a slightly different colour to the original, this is how I can tell them apart.

I haven't used the camera for about 6 months. The batteries were all charged at the same time and not used at all since. Both of these batteries are completely flat. The original battery still shows full and is working fine. I suspect it would probably deplete quicker than if it had a new charge, but that shows just how much different these are.

They work, the camera runs fine, but don't expect to be able to use them over long periods and always have a recently charged spare in case you get caught out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 29 May 2011
I bought a cheap lithium battery as a spare for my camera, but it always ran out after a couple of hours use - very frustrating! Decided to bite the bullet and spend a bit more and I'm glad I did. The battery lasts just as well as the one that was supplied with my camera (fuji finepix F70 exr). It also arrived very quickly after being ordered.

1.0 out of 5 stars Suspicious item from Lucmos Ltd, 25 Aug. 2013
Battery Box is Labeled as NP50 3.7V 1035mAh. Battery is labeled NP50 3.6V 1000mAh. Information is for NP60
This does not look like a genuine FujiFilm product.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of money for the Fujifilm name?, 19 Jan. 2014
I have the similar Fujifilm X20 camera which uses the same battery. Depending on what controls are switched on and how you are using the camera, battery use can be reasonably heavy, and length a battery charge lasts shorter as a result; to the extent that a spare battery is prudent. The camera uses a standard battery size and type. I decided to buy the Fujifilm own branded part. Works OK but it is expensive although of course it should last a long time so in the overall scheme of things its costs is not all that significant. However I have to admit to feeling unhappy about maybe paying a disproportionate amount of money just for the name on the cover which is why I have rated it 4 not 5. If I was buying a further battery I would choose a same specification cheaper one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fuji NP-50 Li-ion battery, 2 July 2013
I have a Fuji X20 camera.
I usually buy third-party batteries for phones and cameras, which can be variable (some excellent, some poor), but one of the really serious defects of this camera is its short battery life, so, as it takes dedicated batteries which need a dedicated charger, I decided to buy an original manufacturer's battery as back-up to be on the safe side.
It works as well as the original, which is probably all I could ask, though I suppose I'd really like something with three times the capacity!

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine battery, 23 Dec. 2012
Mr. V. Batura "Optik" (UK) - See all my reviews
Was a bit confused by the title "...for FinePix F100fd". Needed a spare battery for ma Fuji X10. Fits perfect and a built quality seems better than the one supplied with the X10 originally.
I am sure the battery compatible with other Fuji camera models.
Not that expensive as others suggest. My Canon 7D battery did cost me the best part of £50.
Very happy with the battery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware counterfeit Fujifilm batteries, 22 Nov. 2014
I ordered this product believing it to be genuine. In fact the supplied battery differs from the picture on the amazon website and from my original battery. I contacted Fujifilm who confirmed it is a counterfeit battery and that it may be dangerous. It is also obviously overpriced as copy batteries are available for a quarter of this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the best..., 12 Dec. 2012
Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
.... and you will not be disappointed. ok you can buy cheaper imitations but thats all they are copies. this is the real McCoy and I wouldn't use anything else in my Fuji X10. Its reliable and isn't expensive. Had no problems with any of the Fuji batteries and can't see the point in scrimping when you have paid so much for a first class camera.