5.0 out of 5 stars Music review
I saw Carolina Chocolate Drops on Later with Jools Holland and had to buy the album. I thoroughly enjoy it! It is a southern US three-piece using a banjo, violin and guitar and it works very well. I know of no other group making music like this at the moment. Give it a try.
Published on 20 April 2009 by Cookie Monster

3.0 out of 5 stars a mixed bag
Overall I was pleased with my purchase, but some tracks are a little heavy on the banjo for my liking - I prefer the ones with more vocal input, particularly when the femal singer is featured, as she has an amaxzingly evocative voice. The trio really gels though, and this comes through in all the tracks.
Published on 27 Oct 2009 by R. Meaney

3.0 out of 5 stars a mixed bag, 27 Oct 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Music review, 20 April 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars delightful chocolate drops, 25 Sep 2009
E. A. Sandall "sandalwood" (Pembrokeshire,Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heritage (Audio CD)
Really enjoyed this cd.Found the information contained within the sleeve notes very interesting about the origins of the songs.Very talented musicians,and particularly liked the track "Cornbread and Butterbeans".Anyone liking old style bluegrass would enjoy the cd i think.

3.0 out of 5 stars Old timey - Well worth a listen., 5 Mar 2008
Musicfan (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Heritage (Audio CD)
I became a fan of Uncle Earl after seeing them in concert and bought their CDs. This group was recommended to me and I bought the CD. It is old timey accoustic music played to a very high standard by a group of 3 who appear to enjoy what they are doing. The music has a feel of authenticity. For me, they will not replace Uncle Earl but they are deserving a place next to them in my collection. If you like Uncle Earl, you will probably enjoy this as well. Enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heritage high!, 6 Feb 2009
This review is from: Heritage (Audio CD)
HeritageFantastic echoes of the old string bands, and what a voice this girl Rhiannon has

Heritage
Heritage by Carolina Chocolate Drops (Audio CD - 2008)