Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 February 2016
Good as ever
on 1 December 2007
I always look forward to a release from Neil Young - listening to his music over the past 20 years I'm just constantly amazed at his output. This release just exceeds all my expectations - if I had to try and sum this work up in one word it would have to be GENIUS.

Buy it you will not be disappointed!
on 13 July 2015
as expected
on 29 July 2015
brilliant
on 27 May 2009
It took me a long time to realise why I don't play this album very much.
Everything sounds right on it. The intro to track 1 would be at home on After The Gold Rush or Harvest. Neil's in extremely fine voice, no problems with the lyrics, the music covers a lot of his styles. So why doesn't it do anything for me? Then the penny dropped. It's Neil by numbers.
That little bit of magic is missing. It sounds like an album made by somebody that has studied Neil's back catalogue in minute detail and come up with an extremely good imitation.
No really bad songs on it but there again not one song sounds like it's from the heart.
Re-done with feeling it would probably be one of his best albums from recent years, as it is it's just all the right noises without the magic.
on 3 January 2008
I'm a MASSIVE neil young fan and I have to say I find this album quite average!...with its wild mixture of Neil both acoustic and full on rocking, I'm afraid it just doesn't grab me as much as..say..Living with War.

I was looking forward to this release mainly because everyone harked on about the track Ordinary People...have to say it doesn't deserve the hype, its a 20 minute track that should have been just 5! (cor I'm really going to anger the hardcore fans with that!!)

If you you want REALLY good advice then invest in the archives which are being slowly drip released,the "Massey Hall" concert being one of the best live performances I've ever heard from anyone!
on 26 October 2007
The best Neil Young album for years. Can't write any more; got a plane to catch. Buy it!
on 6 January 2008
this is an album covering many of the styles of music young has covered in his career, so it could be a 'greatest collection of my musical styles', except it isn't

the magic has gone, the candle barely burns, with just a flicker of light on most of the songs

play the old stuff, the old stuff is better - there is nothing here to get your heart beating stronger, faster

not a patch on 'living with war'; if you want his magic, listen to 'massey hall 1971'
on 27 December 2012
Item recieved very quickly, helpful service, would recomend to others and use them again myself, very pleased with cd. Thank,s Bob Hearn
on 29 October 2007
This is worth buying just for 'no hidden path'. I haven't been so instantly excited by a Neil Young track since first hearing 'Like a Hurricane' in the late 70s. Although I've only listened through twice there are a good 4 or 5 great tracks on here - buy it.