5.0 out of 5 stars Fiskers portable paper trimmer
This is the best paper trimmer I have ever had. Being able to cut the card wherever I want, thanks to the blade and finger guard lifting up,Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer A4 makes life much simpler and the wire guide means my card and paper are cut exactly where I want. I would recommend this to anyone involved in papercraft.
Published on 15 April 2012 by Mrs. Brenda Molloy

3.0 out of 5 stars Portable = SMALL !!!
I did the "usual" before buying this item. Set myself a budget, trawled through the available items and read the majority of the reviews. What I didn't do was carefully read the product description, in particular, it's dimensions. More fool me.

Published on 8 Jun. 2011 by messiahontrial

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Portable = SMALL !!!, 8 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer A4 (Kitchen & Home)

I settled on this one because of the brand. I purchased a pair of Fiskars' secateurs several years ago which, whilst being fairly expensive, have proved to be of excellent quality and durability.

When the item arrived I thought that I had been sent the wrong one. I wrongly assumed that the handle for the cutting blade would be gripped by the whole hand, not by just the thumb and index finger - it is just 2 x 2cm, less than 1 inch square in "old money".

It does accommodate A4 along the long (297mm edge), but only just.

With the exception of the rubber feet, the cutting blade and the aluminium surface plate, the whole construction is of moulded plastic and does not "feel" very substantial. I'm not sure how long it would last with heavy, regular use. Although occasional (hobbyist) use would probably be fine.

It's not all bad news though.

It is an extremely well designed item. The slider, along which the cutting blade runs, is hinged, allowing easier and more precise placement of the paper or card. The 2cm square blade housing has a small indentation exactly in-line with the blade allowing for very accurate cutting. The orange "bump" (on the left of the item) is actually an extendable arm that swings out 90 degrees and has a very useful ruler (with both Imperial and metric). Nice touch.

It's (small) size and light weight does mean that it's very portable and easy to store.

It cuts single sheets of 80gsm paper very accurately and with ease, and has no problems with 200gsm card, although 2 x 200gsm feels like the maximum the small blade can accommodate (still a "clean" cut with a new blade).

It also comes with a replacement blade (another nice touch), but make sure you keep it somewhere safe because it would be very easy to lose because it's so small !

To conclude, I can recommend this item for "light" users, but would suggest a larger and more durable product for people with higher volumes. I also think that @ £[] it's a little over-priced, £12-15 would be more realistic.

I hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiskers portable paper trimmer, 15 April 2012
Mrs. Brenda Molloy (Essex, England) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the purpose, 21 July 2012
MrsD (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer A4 (Kitchen & Home)
I debated about this for a long time...which was best etc etc. Glad I got it though. I bought it for my scrapbooking as was fed up with my cutting being a bit off so I am very pleased. Also have used it for other bits & bobs...cutting laminted signs etc. The only negative is that it is already a little blunt...naturally this will happen but it happened faster than I envisaged. Still perfectly usable though.

5.0 out of 5 stars More accurate shapes, 20 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer A4 (Kitchen & Home)
This has made my cutting much more accurate especially when matting and layering. It is easy to use and small enough to store easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best there is., 28 Feb. 2013
Sakazoke "Mermaid-Lover" (Monkton UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer A4 (Kitchen & Home)
Ive had this paper trimmer for a long time now. It cuts perfectly every single time. I can pack it up and take it in my bag to crops as its small and light to carry. Ive only ever had to change the blade once. If you need a good value paper trimmer that does what it says on the pack then get this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have paper trimmer for every crafter or card maker, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer A4 (Kitchen & Home)
Love this Paper trimmer very much!
I long to have this such a long time ago. Did not meet to buy it, since there are not being sell in the Netherlands and kind to far away to pay the sending cost. Very handy, the knife are safely and cut very well. It's perfectly measure your scrapbook or making cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not so surecut as the old ones, 1 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer A4 (Kitchen & Home)
I have had 3 of the old black Fiskars trimmers and apart from the same problem each time, the cable fraying, these have been excellent and have cut just where I want them to. They have now changed them to this and it is nowhere as good as the old one, they don't cut on the line, in fact they are quite a way out and because of the cable you can't say I'll make the cut so far away because it depends on where the cable goes when you push the blade down. I find I have gone back to one of my old trimmers instead. I think Fiskars have made a big mistake doing away with the old one but perhaps I have just had a rogue in this new model, I would be interested to know if anyone has had the same problem.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't get what I ordered, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer A4 (Kitchen & Home)
Item isn't as described, it isn't the aluminium faced one it's the normal plastic faced one, really not very happy at all but it would be a waste of my time to return it given the effort that would be involved :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value paper trimmer, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer A4 (Kitchen & Home)
Being a canny crafter, I did my research into buying a new portable paper trimmer after finding I was unable to purchase new blades for my faithful XCut. This looked to be perfect despite a few negative comments on various sites. So glad I did as it has been a godsend! Particularly like the wire guide showing where the cut will be and the finger rest to hold the paper in place.
I have actually cut thick board with it but it did affect the blade by blunting it slightly so would not recommend it. At least spare blades are readily available.
For the money, this is a great trimmer and one I would thoroughly recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars its cutting is out of true and this shows up ..., 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Fiskars Portable Paper Trimmer A4 (Kitchen & Home)
its cutting is out of true and this shows up when i'm making cards. i now have to resort to marking out all my lines which is what i was doing before i purchased the fiskar.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›