5.0 out of 5 stars Biostick - Genius
I actually bought this product by mistake, I thought it was another product to help cut back on cold sores, however, it was a good mistake.

Published on 11 Feb 2010 by A. Burt

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but don't expect miracles
I've had mine for a number of years (5-6, maybe more), must have bought it not long after it was released. I bought it, as it was a slightly cheaper version of the 'real' thing. I think that other make had some kind of patent on the light wavelength, as this uses a very close but not identical one.

I've changed the batteries no more than once or twice in all...
Published on 26 May 2012 by Sharkfinger

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Biostick - Genius, 11 Feb 2010
A. Burt "A Burt" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biostick Light Therapy for Skin (Personal Care)

Anytime I feel a cold sore starting I place this on the area that is 'tingling' for about 1 - 2mins, maybe 4 or 5 times that day and the 'tingling' stops and as of yet (touch wood) it has prevented any cold sores from appearing.

One did manage to sneak up on me one Night, woke up with a lovely large cold sore on my top lip! Not Happy. Anyway, used the Biostick again 4 or 5 times a day and the cold sore was gone within 2 -3 days. Normally mine stay with me for 6 - 7 days.

This is a completely pain free system, it uses light therapy, I don't know how it works but it does and it wasn't too expensive, especially when I think about all the creams etc. I'd used before.

Hope this works as well for everyone as it does for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suffer cold sores, you need this!, 18 Nov 2009
I first read about this product on of all places a golf forum. I had written a post moaning about having a gob full of sores (again). A forum member replied and told me his wife used the Biostick and how effective it was in healing them fast. I got one. When you have suffered for as many years as most of us who get cold sores you will give anything a go.When it arrived I eagerly unpacked it and got into the first session. all you do is turn it on, place the red light against the sore and watch the clock for 2 minutes to go by. It doesn't hurt,get hot or do anything that you can detect but boy it works great. In a couple of sessions the sore had dried out fully and it was healing. It took a week to dissapear fully but that is a fantastic result in my eyes. It works by drawing white blood cells to the area in massive numbers, they then attack the sore much faster than normally helping to fight it off.If you use it when you first detect you are getting one it will not even develop
I love it and really can recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it now, it works!, 2 Sep 2012
S. W. Holdings (St Martin) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biostick Light Therapy for Skin (Personal Care)
This is the first time I had a chance to use this stick since getting the Biostick last November.
I started feeling the cold sore coming out yesterday morning and I grabbed the Biostick right away. I definitely used it more than he recommended 3 times a day for 2 minutes, but I was a bit sceptical of its working.

Today I can definitely say that it worked perfectly and stopped the cold sore from developing!!!!

If you are suffering from cold sores, stop hesitating and get the Biostick. At the current price of 27 it's worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU GET COLD SORES - YOU MUST HAVE ONE OF THESE, 15 Nov 2012
This review is from: Biostick Light Therapy for Skin (Personal Care)
I have suffered with cold sores all my life, and if you are also a sufferer you will understand how awful this can be, as soon as you feel a tingle, you know what a nightmare you have ahead. I bought my stick years ago, and never leave home without it. As soon as I feel the tingle I use the stick, 3/4 minutes, 3 to 4 times a day, and it stops the coldsore, every time, it is amazing. My daughter also uses the stick for her teenage spots. I can honestly say this is a mircacle stick, and I dont know why.

5.0 out of 5 stars i was sceptical..., 17 May 2013
this worked perfectly. before buying this stick i had had at least 6 cold sores in the last 6 months, and now i may get the odd tingle, but the use of this for 2 mins a day sorts it out straight away! definitely worth a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Biostick Light Therapy for Skin (Personal Care)
This is the only thing that stops a cold sore from developing into a blister, use for 2 minutes 3 times a day and it doesnt develop and starts shrinking, miracle, couldn't be without it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for cold sores/spots etc, 5 May 2012
This review is from: Biostick Light Therapy for Skin (Personal Care)
I was wary about buying this to be honest as I thought it must be a gimmick. However after seeing a lot of good reviews and being plagued by cold sores on the face and a threatened one coming on my bottom lip area I sent for one! I got started with it straight away when it arrived (no batteries included mins so have AA batteries ready for it arriving) thats the reason I gave it 4 stars not for its performance as I feel batteries included would have been nice - Well the threat of the cold sore on bottom lip area went away after 2 sessions with the biostick the tingling feeling stopped and the red skin faded! I had a spot appearing on my chin that I also zapped and that seems to be diminishing after 2 treatments aswell. I really think this works even though I was not expecting it to do anything much! give it a try its not that much to pay really is it and if it works for you then its total bargain! It is very portable too which is great to take in your bag with you to work etc or away on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more spots, 24 Dec 2011
This review is from: Biostick Light Therapy for Skin (Personal Care)
Excellent product, drives cold sores away, never suffer again.Can't say how impressed I am with this product, used during chemo and kept boils ulcers etc under controol, wornderful.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but don't expect miracles, 26 May 2012
This review is from: Biostick Light Therapy for Skin (Personal Care)

I've changed the batteries no more than once or twice in all the years I've had it.

I used to get about 2-3 coldsores a year. Since using it, I get 1 a year or so. I think I've gone a year or two without any at all. The don't seem to come back to the same place and not as big, so there's been a definite improvement. I haven't given it 5 stars because, well, they come back. Also, I've not been able to get rid of the coldsore creams or patches (the Boots patches are the best).

Only the product that gets rid of the coldsores permanently will get 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bio Stick, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: Biostick Light Therapy for Skin (Personal Care)
I used to get cold sores in the same places on my mouth over and over especially after being in the sun and when I was run down etc,. but when I started using Bio Stick each time I found that firstly it cleared them up quickly (they used to take 2 weeks almost to the day) but also that the periods in between outbreaks got longer and they came in different places but on a smaller scale on my lips and sometimes didn't break out at all. They do say that after a while of using this you never get cold sores in the same place. This was true in my case and touch wood I haven't had a recurrence at all in years now!!! Amazing product well worth the money (I have only replaced the batteries once). I even use it on spots and inside my mouth if I have an ulcer.
I can't praise it enough!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›