5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff
Published 12 months ago by J. Morgan

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon supplying fakes?
Received today from Amazon, compared the bottle to one I bought from John Lewis and there is an EXTREMELY noticeable difference between the 2 bottles. On the John Lewis bottle the stripes are very faint, and smooth to the touch. On the Amazon bottle the stripes are very bold and prominent and a lot whiter. The paint is also rough to the touch.

The smell of the...
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon supplying fakes?, 20 May 2014

The smell of the John Lewis bottle is very powerful and lasts the whole day. The smell of the Amazon bottle is very faint and disappears completely after about an hour.

Contacted Amazon about this and they said they would investigate. They are picking up the item tomorrow and issuing me with a full refund. I have a picture to show how different the bottles look but I am unsure at how to upload it to this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 30 Oct 2013
J. Morgan (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
I thought I'd upload a few images of the product as some people seem to be worried that it isn't genuine. I spoke to an Amazon colleague who assured me all products sold from Amazon come direct from the manufacturer, it's the third party sellers you need to worry about! this along with Issey Miyake are my favourite aftershaves, this one will last a good few months and is my girlfriend's favourite. I think it STINKS that so many high street retailers are selling fragrances in such tiny bottles; 50ml, 75ml etc. usually for about £40 a pop. Get a big one, great value, speaks for itself really.

I've never had a problem with purchases from Amazon themselves, would highly recommend their live chat feature if you have any problems or questions. Great smell, definitely one of the best. My girlfriend even said she could still smell it on me after I'd had a shower! crazy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 17 Oct 2012
I've used this stuff since it was released. Lovely stuff. Prefer the sweet and gentle to the sharp and over powering. Normally buy the 75ml so this bottle is a giant and only cost a few quid more, on special at time of purchase.
Put a little on and cheer everyone up.
Update 2/11/12. I now think there is something wrong with this product. I agree it does not seem to be the same as all the previous bottles I've had. I won't be buying smellies online again.

2.0 out of 5 stars HMMM, 20 Sep 2013
NOT EVEN SURE THIS IS THE REAL THING , IV BOUGHT IT TWICE BEFORE FROM DIFFERENT RETAILERS AND THE SCENT WAS MUCH MORE STRONGER THAN THIS LARGE BOTTLE IS , IF IM HONEST I WOULD GO AS FAR AS SAYING IT WAS DILUTED ?

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if this is real., 12 April 2012
Just a caution. i can`t say for sure either way. I bought from here after my mum bought me some and it ran out. Bought this bigger one and I noticed straight away that it doesn`t smell or `stay` as long as the smaller product I had before which came from duty-free on the boats. Did a bit of research and the lack of strength/smell is apparently a dead giveaway for a fake product. Stupidly I don`t have the can anymore, apparently it`s easy to tell, printed writing(not embossed), incorrect website label etc.
So be aware and check the product when you get it, at £45 it`s worth checking again.
I`ve also tried to be fair here as i can`t say for sure but there really is no potency to the product I received.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inferior and possibly not even genuine, 4 Nov 2014
Wish I had of read some of the reviews before buying this, when I opened the package I noticed that the bottle was a different shade to the genuine bottle I bought on the high street and when I sprayed it I couldn't detect that distinctive JPG Le Male fragrance, usually you can smell it straight away and it lingers round for a few minutes but with this I could hardly smell it at all. I'm not sure if this was fake, watered down or had spent a long time in storage and its quality just deteriorated. I will not be buying aftershave from Amazon again !! Also, I arranged to return this item with Amazon, they said that a company called City Link would call to collect it (google City Link to see just how bad they are) and as yet they have missed the scheduled collection date and when you phone them they have no information regarding the arranged collection, this has not been a very good experience so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, 22 May 2013
I an not quite sure if it is the original thing or not because i normally buy it for my hubby but this one did not seem right to me at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Feels more like spraying water on yourself than aftershave, 8 Oct 2014
Edward Ashby "Ed" (Uk) - See all my reviews
Fake!!! Smell last about an hour then fades. The original stuff I've had before stays all day, even on clothes. You'd have to wash the smell off from an original. Bottle has a screw top lid, its crimped in place on an original bottle. The pull off lock to stop it from being accidently sprayed doesn't fit the nozzle, in fact if you try to put it on, it pings the spray nozzle off. Feels well watered down to me hence being in a refillable bottle. Feels more like spraying water on yourself than aftershave. How this is allowed on amazon I'll never know. I'd expect crap for sale on e-bay from piss taking foreigners, but not amazon. SORT IT OUT AMAZON!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars not sure its genuine JPG, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Le Male Edt 75ml Spray (Misc.)
I have been wearing JPG for the last 2 years, this is the first bottle which smells nothing like the real thing.......Caution required

5.0 out of 5 stars In Your Face, 11 Nov 2009
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
From a uniquely designed bottle to an instantly recognisable scent Jean Paul Gautier has gone all out here. This is a definitely in your face fragrance as the scent is quite strong when you first appply it. If you think that you would be offended by getting glances by your own sex and smiles then do not buy this.

With mint and lavender it has a strong overtone of vanilla, and is supposed to bring out the cotradictions in men, both your hard masculine side and your more soft caring feminine side (who thinks up these sales gimmicks?). When you first put this on you will instantly recognise the vanilla, but this does die down a little throughout the day, so that it isn't so strong. Of all the fragrances I have used over the years this has to have the longest lasting scent, and must be the most recognisable.

If you are going to get a fragrance say for your dad then I would steer clear of this and possibly go for something likeArmani Eau Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml. If you are young, trendy or like something different then get this. You wil certainly turn heads, although some may be of the same sex, although everyone will compliment you on smelling so nice.

Le Male Edt 75ml Spray