5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids
Published on 6 Nov 2011 by Mrs. Gwen Nelson

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected
Published 12 months ago by Lacie

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids, 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: Winsor & Newton A3 Hard Back Wire-o Sketch Book (Office Product)
I think this is incorrectly listed under Toys and Games as it is a serious student's sketchbook. Amazon could well do with having a separate section for art and craft rather than lumping everything in either Toys and Games or Office Products. I use this for HND Contemporary Art and it stands up well to acrylic paint, drawing ink and various other media. The paper copes well with erasers and is very durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 12 Feb 2011
it works fine for pens and felt tips and other dry media, I havent tried but i doubt it will be much good for watercolours, other then that be in pencil, pen or pastel it is perfect for the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy product, 19 May 2014
Good product. My daughters (6 and 7) love to express their creativity on this sketch book. Thick paper, classy product.
I Recommend it !

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal, 15 July 2013
Ideal for GCSE Textiles course work. Good quality book and good source paper at a reasonable price. Would definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 2 Feb 2013
A great product. perfect for painting and sketching. Really helped me through my art GCSE. Would recommend to anyone. Thank you :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 21 April 2012
Its a nice heavy weight sketchbook. But not exactly what I was looking for...I was looking for a more textured book. And because the paper are tear out sometimes your worried your going to tear a sheet out by accident.

But over all good quality sketchbook whos looking for heavy weight but not textured book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A3 Sketchbook, 13 Mar 2012
= Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This product is well made and extremely good value for the price. I received my order within the time limit that was stated. I will be buying from this company again.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING SERVICE!, 31 Jan 2012
Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you for the amazing service I have received from your company reasonably priced and such a fast turn around!

Thanks again!

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, 24 July 2013
I purchased this item after reading the reviews that is was good heavy duty paper good for students, however; the paper was not think in the slightest and no where near as close to cartridge paper, it's smooth and takes pencil okay but not as good and other sketchbooks, I'm off to university and thought this product would be good seemingly as I'm taking art, I thought this product would be better as you can get paper sketchbooks like this one in the works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for me, 19 Mar 2014
It's tough to find the right paper. Surface is generally as important as weight, and is less often listed or discussed.

I actually ordered this because it was on special offer, and I always need sketchbooks.. but it's perfect.
Ring-bound, so it can be doubled over to make it less unwieldy. It has a good number of pages (50 sheets).
The paper is a good weight (like thin card), and the surface is smooth, but with a very slight tooth. I work mostly in pencil and ink, and it's a joy to use with both.
If you use pastel or charcoal it might be less ideal, but I rarely do, and short of Bristol Board I've rarely found a nicer quality paper for my type of work. I've not tried it with watercolour yet, but hopefully it'll deal as well with that.

The pages are perforated, which can be a double-edged sword, especially with a ring-bound book; the opposing side often tears unintentionally against clothing or surfaces, but these look fairly heavy duty, so hopefully that won't be the case.

I'll probably buy more sizes of these, even so. Definitely recommended for pencil and pen work.

Winsor & Newton A3 Hard Back Wire-o Sketch Book