5.0 out of 5 stars A smooth shave
Published on 4 Nov 2009 by Mr. K. J. Alexander

3.0 out of 5 stars Note of caution
Published on 26 Oct 2010 by SpeedyKnoll

3.0 out of 5 stars Note of caution, 26 Oct 2010
This review is from: Philips HQ55/40 Replacement Shaving Head For Philips Shavers (Personal Care)
No problem with the product but just a note of caution before your spend £30 on them. I have had a Phillishave shaver for many years and had never replaced the cutting heads despite the manufacturer recommendation to do so every two years. However I decided it was time to do so and took the environmental approach to replace the shaving heads rather than buy a new shaver. Mistake ! The shaver has packed up within six months and I was able to buy a similar new one for less than £40 ! OK, I can still use the new shaving heads as they are compatible so will get value for money eventually but in hindsight . . . if your razor is old then consider just buying a new one. Immediate benefit is that the rechargeable battery seems to last weeks whereas the one on the old unit needed re-charging every week.

5.0 out of 5 stars A smooth shave, 4 Nov 2009
Mr. K. J. Alexander "Archaeology Addict" (Anglesey, North Wales) - See all my reviews
On fitting the new heads to my shaver I experienced the sort of shave I had been missing lately. The heads ran more quietly and left me with a smooth face and neck. The impossible-to-remove hairs that grew on my neck (and were white and therefore less visible)were removed and I was extremely pleased. The cost had been much less than that of a new shaver. I have used Philips for many years and am pleased that by purchasing new heads this will continue.
The supplier sent me a single head at the price of three, but when the mistake was discovered every effort was made to correct the mistake. Full marks to Euroelectricals.

4.0 out of 5 stars happy shaving again, 14 Mar 2010
Didn't realise how bad my cutters where till I ordered these. (ok I've had my shaver for about 4+ years). It was becoming a real chore shaving...wouldn't cut properly without taking an age going over & over an area of my chin etc.. & then used a wet shaver to finish off what was missed....

banged these in after ordering, light & day difference! close cut again along with how much quicker it is!

The price seems a bit overpriced for what you get but given the price of wet shave blades & how often you'd have to change them, I can live with it. I would however, depending on how old/what model your shaver is, compare the price of new shavers complete with these cutters first as there does'nt seem to be much price difference with some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought these!, 31 Aug 2009
McStick (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
While they may seem expensive for all they are, (3 small blades in a tiny packet) they have breathed a new lease of life into my razor! The shaving experience is now much better and doesn't result in the hairs being tugged out, rather than cut off. Philips suggest they are replaced every 2 years; I can now see why!

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips HQ55/40 Replacement Shaving Head, 2 Oct 2009
Bumbly1uk (West Country) - See all my reviews
My razor is like new again.
Replacement shaving head delivered within the week at a very compeditive price including free delivery.Philips HQ55/40 Replacement Shaving Head

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent, 15 Dec 2010
this is avery good product except the price seems to go up and down a lotleaving it very expensive at times. I think agood price for this product would be around 15 to 18 pounds then it would be more viable to change regular as surely it cannot take so mutch to make this item. Also i am told to watch out as it is not very well described with some people geting only one blade instead of 3 for their triple head shaver. PWM robin

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but rather expensive., 25 Jun 2014
This item does its job adequately but costs a very large fraction of the original price I paid for my Philips rotary razor.

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong heads not the wons I ask four the 3 ..., 22 Sep 2014
wrong heads not the wons I ask four the 3 that I have got as a green thing on each cutter that is the won I was after you need to allow customer to sea the in side off cutters now I cant even send thos back I am now 24 99 out off pocket the heds fit well in to shaver but with out that green bit on the heds I am now stuck with them unlees you can send me the correct it wood help me thank you from mr j j rumbold

1.0 out of 5 stars The description was nebulous at best., 2 July 2014
If this had been the picture on the front, I never would have bought it. I needed the plastic head cover as well, which was also on the picture provided. The description was nebulous at best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement shaving head., 14 April 2014
After scraping my face for a few years decided to treat myself. What a difference it's so much smoother. Came in time so would recommend.