5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the extra 10 quid!
I'm a professional percussionist, currently on the King and I tour, and I had to buy a new set of ear plugs to replace the Elacins that I left at home (whoops!) I was going to go for the Elacins again, as the string they're on means I can whip the plugs in and out as necessary, but decided to try the Alpines instead based on the excellent reviews they had.

When...
Published on 21 Dec 2011 by E. Beesley

2.0 out of 5 stars Musicsafe Pro Ear plugs - disappointing
I bought a set of these to see if they were a better bet than the Etymotic Eesearch ER15 earplugs that I have been using. I'm a live sound engineer and often use earplugs as I'm packing up (my band has finished and the DJ has come on!)

They seem to work well enough and being able to adjust the different attenuation levels by fitting the different inserts is...
Published on 6 Aug 2010 by Bournemouth Pete

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My second pair of Alpines :), 27 April 2010
Mr. R. Counsell (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians - White (Electronics)
I like these a lot

Quality
Comfort
Portability - I got a tube with a keyring with the pack (no need to open my gig bag or look for them)
50% extra free lol - One extra. This applied to my previous Alpines which I lost. Now guess what? I didn't lose the spare one and now I still have two pairs even though I lost one pair and because with this pack I got the keyring tube and the case they can both be stored hygenically.

I wouldn't get anything else.

Only downside is that you really do have to speak LOUD when wearing them until you get used to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent plugs, 19 Jun 2013
Hugh Noble - See all my reviews
If you're a musician playing gigs and practicing or attend a lot of gigs these are well worth the money.

You're hearing's too valuable to risk and these plugs make the process of ear defence painless. They have variable filters which all reduce the sound pressure levels by different amounts. The plugs reduce the volume fairly evenly across the range so they give you an accurate representation of what's going on.

Wearing them is basically like turning down the volume of an event, you retain the same sound, just quieter.

Great for practices and gigs.

I only didn't go for 5 stars as they can sometimes get a bit jammed into the tube container they come with making them hard to get out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for band practices, 18 Feb 2011
I play bass in a band and stand close to the drums. I've tried these earplugs at a couple of practices so far using the white inserts and they reduce the overall sound and particularly loud cymbal and high frequency noises, but you can still hear bass, lead guitar, vocals and drums ok. Plus you don't have to remove them to talk and listen to others between songs. I'm not sure whether I'll use them at a gig yet and haven't tried the other 2 coloured inserts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Earplugs, 15 Feb 2011
As a semi-professional drummer, I find these to be the most effective earplugs I have tried. I have now persuaded other members of the band to try them.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 14 Sep 2014
I would never in a million years recommend these, you other reviewers must've bought some different ones to me.

First of all, the instructions are not clear at all, meaning I didn't have a clue what I was meant to do. When I finally worked it out for myself, I struggled to get the pins in, I put the rope on each plug and put them in my ears. I didn't notice any difference in sound level from my surroundings at all, except I could hear the plugs rattling around inside my ears when I moved. When I came to pull them out, the rope just came off the plugs and left them in my ears, very deep so I had to use tweezers several times to get them out. I would never suggest buying these to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ear plugs, 28 Sep 2009
These ear plugs are comfortable and fit well. They give good clarity when listening to music, although there is a small dropoff of the higher frequencies.
An important advantage over similar ear plugs (e.g. Elacins) is that they can be trimmed to size if you don't want so much of the 'stalk' to be visible.
They come in a useful plastic case that attaches to a key fob. It would be even more useful if the carrying case was slightly smaller, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for any musician or festival goer (maybe not for ..., 4 Aug 2014
First use was at Roadburn Doom Festival, last year I used normal plugs which by halfway through the weekend I realised were no use at all and gave up so this year I decided to go all out to see if they were worth the hype...They definitely were!

Mutes the music wouthout losing any definition of the music, comes with the 3 little pairs of inserts for soul crunching music loudness, I only opted for the white inserts rather than the silver or gold as I still wanted to get the full wrath of the festival experience but they sure did save my hearing!

Great for any musician or festival goer (maybe not for those namby pamby festivals though, they'd be overkill!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 16 Dec 2012
I bought these for listening to live music - being a tinnitus sufferer, gigs rapidly become unbearable without some kind of protection for my ears.

I decided to give them a stern test for their first use - the kind of aural pounding only Orbital can provide. The outcome was spectacular - using the gold inserts (the highest level of attenuation), Orbital's ear-splitting set was comfortable from beginning to end. In addition to to the benefit of a vastly reduced volume level, very loud live music is also much clearer and less distorted. I don't think I've enjoyed live music as much as I did using these, and now I have them I'll probably be going to a lot more live music events in the future.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessity, 1 Dec 2013
I recommend these to everyone. I use them at gigs clubs and when people ask what they are I explain how harmful these sound levels are for extended periods of time, people usually ask if I have spares!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Buy, 7 Oct 2013
B. Golding "Benny G" (England) - See all my reviews
A lot of my musician friends have these ear-plugs and so I bought them too on their recommendation.
They work very well to eradicate those horrible, painful frequencies yet you can still hear the important ones. As a pianist, I feared these ear-plugs would affect my ability to hear myself, but they work perfectly. There are three levels of protection (I tend to use the Gold filters for loud festivals and silvers for smaller gigs)

Highly recommend these. It is SO important to protect your hearing. Protect yourself, before it's too late! (I sound like a nag now...)

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›