4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money
Excellent value for money. Comfortable walking boot for my son. Wore the boot for the first time on a walk that lasted a few hours and did not get any blisters. Sizing very small. Needed a size 5 when only a size 4.
Published on 21 April 2010 by Jo

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with the poor quality
Published 17 months ago by KL

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 21 April 2010
Jo "Mum of 2" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hi-Tec Kids Altitude Lite WP Waterproof Hiking Boot (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hitec kid's walking boot, 13 Sep 2009
Mrs. T. L. Harrison "Trudy" (The Lakes) - See all my reviews
Great boots, no blisters, light although do need gaiters/waterproof pants to keep feet dry when trashing through wet bracken - we live in the Lakes! This was the cheapest price I have found and delivery was next day - Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely boots, 3 May 2010
Bought these for my son and he has really enjoyed wearing them they are great value and well made and padded. Very strong and quite heavy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with the poor quality, 5 May 2013
I bought this since it had fairly good reviews. I had read some reviews that stated the ringlets had come off but I proceeded with the purchase anyway since only a few reviews had this problem. The delivery was quick, however when it came to trying on the product for the first time, one of the ringlets on the top of the shoe came off when tying up the laces. Obviously with the ringlet missing, the shoe would not fasten and renders it useless. I sent this product back immediately since it was faulty and Amazon very quickly replaced it with a new pair. When trying on the replacement pair, the same thing had happened. I contacted Amazon again who agreed to refund this since it had the same problem.
I was very disappointed with this product since the rest of the shoe was of good quality and was comfortable to walk in. It had a good design but the the vital part required to tie the laces up to keep the shoes in place is of poor quality. I would not recommend to buy this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab boots for money, 1 July 2013
I read a few reviews and decided these seemed best value on a tight budget. Had concerns over the reviews about metal hoops coming off but went with them regardless . I receive them a week before my yorkshire three peak challenge so wore them around the house at every opportunity, even so I expected blisters however after 25 miles up three mountains my feet are marvellous a tiny blister on my lil toe ! These are great boots for the money without a doubt ! I ordered a 6 when I'm normally a 5 and this was fine with my hiking socks on (too big in normal socks but these are hiking boots!). I'm conscious of the hoops coming off but just haven't yanked them - really please ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Lite WP Perfections Hiking Boot, 7 Sep 2012
I bought these for my 8 year old daughter to do a charity walk up to the summit of Mount Snowdon. I would agree that they do look on the small side compared to her regular shoe size but they have fitted the bill brilliantly. These have been her first hiking boots and she has completed Snowdon without any signs at all of blisters, chafing etc. She can wear them all day for general use and has never complained of discomfort. In fact, I have been so impressed with them that I have already bought the next size up too! Best value boot I could find and have withstood the rigours of climbing Snowdon. Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Success at last!, 2 Nov 2010
Ms. Ruth Rothery (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Amazon deserves a medal for their patience in supplying 4 pairs of Hi-Tec Childrens Altitude boots before I found a good fit. How I wish I had acted on a previous customer review stating the necessity of a whole size bigger than normally taken. Size 3 is my normal but size 4 is a perfect fit. No uncomfortable stitching features. The top two eyes for laces would have been helpful as half-hooks. I'm all set for the Scottish winter though!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great boot - ruined by weak eyelets, 10 Jun 2013
D. C. Collett "Dee" (Essex) - See all my reviews
These are great boots but the eyeletsfor the laces are so weak they snap off. Our first pair came with one eyelet missing and were promptly replaced. On our first outing the top eyelet popped off when I was tying the lace. On our second outing the second from top eyelet popped off rendering the boot useless. Really disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Look hardwearing., 21 Mar 2013
My 8 year old daughter is size 13 1/2 in Clarks and we bought these, a size 2 after trying a similar one on in the shops. I am glad that we went larger because these were a perfect fit. She cannot wear them with thick socks but she would rather that was the case. I suggest buying a bigger size!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 13 Mar 2013
Mrs. S. Davies "bmwlya" (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
Great product which survived a 3 mile walk in the pouring rain and didn't rub my sons feet. Highly recommended