Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.74

on 10 October 2013
I bought two additional copies of this as gifts because I find Coleman Barks translations of Rumi's poetry both profound and relevant today and wanted to share them with my friends.
on 21 April 2010
The best of Sufi poetry - a must read. Rumi's poems still carry weight today and moreover, serve as a reminder that simplicity matters most.
on 8 August 2012
I have read other books of Rumi, but Dr Bark has done such a fantastic job with the translation. I was overjoyed when I received it from a good friend as a gift at the time I needed inspiration, uplifting and more. I loved account of travel of Dr Bark in Iran as well!. recommended 100%.
on 1 April 2014
A lovely collection of poetry translated to English. Well worth reading and exploring.
Bought purely out of curiosity. Glad I did.
on 7 July 2011
If you love Rumi's 12th century poetry,there are many collections available on the market.Most of them contain the well-known,oft quoted poems.This litle book publishes for the first time some of Rumi's forgotten work.It is beautiful in its simplicity.The anthology itself could be easily slipped into a bg to carry around when your soul needs soothing.
on 18 December 2013
The readers who know Rumi's poetry will find the usual beauty. Those who don't will descover an astonishing new world.
on 9 July 2013
the magical world of Rumi never ceases to amaze me, highly recommended to the wonderer of real meaning in life
on 14 October 2009
This moving selection of poetry was the perfect gift for some newly married friends of mine; they loved it. The poetry is subtle yet extremely poignant, and brings to life the metaphors Rumi used so many years ago. The words and sentiments seem just as fresh and new now as they ever were, and I am now a huge fan who will be geoing my collection of Rumi's work. In a word, beautiful.
on 18 May 2013
Rumi's poems are so beautiful and really touch the soul. There are so many translated poems in this book each as beautiful and profound as the other. Reading these poems is a wonderful way to rid ourselves from the intellect and connect with the Truth within.
on 20 August 2014
This is a book to spend time on daily, which is why my review is delayed, one or two of the poems a day suffice.
I have 3 left to read.
I think it is really up to the reader of these poems to form their own opinion, we each take different things from any experience. That they are of a spiritual nature goes without saying. I do find in them a considerable depth, the opening up of man to Grace, or by Grace, the reaching for God. If you meditate, especially pure silence meditation, you will find many verses helpfully inspire your practice.