5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't have to beat myself.
Usually when I spend money on a blu-ray it takes me a long time to decide. This is because I often find they are very expensive. If I buy one and don't like it I punish myself and savagely beat myself for days. I cause so much pain to myself.

I risked it for this, and it was worth it. I saved myself from such a beating, from my own 2 hands.

The plot...
Published on 25 May 2012 by Reviewman

2.0 out of 5 stars Low Def Disappointment
The story is great as with all the Oceans predecessors and I thoroughly recommed it.
Published on 7 Nov 2007 by D. W. Chester

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't have to beat myself., 25 May 2012
This review is from: Ocean's 13 [Blu-ray] (2007) [Region Free] (Blu-ray)

The plot was rich and great, and not poor like oceans 12.

I don't hate myself, and more importantly I can go to bed not worrying about having to inflict pain on myself :)

5.0 out of 5 stars best of the ocean films, 4 Mar 2013
this in my opinion is the best of the Ocean films, it is superb, this is one of George Clooney`s best films and the rest of the cast are brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movies, 21 Oct 2013
We bought the 3 Ocean films and had never watched them before and they are great viewing and you will enjoy quirky and funny in bits too worth a watch thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars great film, 25 Mar 2013
the series just gets better - watch it and enjoy - watch the whole series and enjoy even more - bril!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Low Def Disappointment, 7 Nov 2007
D. W. Chester (Woking, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ocean's 13 [Blu-ray] (2007) [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I wish I had just bought the standard DVD though rather than spend £22 on this so-called hi-definition movie. The video quality was comparable to standard DVD and most definitely not what I have come to think of as high definition. I have over 50 Blu-Ray and HD-DVD movies in my collection and this is by far the worst picture quality despite it being VC1 encoded. I am not trolling when I say that this appears to be standard DVD quality. To compound this there is not even a high definition sound track. We have come to expect uncompressed LPCM or other HD sound of at leat 5.1 or even 7.1 channels if we are lucky on new releases but on Oceans 13 we are given as the only option the old Dolby Digital 5.1 - yes the same sound format that we get on standard low def DVD. Where is the HD sound? Where is the HD picture? I wish I had Saved my money and bought the standard DVD of this movie. I am sure it would have been no different as a viewing experience and I would have had change from a £20 note for a nice bottle of Rioja to accompany it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable, 15 Aug 2008
Oceans 13, how would it compare to its predeccessors? And how does it stand on its own? Well, in my opinion if you haven't seen the first two you might quite enjoy this. It's slick and pretty cool with a great cast. But so were the other two. In Oceans 11 it worked brilliantly because it was fresh and the script was good. Oceans 12, for me, was an absolute disaster of a film. Totally smug and lacking the charm of the first film. So the 3rd film could only be an improvement, right? Well yes, but only just. Oceans 13 lacks any of the twists or suspense of the other two and the cool style now seems like cheap imitation. But, the smugness of the last film is gone. There's no awful "she looks like Julia Roberts" gag, which is about as insulting as a movie in-joke will ever get.
Pitt and Clooney bounce off each other much like Redford and Newman in the seventies, and Matt Damon gets a little bit more to do. The big problem is that it's incredibly difficult to keep a decent pace going when you have so many characters to accommodate.
Oceans 13 is not a disaster, but when you look at the cast, it is a bit of a waste of talent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Everything that's wrong with Hollywood in one movie, 10 July 2008
Amazon Customer "i did" (Bucks) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
The received wisdom of movie critics says that Ocean's 11 was really good, 12 sucked and 13 falls some where in between. Personally I thought 11 and 12 were both OK for typical 'throw everything at it' Hollywod productions; lots of big names, flashey camera work, stylistic editing, some stunts but nothing much I could connect with like a story, characters or some drama. But this movie.....ei ei ei, it's terrible!
For one thing, it makes very little sense. I get that there is a bunch of 'cool' white men and a couple of racial stereo types out for 'revenge' by ripping off a hotel owner, but two minutes in to the film I honestly didn't have a clue what was going on because of all the hi-tech babble involved in setting up the con. The 'good news' is that you don't have to understand this movie (writers probably didn't, the cast clearly don't) you just have to sit back and enjoy the ride. But that `s the big problem with Ocean's 13, it ain't much of a ride!
Heist movies have a simple format, you have to think that the gang have everything worked out,, you then have to think that fate gets in the way and all is lost before a final rescue by serenity or a last minute twist which reveals that 'the hand of fate' was part of the plan all along. But for any of that to work the audience has to be kept guessing, that's the ride, the "will they, won't they?" effect. As other reviewers here have said O13 is a smug film which lacks any kind of tension and what plot twists there are fall flat, one fails to make sense after the final reveal (if that's not really the police then why do the team have to hack the data of 'known criminal associates'?). It feels like a film that is just going through the motions.
But worst of all are the final few minutes. Al Pacino and George Clooney share a dull as ditch water confrontation, completely lacking in any kind of threat or sparkle.
The scipt insists that "This Town (Vegas) has changed." Maybe, but Hollywood is one town that clearly hasn't when sequels to sequels of remakes like this get multi million $ marketing budgets but scripts that lack any kind of human warmth or interest. Hopefully 'the powers that be' won't have made enough cash from this film to justify Ocean's 14.

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthy sequel..., 14 Feb 2008
I am a huge fan of Ocean's 11... in fact huge doesn't really describe it. You know how everyone has one of those films they can put on and watch until hell freezes over? Well, the first Ocean's film is mine. The second however... was fairly abysmal. Not even the theatrical Eddie Izzard could save such a poor plot (can we say crossing the reality boundaries, anyone). So, naturally I was a little sceptical about a third outing with Clooney & Co.

However, from the first five minutes when Danny & Rusty converse over the absence of Julia Roberts & Catherine Zeta-Jones, I let out an elongated sigh of relief. That was two reasons for the film to improve already. The third being the premise for the movie, or the motivation I should say. Beloved Rueben (Elliot Gould) has his health compromised after being stitched up by new Ocean's addition Al Pacino. Clooney of course doesn't take to this news very well, and decides its payback time. This idea make the film a lot more heart-felt... this time... its personal rather than the glory of a ridiculous heist.

The familiar setting of Vegas brings the magic of the first film back to life. Its a reflection of just how smooth and outrageous the characters are, and this time they have all upped their game. Clooney & Pitt's bantar is as flawless as ever, far more lucid than the forced dialogue in the second. Damon also plays a more prominant role, his character of Linus has become his very own, and has grown since the first two outings. You still get a sense of inexperience with his character, but that just sets up more witty conversation pieces. Virgil & Turk however steal a great deal of the comedy in this film. Their sub-plot of Mexican labour is genius, whilst at the same time being a vital part to the story. The other characters pull their weight to match the bigger players, Carl Reiner again making an effortless performance as the many faces of Saul.

The plot is thick & fast, just like the first movie. Blink, and all of a sudden you will miss something that will make you say later, "well how did they pull that off then?" or "Hang on, who's that?" Believe me when I say, you need to pay attention to get the full picture. Couple this with a fantastically ice cool soundtrack (God bless you David Holmes), and confident direction & cinematography from Soderbergh and hey presto... another heist film thats as smart as Yoda & cool as a polar bear ice lolly. This is the sequel we've been waiting for, in fact I've been tempted to take the front cover of the dvd, photoshop it to read Ocean's Twelve, and forget that other one they did. A great, fulfilling movie... not quite five stars because I suppose the some of the tricks involved in the heist do question belief... but then hey, its only a film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Twelve, not as good as Eleven., 22 Aug 2007
Ocean's Eleven was one of those rare breed of remakes that not only is vastly superior to the original but managed to spawn it's own franchise. Sadly, where Eleven delivered slick, accessible, fun and very very cool movie experience it's first sequel felt very much like there was a really great time being had, we just weren't invited. Twelve was overly smug and didn't have that same shine of sheer fun that so drove Eleven. The disappointing Twelve led many (myself included) to expect something similar this time round, we were wrong.
For once it seems film makers actually listened to the public and the second sequel sticks much closely to Eleven and is all the batter for it. The plot follows our usual band of con-men (minus Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta-Jones) as they attempt to bring down Las Vegas tycoon Al Pacino after he screws over and almost causes the death of their buddy and some-time financier Reuben. Bringing the series back to Vegas is a smart move, immediately re-injecting the glamor into the series.
All the cast are on top form with only Al Pacino seemingly oddly under-used in a movie whose run-time could have easily afforded to bulk up a bit for him. The characters are kept very strictly to their own gently surreal world with no suggestion of in-joking until the very end and this time it's actually funny. The dialog sparkles and the plot has enough nice twists in it to compensate for one horribly obvious one unfortunately central to the film.
The humor in this film is back on form with one particularly funny sequence in Mexico and a whole series of brilliant gags along the way.
Perhaps the only place this film fails is in comparison to Eleven, for all it's quality this film doesn't quite hit the mark of it's first predecessor. That said this is far from a bad movie and manges to keep the Ocean's franchise one of the most light-hearted and enjoyable in Hollywood. Definitely worth a watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable, 27 Oct 2009
I wasn't expecting much, but when I got this free from a packet of chocolate offer I wasn't going to turn it down. It was about what I expected - more of the same sort of thing as the first two films. However this one fails by making Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin out to be nothing more than a pair of easily duped dim wits. Surely someone who runs a multi billion pound empire would not be conned this easily? It's an ok film, but not one that is going to challenge your intelligence.

Ocean's 13 [Blu-ray] (2007) [Region Free]
Ocean's 13 [Blu-ray] (2007) [Region Free] by Steven Soderbergh (Blu-ray - 2007)