Format: DVD|Change

on 5 April 2008
If you thought you were expecting sequins, leotards and other flamboyancy then you've either stumbled into the BBC ballroom or possibly Stephen's dressing room.

This DVD is so hilarious and as the DVD blurb does state, the closest one gets to dancing in here is the name of each "dunce rooms" with them being various dancing styles and the questions rarely associated to the name itself.

However if you were eagle eyed then back during the start of March you would have noticed that The Times was running a Free DVD/PC Game promo and sadly QI's Strictly Come Duncing was one of the DVDs, whether you were lucky enough to have gained a copy or not, purchasing this DVD will not only give you a mental thrashing with General Ignorance but when competing with the very amusing Alan Davis (which can be hard at times)makes this DVD very worth while.

Now here is how the scoring works on the DVD:
Correct Answer: +1 Point
General Ignorance Answer (Common Misconceptions): -5 Points

Plus depending on the dunce-hall you choose can alter the way Stephen greets and announces the scores.

So go forth and purchase this DVD and long may QI be on our screens, and if what John Lloyd is proposing we still have 21 years to go (1 letter per year - Series 'E' having recently finished)
on 21 April 2012
I love all three QI series.

Stephen Fry is wonderful, and the chemistry between him and his intelligent (often incredibly so), funny 'contestants' is a pleasure to be enjoyed. Alan Davies is especially good as the only 'guest' on all the shows, and Mr. Fry's consistent foil. They are the centerpiece of this imaginative show.

But this 'interactive' version, while funny in spots, is a little too much trouble. It seems a bit superfluous to answer the impossible questions oneself and, more important, not as funny as when the bright, lively guests do it. The questions and answers are interesting, in themselves, but that is not enough.

Maybe I'm just lazy, but I'd rather just sit back and let those more adept than I do the humor.

I gave an extra star for the show in general, and its stars in particular.
on 28 June 2010
I love the show (and all the accompanying books) so I hate the fact that i'm giving a spin off product only three stars.
My reasons are it's user friendliness, you may well merrily call me stupid for not being able to work out how to use the game... but as other commentators did, I bought it for christmas for family and friends to play (at a considerably higher price than it is now).
Hence it was unfortunately a dissapointment, I was exhasperated trying to work out how one played... what the rules were... eventually we gave up and it's never been touched since.
I could see the effort put in to this dvd, the graphics were impressive and it felt like a quality product, I just felt the dvd had missed its user interface testing.
So not the product for me, but maybe for others!...
on 16 November 2012
I am an absolute QI nut; watch every episode, and happy to watch repeats on Dave whenever they are on, so I was expecting great things from this.
I was sadly disappointed. I'm not even sure what the point of it is. It becomes very boring, very quickly. I think this is largely because the show works mainly because of the interplay between Stephen Fry and the guests provoked by the interesting facts rather than the facts themselves. This is the element which is of course missing from this.
Avoid.
on 7 December 2012
I bought this as a gift for someone who really likes puzzles. I was pleased to make a suitable purchase for my friend but never really got any feed-back other than many thanks.
on 8 June 2009
This was definitely a good buy, and so cheap! I HATE general knowledge quizes but this is different, funny and interesting, I love it, even if I do keep losing. Worth getting.
on 29 December 2015
Bought this years ago. Even in 2015 it is a great fun game particularly if you have friends around and choose teams.

Funny and easy to use with plenty of content.
on 13 June 2013
This has its limitations. but then it is not a PC game or even a console version. Having said that it is fun to play and show just how ignorant of the facts we are.
on 17 December 2007
Well the Qi elves have done it again just in time for Christmas. A great game, beautifully presented by Stephen Fry full of typical Qi questions and with the added bonus of taking on Alan Davies head to head! Wonderful stuff.
on 21 February 2008
Well thought-out, well produced. It has a load of dofferent quizzes, and actually seeing Alan winning for a change is a nice surprise ( even if it means you are losing... :) ).