5.0 out of 5 stars My second pair ...
Published on 27 Aug 2010 by Ren

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality
Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars My second pair ..., 27 Aug 2010
Cannot recommend these highly enough. These are my second pair, the others are still as comfortable as the first day I wore them, but had been worn to death and were looking a bit tatty. Supportive, very grippy (which means they can squeek a bit on hard floors), breathable (so they have never developed old trainer smell). When they get particularly muddy I throw them in the washing machine ... my old pair must have been through a gentle wash at least ten times. When ordering get a size up as these consistently come in quite small ... I am 9 to 9 1/2 and these size 10 are perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulky Bad Bays, 2 Sep 2011
Steven Winter "steve w" (spain(ex Pat)) - See all my reviews
When i first opened the box I couldn't believe how bulky they were but after putting them on the comfort is unbelievable.
I showed them to my wife and she said "they look like large bumble bees".(due to the florescent cotton stripes) But they are well made and apart from a few pieces of cotton coming away were easily cut off they repel water and keep feet cozy and secure. The ONLY thing I have found wrong is the level of grip on a wet surface. I was power washing the car at my local garage on a concrete floor and very nearly went head over heels on more than one occasion and also whilst walking on wet floor tiles is like walking on ice hence only giving them a 4 star review.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 4 Jun 2013
I have bought several pairs of wrap slams over the years and the quality seems to be deteriorating. The first pair lasted a few years. A later pair lasted just a year. This pair lasted one week before starting to fall apart. The construction has changed over the years and it seems that this has not been for the better. If they do not fall apart they are excellent, very comfortable shoes. Unfortunately the quality issues mean that I would not recommend this design any longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable product, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Merrell Mens Chameleon Wrap Slam Lace Up Trekking and Hiking Shoes (Apparel)
I have had many merrell training shoes. They have all been hard wearing and comfortable. These are no exception. However, they are a tight fit. I am a uk 8-9 dependant upon the shoe. I ordered a uk size 9 and they are slightly tight. I expect them to stretch slightly, but my advice would be to order 1/2 a size up

2.0 out of 5 stars size all wrong, 20 Jan 2014
these used to be so comfortable but now you can,t get the write size
10,s must be a nine at most
need to order a 11 just to get a pair to fit
never been a 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 8 Jan 2014
I've worn these since I was back in Uni ... (Obviously not the same pair)
Generally buy a new set each year... They serve me walking to the shops or hiking up large rocks.

Usually the first thing to go is the heel, but even then thats near end of life.
Not waterproof but very resistant, and generally a good shoe.
Even gotten into clubs with these on! Winner :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walking shoes I've had, 7 Jan 2014
Very comfortable especially for people with high arches. These are the fourth pair I've had and still as happy with them, I would go for the next size up as they are smaller than normal sizes. Very gripy on some surfaces but slippy on others. And I would also spray with protector as they are not waterproof.

2.0 out of 5 stars Another Merrell fail, 24 Dec 2013
The left shoe is too tight and the right shoe is squeaky and yet I ordered 1 size larger as all Merrell shoes are 1 size too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chameleon Wrap Slams, 15 Dec 2013
Well all the info and reviews I read were spot on, normally wear a size 10 in trainers so as per advice ordered a size 11 and presto, fitted nicely and were really comfy from the moment I put them on.
Really happy and will definitely buy them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars good but small in size, 8 Jan 2013
Very rigid and well sewn shoes, but very small in size. I normally wear UK 10,5 and ordered uk 11 that was to small. I really like the special chamelion vibram sole.