4.0 out of 5 stars Great grub for finickity felines, 4 Nov 2011
Rowena Hoseason "Hooligween" (Kernow, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Iams Cat Food ProActive Health Adult With Wild Ocean Fish and Chicken 10 kg (Misc.)
My moggies have been eating Iams for 10yrs or more, and thrive on it. It's a complete diet in itself, so you don't need to feed them 'wet' cat food as well -- although mine do appreciate a bit of variety and the odd sachet of something juicy, too.
You don't need to feed cats very much Iams -- portion sizes are quite small -- and it's easy to over-feed, so you have to be a bit careful that you don't end up with fat cats!
Iams pellets are ideal for cats who live indoors and use litter trays; there's less to clean up and it's much less smelly/offensive.
You MUST ensure that your cats have plenty of water available, however.

It's also worth bearing in mind that some of the more specialised varieties cna get quite expensive. Always check the 'price per kilo'. Bigger bags are generally cheaper BUT my cats do get bored with eating one flavour for a long time. So you may need to get a couple of properly airtight tins so you can buy big bags at low prices, and swap between varieties to keep cats happy. And you definitely need airtight tins: the bags are resealable but the seal isn't perfect, and it seems that some of the flavour escapes over time, which again makes the food less interesting for the felines.

Another thing I have noticed is that when I've tried the cats on own-brand supermarket dried foods, after eating Iams, they have been far less keen. Sometimes it's a struggle to get the cats to eat other brands... so be aware that they may get very familiar with Iams, and then not want to eat much else!

8/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Jan 2014
Our 3 cats were very fussy eaters, one more so than others, wasted a lot of tinned wet food and pouches. Friend recommended this and noticed in a week their coats and appetites, have improved. Have recommended to friends and family. So convenient having it delivered to door.

5.0 out of 5 stars My babies LOVE IAMs! Excellent nutritional value and for health +++, 16 Dec 2013
Been buying IAMs cat food(dry) of one sort or another, for nearly 12 years, since my twins(male and female cats) were born.

They are like children to me, and their health, vitality, and physical abilities(sportiness etc) means the world to me- as I'm also a Healer, teacher of advanced subjects in Health and Wellbeing etc- and so on.

Both my babies have NEVER really taken to ANY other brand or FLAVOUR of food; and have ALWAYS enJOYed IAMs Light with Ocean Fish or IAMs Adult(orange pack).

They still bounce around like kittens and get up to some pretty cool physical movements and activities- at the age of 12! A blood scan of one of them revealed that they were destined to lvie "until at least 30" - to paraphrase the vet.

Having said that, each living organism has it's own DNA blueprint, which is different to some degree, and IAMs food working for my babies, does NOT mean it's the best for your babies!

Best you try out what works for your kids - but I would recommend IAMs any time.

Amazon's shipping to Ireland too is awesome! 5 working days and FREE delivery- which for someone with no income at present, is a God-send!

THANK YOU IAMs ()and Amazon!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats don't seem to prefer it as much, 9 Sep 2013
Anne (Falmouth, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
We have 2 cats so buying food in bulk and having it delivered it very useful and economical. However, they don't seem to like this flavour as much as they liked the chicken flavour. For that reason I probably wouldn't buy again (even though it is a tad cheaper) but that's not really a fault of the product. Delivery is always quick too, so overall, highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality cat food in bulk, 28 April 2013
IAMS is the food of choice for our cat. Mostly because it's what he ate at the shelter and they sold us the first bag of it. He's very, very soft and is very healthy and energetic, so he's certainly not lacking anything in his diet as far as I can tell.

As I don't like having to worry about whether or not there's enough cat food, I decided to just buy this 10kg bag of it and be done for the next few months (or however long it takes him to get through it). I'd certainly recommend this for people with multiple cats, as it's a serious amount of food.

Someone mentioned it getting dry in another review, but we've just been folding over the opening and pegging it closed and the inside of the bag has a sort of waxy lining which seems to keep everything from drying out too much.

It is a bit difficult for me to pour into his bowl (I have to lift this bag with both arms and tip it over) but apart from that, it's awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Iams cat food, 28 Jan 2013
great value, and cats love Iams dry food - it has a fantastic effect on their coats, makes them so shiny and soft that i'm thinking of eating it myself!!! best dry catfood available, in my (and my cats) opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats love this., 26 April 2014
Mr. R. Davis "richd54" (Isle of Man UK) - See all my reviews
All my cats like this, some won't eat anything else (including meat). I keep re-ordering as I haven't found anything better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 July 2014
Seems to have improved cats skin allergy