Colour: Clear|Size: 50|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 December 2013
I'm afraid that I do not like the light from the new LED strings.

There is something about the warm light from the old fashioned bulbs that is so much more 'Christmasy'. I know they use more power and the bulbs don't last as long but I still prefer them.

This is a 'proper' string of 50 clear incandescent lamps. I have been running this one now continuously for 3 days and all the bulbs are still working. They are bright but not overly so and barely warm to the touch (so no risk of a fire).

What I also like is that the string is a 'straight line' configuration which makes putting them on (and taking them off) the tree much simpler. At the same time, the wire is not too heavy which can be the case with some straight line strings.

If I had to find a fault, it would be that the spare bulbs cost around £4 for a pack of 5. I haven't needed any yet but I'm sure I will eventually. My solution to this was to buy another string to use as spares. At £9 that gives me 52 spare bulbs (you get two spare with each new string) which may even last longer than I do.

I'm guessing that soon all the Christmas lights will be LEDs so if, like me, you prefer the warm light of the incandescent bulbs then I recommend you buy a couple of these now while they are still available.

UPDATE - Jan 2014. Christmas is now over and the lights had been running continuously for the best part of a month (no we don't turn them off at night and yes I know we should). Not one bulb had blown and they were all still barely warm to the touch.

UPDATE - Jan 2015. One bulb has finally failed and I had to replace it using one of the two spares originally supplied with the string. At this rate, this string is going to last a long time. I have also bought a pack of 5 spare bulbs (search for part number KONSTSMIDE 2650-050) for £2.50 because I like this string so much.
on 1 January 2015
I bought 3 sets for a very dense 9 ft tree - tree is beautifully lit with a lovely warm glow that traditional lights give. Was impressed with the sturdy packaging and hopeful that the lights would last the season - so far so good, have been on the go for almost 4 weeks and no problems ( touch wood ! ) so much better than other slightly cheaper lights I have tried. Might get another set on stand-by for next year. Great product.
on 12 January 2013
Brilliant! Exactly what it says and came packaged very good! Every bulb was working and I shall keep these lights until next christmas :)
on 12 August 2014
I was looking for something to spruce up my bulletin board by my desk at uni. These lights are tightly wound, preventing any wires from fraying after being hung up. The lights arrived in perfect condition, with extra bulbs as advertised. They are bright enough to light up the room in the evening but not too harsh on the eyes.
on 27 December 2012
I have never purchased this type of light before and it seems perfectly satisfactory for the job. I'm not sure how to replace bulbs but it does not seem too difficult.
on 25 February 2015
They're not particularly bright and it took a lot more than 100 to cover the tree, but they work as they should and they seem to be ok in terms of quality.
on 13 February 2015
put old bulbs on the tree and 4 days later they stopped working so got these great quality and easy to put up on the tree
on 21 November 2014
These look great and all worked when we plugged them in. They haven't gone up yet though...
on 19 June 2016
I use these lights in my fireplace mixed in with fake coal. They look superb but they must not be the new bright type.
on 12 February 2016
Nice quality light from old style tungsten lamps - these particular lamps are relatively low wattage