5.0 out of 5 stars John does it again
Published on 6 Oct 2007 by R. W. Pleijsant

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a let down!
Published on 9 Nov 2007 by john o'keeffe

5.0 out of 5 stars John does it again, 6 Oct 2007
I was lucky enough to receive a signed copy of this CD through John's own web shop. I have listened to this mix a few times last week and I think it's the best in the series. Vol. 2 especially received some harsh reviews and was called boring more than once. I can just say this 'give it some time'. As the other ones before it, this mix grows on you after a few runs. Of course there are some tracks I favour more then others. However, as with most of John's other work, it's the journey through the mix as a whole that matters, not individual tracks. If you liked the first two instalments, Vol. 3 is a sure thing. Well done John!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality control continues., 23 Nov 2007
This review is from: Transitions Vol.3 (Audio CD)
This has some stunning tracks on it, though they are so consistant and subtley blended that some people might find it a bit low on contrast. A friend of mine described Transitions 2 as "John Digweed does a mix with 10 records that all sound the same". If you happen to like those 10 tracks then it's happy days. Transitions 3 packs them in tighter, with 20 tracks. It says in the notes that it was mixed on Ableton Live and that the tracks have been edited. So I guess he split the tracks up into samples and reordered and blended them to make the mix. Rather like the Richie Hawtin reedit album. It works very well, it really does flow as a single entity. It really gets going at about track 8/20. I did notice a few stray beats at the start of that track, a first for a Digweed mix.

I very slightly prefer Transitions 2 over this though.

5.0 out of 5 stars all 3 are ace, 19 Feb 2008
. "eddean7" (China (but from UK)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transitions Vol.3 (Audio CD)
I have all 3 and keep coming back to them all - I can't even really distinguish between them - they all have their moments, and the sections between those moments are great too

4.0 out of 5 stars Digweed Is Growing On Me!, 25 Nov 2007
Lee Vest "Vesty" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
I have never really been into Digweeds Mixes although i have all three of his Global Underground cd's - i have always benn a Sasha Fan and always thought Diggers was boring! But i decided to give this a go and all i can say is that im very pleased i did as i think its an excellent mix that moves along at a really good pace - it may be my ears maturing but anyone that says is boring should perhaps return it and purchase Clubland 467 or whatever number its up to now!!! This mix is anything but boring!!!! Buy it you wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aphex of TRANSITIONS series, 21 Nov 2007
Marcelo Pinto "GMx" (Belo Horizonte, Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transitions Vol.3 (Audio CD)
Pure candy for the ears -- I've been carefully following the Transitions series since the first one came out. Although the previous ones are equally as good as this, he chose to add a trance spice to the flavour, which made it especially enjoyable;

5.0 out of 5 stars Transitions 3- Loved it the 1st Listen!!, 18 Oct 2007
Nathaniel Udel (Ft. Collins, CO USA) - See all my reviews
For 'Transitions 1 & 2, it took me two or three tries to get into it and I ended up liking it. This took only one listen. Since listening to some of the songs at podcast at Digweed's Myspace site, I got an autographed copy. The difference with this is that I liked it on the 1st trying with intensive beats and baselines of energy. Almost reminds you of Sasha's San Francisco Global Underground release. I can think of this disc as a hard drive for energy!! Once you here it, it is too late! Your in a black hole of another Transitions release. Once listening to this, you will finish what you started!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ALBUM OF THE YEAR?, 5 Oct 2007
B. Roberts "blu_c" (Durban, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transitions Vol.3 (Audio CD)
With his 3rd installment in the series, Sir JD picks up the tempo of the Transitions storyboard and presents what seriously should be considered as Album of the year...every single track is so brilliantly chosen and represents EXACTLY where the future of music is headed. If I could give more than 5*****'s I would've!!! Get this collector's album NOW!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a let down!, 9 Nov 2007
After listening to Mr Digweeds Transitions Vol 1 & 2, I was very much looking forward to his Vol 3. But to be very honest after a listen once or twice it was a bit of a let down I'm afraid... Now we all know that John is a fantastic DJ & that he is capable of producing world class mixes but he just tried a little bit to hard to be different on this occasion with tracks that just lacked sparkle & flare. In fact I think there was only three tracks in the compilation that was good,& if I was to compare to the likes of Hernan Cattaneo's awsome Sequential Vol 2 I would have to say it was dull. I'm sorry John but on this occasion it's a no! no!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant set - best of the transitions so far, 22 Oct 2007
This review is from: Transitions Vol.3 (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic 2 disk prog house set, which I loved from the moment it began - the track selection is inspired, and the mixing flawless. I've loved all the transitions disks so far, but this is the absolute best ! Fabulous. Previously Diggers on his own (apart from Sasha natch) did not move me too much. But with these transition sets, he seems to have reinvented himself and is fast becomming a top favourite. Next one please !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A GIANT IN HIS ART JOB!, 12 Jan 2008
This review is from: Transitions Vol.3 (Audio CD)
When I met JOHN DIGWEED and saw him performing alive what I appreciated about himself was of how a real dj must be!In all my career as a radio and tv producer and host as well as musical journalist, I've interviewed to so many artists that minimal minded still can't believe and between them, they are: PAUL OAKENFOLD,SASHA,PAUL VAN DYK,DEEP DISH,ARMIN VAN BUUREN,TIESTO,FATBOY SLIM,CHRISTOPHER LAWRENCE,CATTANEO,NICK WARREN,RICHIE HAWTIN,DAVE SEAMAN,ANTHONY PAPPA..and what I've appreciated being so close to them all(included incredible and extra giant: CARL COX), is that special aura and magnetism thay they do have surrounding them.Some people name it as charisma.To me it goes beyond.What JOHN DIGWEED proyects to his audience it's his art job with a class!This epic identified flying object has his endless mark in capital letters. He has evolutionated as we all and as time goes by despite vintage era!So buy this sonic gem without any doubt. All of the djs named above must also be a lesson to learn for all those amateurs djs that are maybe dreaming to be someday as they are. I personally think that if you see yourself without that type of charisma it's better for you to chose any other job.

HELENE RAMOS GALAGARZA
peruvian radio and tv producer,innovator,cyber dj,
promoter,writer,author,creative,designer,editor.

Transitions Vol.3
Transitions Vol.3 by John Digweed (Audio CD - 2007)
Click for more info