4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for this price

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but just a little too short
Published on 3 May 2011 by CharlieDitchfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but just a little too short, 3 May 2011
This review is from: Gold's Gym Speed Rope (Sports)
As you would expect from a reputable brand like Gold's Gym, the quality of the product is pretty good - there are no signs that the rope will wear through particularly quickly - however, it is shorter than others I have used and at 6' tall it is not really long enough for me. Given that it is easy enough to make a rope shorter, but impossible to make it longer, this strikes me as pretty poor ... and certainly frustrating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Short, 21 Dec. 2010
L. O'Toole - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold's Gym Speed Rope (Sports)
Just a word of warning. This rope is quite short. I am fairly experienced with a jump rope having used one for years through boxing, tae kwon do and I even use it to warm up for football and the gym. This rope is too short for me. I am 6' 2" and although I can jump with this rope it is not a comfortable size for a decent work out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for this price, 12 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Gold's Gym Speed Rope (Sports)
The quality of this jump rope is medium. I am used to one of those that have a small LCD displays and was actually surprised to see how light this one is. Considering the price, it is probably one of the best options. The only problem I had so far is that I find the rope a little too short, since I'm used to a bigger rope. However most people would argue that for my height (6'10") this one is the best.

BOTTOMLINE: If you don't want to spend a lot of money and don't care wether your rope has extras like cal tracker, this one is definitely for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars It snapped within 4 days, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Gold's Gym Speed Rope (Sports)
When it first arrived it was good, then where the rope met the handle it started to wear a little thin then 3 days later it snapped and I was angry. I would not buy this product, invest in something more exspensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not tough enough, 23 Nov. 2010
Murray Bryant "mabwest" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold's Gym Speed Rope (Sports)
Good basic rope but after about 2 months skipping maybe on average 3x a week 1 end broke and later that day so did the other.
This rope is not robust enough for hard skipping ie. interval trg. Off to look for something tougher.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for serious skipper, 7 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Gold's Gym Speed Rope (Sports)
This rope is fine if you exercise occasionally.

I skipped every day and one handler was broken after two weeks .

1.0 out of 5 stars Too short, 30 April 2012
K. Shanahan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold's Gym Speed Rope (Sports)
I am 5'10 and this rope was frustrating to skip with - will be buying another, longer one in future

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if it's my technique, or if the rope is too short?!, 5 July 2011
P (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold's Gym Speed Rope (Sports)
It's well made and it doesn't get tangled and it feels nice to hold AND it's not too heavy. BUT...either my technique sucks (on longer ropes my technique works fine) or this rope is a little too short. It keeps catching my feet and it's rare that I can get a good rhythm going with it without having to stop and start again because the rope snagged on my feet. I find myself having to lower my arms a little and experimenting with shoulder width etc.

I may get better; so I can't justify completely that this is a fault with the product; but it just seems strange that I have no problems with a slightly longer rope.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alright..., 15 July 2011
This review is from: Gold's Gym Speed Rope (Sports)
Pretty much just plastic 'rope' and a little too long for me (I'm 5'5) but they do what they say on the tin, so I'd recommend them anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 6 Dec. 2011
fitnessmad (Lytham St Annes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold's Gym Speed Rope (Sports)
Ok so its not the best quality speed rope you can buy but in terms of value for money id say its a must for your gym bag.

Kickboxing is my hobby and skipping is a major part of the training so i needed a good rope to get me through the hard training. Its fast and robust and the handles feel comfortable to hold for long durations.

In terms of how fast it wears out i had mine for 9 months before one end snapped. Thats using it for around 4-5 hours per week over the 9 months so for the money and the useage you get id say its great. Even though it snapped i just put a knot in it and am still using it with no problems.

Iv had ropes in the past three times dearer than this one and they haven't even lasted a month.

So if speed skipping is your thing you cant go wrong with this product.

For boxers and schoolgirls around the world the trusty skipping is a great way to get and stay in shape.

Great product and well deserved 5 stars.

Gold's Gym Speed Rope