5.0 out of 5 stars Easier than expected
I was looking for a TV amp for my loft that could send our terrestrial TV and Sky to 5 other rooms in the house.

Published on 21 May 2009 by Kuldeep Aujla

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty
The unit stopped working after a couple of weeks and as it was not very expensive did'nt bother to send it back.
Published 19 months ago by Robert Savage

5.0 out of 5 stars Easier than expected, 21 May 2009
Kuldeep Aujla "Sunny" (Harpenden, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: slx 8 Way Signal Distribution Amplifier with Digital Bypass (Electronics)

This fit the bill perfectly. I have the terrestrial signal going from the roof aerial to the Sky box, and then the output from the RF2 port on the Sky box into the SLx in the loft. I then have 5 outputs to around the house. Only one output has a TV connected at the moment, but i can control Sky with a Magic Eye/TV Link with no issues, and the signal is perfect.

The packaging comes with wiring intructions.

So far, i'm very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars First class product, 4 Feb. 2009
J. Higgins (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I've used more expensive makes than this to distribute aerial signals around houses but decided to try this one out. I have to say that is works fantastically well and does exactly what it says. I have since bought 2 others from the SLx range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greate Product, 17 Jun. 2009
Used this to reduce two loft arials to one. This product was easy to install and now provides signal for 6 TVs off one loft arial, all TVs work fine including receiving freeview. All in all very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plugged in and it worked fine but check power outlet available., 24 Oct. 2011
I bought this to replace a faulty loft distribution box - anyone doing the same should take care that this is the replacement they really want. Why? because this device uses a standard power outlet to plug into - which was fine for me as I had power up available there but the device it replaced derived its power from a "feeder" supply in another room. So for me it was great but do bear in mind you do need access to a power point. The device itself is nice, I like the fact that there is no separate transformer with a weak attached cable because - let's face it - who knows what goes in the loft right? So a larger and fixed power cord is spot on for this. I am happy to say I replaced my faulty device and everything came back into life in an instant. I have not used or tested anything other than the simple TV digital signal. Also of note is the box is wall mountable (two screw holes) and the packaging comes with a fitting template - something missing in many wall mountable things these days - not essential but makes things a lot easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great RF distribution, 30 Nov. 2008
This SLx amplifier/distributor works great. I've got a RF feed into it from a Sky box which then distributes to the other TVs in the house. Picture quality is great and Sky Eye remote controls work too. Remember to turn off Voltage Out on RF2 on your sky box, its not needed.

This unit does need a mains supply to work - no adapter, plugs straight in to mains socket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Great Price, 1 Nov. 2010
Superb bit of kit. I wanted to distribute tv signals around my new home from the loft.
From the terrestrial digital aerial mounted in the loft to the sky box then into this distributer. I have sky and a excellent freeview signal on every tv now. excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy installation, 17 Aug. 2010
I used to get blurred horizontal lines on the sky link through other televisions (except the main tv) in the house & the freeview channels would crack up, that's if the TV would receive the channel in the first place. I ordered the SLX8 Saturday, just arrived today (Tuesday). It took 2 minutes to install (very easy) the re-tune the TV's that wouldn't receive all the afore mentioned. Absolutely brillient! I can't fault this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars A step up...., 28 July 2011
G. Harrison (England) - See all my reviews
I've just moved into a new house and the digital reception was terrible, after searching the loft I found that the previous owners had a rubbish little booster connected up. So I thought I would give this a try after reading the reviews and it has seriously boosted my digital connection

5.0 out of 5 stars all you want in one, 13 Aug. 2010
have used this make befor on a small set up. but this time i ran coax cable to every room in the house and fitted new tv ponts to every room the picture quality is very good on every tv and it is only running off a 10 element tv areal was going to fit a 48 eliment digi tv areal. sky tv can olso be watched in every room and with the magic eye you can change stations on the sky box old sky box installed in the loft so have freeview and sat freeviw to all tv in the house
very pleased with the SLx 8 way Distribution amplifier with digital bypass

5.0 out of 5 stars SKY in all rooms (where TVs exist), 3 Jun. 2010
John S. Herve (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Very good product which supports SKY+ TV link, (SKY TV in all rooms where TVs exist, ideal for the forthcoming world cup) with easy to follow instructions and reasonably priced.