on 18 February 2009
I bought this lamp for my nephews who hate the lights to be turned off at night. With this lamp, they turn off the lights but are allowed to keep this on until their parents go to bed. They absolutely love it. It gives of a warm glow and it's mesmorising - helping to induce sleep. They have definitely been more keen to get to bed these days. What a great buy and it arrives really quickly. Very impressed.
on 9 November 2011
Great accessory for the home. Works really well and gets lots of comments about the balanced shaped design of the lamp. Colors are calming along with the rhythm of the wax floating up and then down. Quite mesmerizing when it is fully heated up and flowing. The first time I put it on it took a while to get going but now it is much faster. Excellent packaging and as I was taking it to another destination this was important. Very happy with the purchase and a good talking point - something from the 70's and it's fun.
on 26 July 2012
Lovely design, and the service was incredible, but in terms of a lava lamp, totally fails to deliver. The liquid is cloudy and the wax just collects in a blob at the bottom as it doesn't get hot enough to float - and can't put a higher wattage bulb in it as it specifically says not to.
on 17 April 2013
Hardly worked at all. even when i gave it like a day to warm up and get going, it was just awful and didn't move at all
on 18 November 2011
I bought this Lava lamp for a friend's birthday. She was delighted with it. Although it arrived a day later than expected, it was well packaged in a sturdy colourful tube box with extra wrap inside another box. It also was the traditional style which made it extra nice as my friend and I are of an age to remember them first time around !!
on 2 January 2012
bought this as a present and it arrived very quickly and well packed well worth the money i was very pleased with this lamp
on 30 December 2011
A well made and lovely lamp. Came in sturdy packaging, no chance of it getting broken in transit! Relaxing and fascinating to watch. My only problem would be the time it takes to heat up and get going. I bought this for my sons bedroom but as he doesn't spend long periods of time in his room it seems wasteful to switch it on and leave it on for hours to get going. Great product - if your not the energy saving type!
on 14 July 2012
Well what a disappointment. I decided to buy a lava lamp for my mums 90th birthday - she doesn't see too well but I thought she could gaze at the gentle flow of a lava lamp; except for the fact that the wax never quite gets hot enough for 'lift off'. All we get is a glob of wax that sort of shifts around a bit at the bottom of the lamp. Rubbish. Avoid.
on 24 March 2015
We bought this for our daughter's birthday. It only worked for one month. Then the lava sat domed at the bottom of the lamp and never moved again. Since we were just outside the 30 day return period, we hunted around online for tips to get it moving again. We followed various tips, but nothing worked. We are all really disappointed. I hope the seller will get in touch.
on 24 August 2015
Do not waste your money on this lamp! The bulb arrived broken, so had to buy a new bulb before I started then the wax doesn't get hot enough to work it just stays at the bottom of the lamp, a very disappointed little boy I have.

See one answered question