on 22 March 2012
As with all stellar products excellent quality. The unit fits on three different size of pans and uses the large lid. The bonus is the two smaller lids fit inside for storage.
All I can say is, it does what it says on the box - a good choice to supplement the 7000 series.
on 8 March 2014
If you own a 7000 set that has strainer lids, then you'll need to buy an additional lid for this steamer, as the handles are located in such a way that the inside rivets stop the lid from sitting down properly, and so the lid sits crooked and steam escapes. How Stellar missed this when designing the thing is a mystery.
The steamer itself seems well-made, and the fact that you can use it with any of the three saucepans is pretty handy. just not pleased I had to go and buy a lid.
***
The Judge Vista 20cm glass lid is good quality and works well, and I'm guessing is quite a bit cheaper than buying a non-strainer lid direct from Stellar.
on 30 January 2012
This is essential component to a Stellar 7000 pan set. It protects your investment from surface damage compared to standard off the shelf leaf steamers. It has the same great polished exterior finish (machined interior) as other Stellar 7000 products and fits like a glove in my three pans with the lid from the 20cm pan in place to keep control.
on 14 August 2013
If you already know Stellar cookware you shouldn't have to think twice about buying this steamer insert. Good quality stainless steel makes it feel weighty but it's sturdy with strong, well attached handles. Having now used it with my existing Stellar pans, I find that I could probably do with an additional 20cm lid. Stellar 1000 lids are available on their own and would probably be perfectly suitable.
on 8 June 2013
Faultless! Treat yourself. Like all Stella products superbly crafted and well thought out. Perfect compliment to Stella 7000
pan set.
on 24 May 2015
It is now 2 years since I purchased the draining pan set and steamer insert. As previously stated the lid from the draining pan is not a good fit. Also due to the draining lips steam escapes and therefor it probably does not steam as well as with the non draining pans. That said this range is excellent quality and is wearing very well after frequent use. Well worth five stars but be aware of the difficulties with draining pans.
on 30 November 2013
It seems to fit most pans, is made of strong stainless steel (not some of these lightweight versions) I am pleased with it.
on 13 July 2014
delighted with my purchase prompt arrival well packaged product first class for my induction cooker thank you
on 8 December 2015
The steamer to match my new pan set. I've used this many times and I'm really pleased with the size
on 25 July 2014