4.0 out of 5 stars A newer model of the basic Casio watch
This, I believe, is the most basic model of the newer developments. I wonder if it was intended to be the new F-91W, it's slightly bigger nevertheless.

Published on 2 Aug. 2009 by Tamas

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent
Got one the other day. Here's what I think about it:

Pros:

- Ligthweigh: its amazingly light, you hardly feel you have it on;

Published on 20 Jan. 2013 by japc

4.0 out of 5 stars A newer model of the basic Casio watch, 2 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Casio W-800H-1AVES Men's Resin Digital Watch (Watch)

Has a big and informative display, 10 year battery life, and slightly revised and enhanced functionality. One notable feature is when adjusting the seconds, it jumps to the beginning of either the next minute or the same minute depending on which one is closer, so it's really convenient to adjust. There is also dual time, a slight delay on the back-light before it goes off, snooze (optional) alarm, the fact that it still shows the time in the corner when not on the main screen, and 100M water resistance.

I am really happy with it overall. The reason for the 4 stars is that the screws at the back catch the hair of my arm. I solved this problem by putting a drop of glue on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch at a great price, 5 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Casio W-800H-1AVES Men's Resin Digital Watch (Watch)
I use mine when I don't have my phone with me, such as when I'm running or swimming. Before buying it, I came across 3 main criticisms in the other reviews, I now don't agree with any of them. They related to the appearance of the watch, it's accuracy and the strap. The appearance is determined by the function, it's probably the most unpretentious watch you could buy. It's a little bigger than some of the older Casios but easier to read because of it. It's personal preference but, personally, I appreciate it's simple, honest, functional appearance. As regards accuracy, Casio rate it at ±30 seconds a month. After one month I checked mine against the radio-controlled clock I had originally set the watch by and there was only a 1 second time difference. This may vary from watch to watch but mine is very accurate. Others had complained that the strap split, in one case, after 2 years! Is that a fair complaint at this price? I don't think so. I've not had mine long enough to encounter that particular problem but the strap is probably the weakest part. This watch gives you so much for your money though, I couldn't complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply an awesome piece of user friendly design..., 19 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Casio W-800H-1AVES Men's Resin Digital Watch (Watch)
Remember those really basic Casio digitals from way back? Well they're now officially 'cool' and 'retro'. They're fantastic - I love them - but things have moved on technologically, so now we have the 800H. In many ways this is the successor to the king of the 'old skool' Casios, the F91, but it's totally modernised and as such is actually way better. One of the newer watches in the standard collection range; this has an up to date, high contrast display like the highly popular W96H (see rave reviews for this on Amazon) and is so similar they actually share the same manual. It's also got the new low power chip too so a battery is worth an expected 10 years but just happens to be placed in a tough resin frame and is properly waterproof (100m - which really means you can drop it to the bottom of a pond and it'll be alright but it's not up for a scuba dive). It's cheap as chips (never pay over £20 for one!) and - wait for it - it isn't ugly!

If you want something thoroughly unpretentious, easy to read, tough as old boots, not overly bulky, as waterproof as you can get without have to look like its made of lego (you really don't need a G Shock unless you are a deep sea diver or 15 years old do you) and with no ridiculous and unnecessary functions, then this is for you. I have two, just in case one gets trashed in a cement mixer and I find that 10 years later, some middle management buffoon at Casio has discontinued probably the most effective piece of user design they've ever put into production.

Don't like resin straps? This is a soft and comfortable one that doesn't cut into your skin so give it a go.

Oh and if you want something to make a statement then all this will say is that you really don't feel the need to...

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 20 Jan. 2013
japc (Ericeira, Portugal) - See all my reviews
Got one the other day. Here's what I think about it:

Pros:

- Ligthweigh: its amazingly light, you hardly feel you have it on;

- Tough: it may seem a bit plastic, and its large height may get you to feel that it's a knock magnet but it took all the blows unscathed (until now that is, but the feeling I get is that it's harder than it looks and feels);

- Nice display: the digits are large and you have the date, day and all other relevant info on a single glance;

- Strap: may or may not break quickly, but given that the replacements are cheap and that being resin you can wash it with little effort to remove sea salt, chlorine, whatever, it's really a plus;

- Dual time: pretty neat feature if you go on vacation or work trips often and want to keep both the local and the home times handy, or if you want to keep the local and UTC times;

- WR 100m: not yet tested but I can see myself using it on the sea or swimming pool when the summer comes.

Cons:

- Ligth: i don't know what they call "illuminator", the led illuminates alright but I was expecting a stronger and more even light given the "Illuminator" proudly carved on the case;

- Precision: it gets ahead 1 second each one or two days, it's within the precision that they advertise but I was used to my Swatch that stayed synced to the second for months (same usage pattern as this). Guess the "like a swiss watch" expression is not worthless. Maybe it gets better with time;

- View angle: if the watch turns a bit around in the wrist and you find yourself looking at it from a smaller angle then it gets really hard to see the time. So, looking at 90 degrees with the watch face is ok, as you go bellow 30 degrees you can hardly distinguish anything on the display. Maybe it's me that am used to analog watches and this is a problem with all digital LCDs;

- Lack of a countdown timer: I bought it knowing it didn't have a countdown timer but find it lacking plenty of times (when cooking, when making tea, when training, etc.). It would have been more useful than the alarm, at least for me. Yes, this is thing I most rant about the watch;

- Alarm is not too loud: I'm an heavy sleeper and wouldn't wake up even if I glued the watch to one ear. The snooze is ok but doesn't make for it.

Conclusion:

Not the worse clock for its price range (payed 15 pounds) but I would rather go for the AE-1000W/AE-1100W or the LWS200H (pretty much the same price on Amazon.com and forget that it says women's, it's pretty non-feminine as far as a watch goes) or a Timex if I was to buy any right now.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Simple but Fuctional Watch, 26 Sept. 2009
E. Chhung (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio W-800H-1AVES Men's Resin Digital Watch (Watch)
It shows the day , date ,and time (of course) on the main display. It also includes an alarm (with a snooze feature), dual time function, light and it can also be easily set from 12hr to 24hr.Having owned this watch for roughly two years now I can honestly say its good for everyday tasks.

I go running three times a week, and I attend the gym once or twice a week, and it helps me keep track of time and the stopwatch is useful when doing exercises. Since i do quite a bit of sport, the watch has been washed many times but no water has gotten in that I can see and it still works perfectly.

I have a few small complaints as well though:

1.The screen can get scratched easily although, they are hard to see but it is worth mentioning still.

2.The alarm isn't that loud but should get ur attention when ur walking around unless it is very busy where you are.

3. Lastly it isn't the most beautiful watch to look at and I would never wear it on a night out or anything very formal. The buttons are made to be a bit too convienient which makes it look even worse, but for everyday life where functionality is more important than fashion , its great. If you are slightly fashion conscious you should buy something more expensive and consider analog watches.

Overall still a great watch though and It does keep time very accurately.So i do recommend :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value form and function!, 25 July 2011
This review is from: Casio W-800H-1AVES Men's Resin Digital Watch (Watch)
Nothing is perfect, but this watch is almost just that very thing for the price. It looks great, you will be surprised when you see it. It has a large strap and will fit just about anyone's wrist and has a display that your next door neighbour could read from his bedroom window. 10 year battery, incredible light function, I can't believe they sell it so cheaply. This watch is a practical, fashionable, stylish and sensible. I don't think many people will be dissappinted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome modernised watch with a retro look, 28 July 2011
This review is from: Casio W-800H-1AVES Men's Resin Digital Watch (Watch)
Great watch. Time is hard to read at a downward angle greater than 45 degrees but for the price and the look then it is exceptional and this shouldn't put you off at all, I'm just being honest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio W-800H-1AVES Men's watch, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Casio W-800H-1AVES Men's Resin Digital Watch (Watch)
I have hardly had this new watch long enough to say much about it. But this was a direct replacement for one of exactly the same model which I'd had for 3 years or so and, on the assumption that it will do the same job, I do think I can comment. I've found this model very serviceable. Its water resistance is excellent. I don't hesitate to swim with it on. Accuracy is far better than the makers claim of 30 seconds a month. My previous one might have gained or lost a second or two over 3 months, if that. The information display of day, date and month in addition to the obvious one of time is very useful, I find. The stopwatch works perfectly too. The alarm is loud enough for me, easy to set and completely reliable. Resin watch straps like this can have a fairly short life, I know from experience, but the one on this one's predecessor was undamaged after 3 years. Digital watches are not exactly things of beauty but I'm perfectly happy with the appearance of this one and prefer its styling to most others. For its modest price, I've had excellent service from this watch and can thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic!, 19 Jun. 2011
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Casio W-800H-1AVES Men's Resin Digital Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch for my 13 year old lad for everyday wear. The watch is brilliant in his opinion and mine. Lovely to look at, very clear and easily readable face. It has a backlight,time,date,stopwatch and alarm functions and is waterproof. The thing about this watch is that it is a timeless classic! A very well built, functional watch. It has a resin strap and stainless steel backplate and should last for years to come. I think I'll get one for myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars simply the best, 12 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Casio W-800H-1AVES Men's Resin Digital Watch (Watch)
it is a nice piece of device. i've used casio b4 n they r very reliable. this watch comes with a 10years battery, 100m water resitance that means i can wear it even on a swimming pool or on the shower or bath.
has a big display ideal or work.