5.0 out of 5 stars Indestructible, and Accurate.
Had my Wave Ceptor for nearly four years now. Has never let me down once. It seems virtually indestructible. I've scraped it, dropped it, knocked it, yet it never stops working, durable case. Typical Casio reliability.

Published on 22 Nov 2012 by A. Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars occasional reset issue
This watch has good timekeeping but occasionally resets when using the stopwatch "stop" function. I feel this is good value for a radio controlled watch, apart from the noted issue but decided to upgrade to a fully metal model which appears to be based upon a different "movement", so fingers crossed.
Published 5 months ago by likes a gadget

5.0 out of 5 stars Indestructible, and Accurate., 22 Nov 2012
A. Lewis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio WaveCeptor WV-59DE-1AVEF Men's Digital Quartz Multifunction Watch with Steel Bracelet, Radio Controlled (Watch)

The accuracy of the time signal is absolutely bang on. It is in exact sequence with the Greenwich Time Signal (The BBC pips / MSF time signal) NB:- If you are listening to DAB radio the pips are about a second slower than they should be due to technical reasons with digital broadcasts, so if your waveceptor beeps the hour alarm before the pips have finished that is why!.

Some great features, world time, stop watch, alarm, decent "illuminator" backlight display, water resistant. Can only recommend, not the prettiest watch in the world, but I have to say I appreciate its utilitarian reliability durability and accuracy.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, a square wave ceptor., 25 Nov 2012
I bought this casio after months of searching for a square Casio Wave ceptor watch. I'm really pleased with it, it's exactly what I want in a watch. My only moan is about the strap, it doesn't really seem to suit the watch, especially where the two join and it does pluck the odd hair from time to time but perhaps that's me being too fussy.
Overall I'm happy with the watch, it does what I want it to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars One standout feature; Oh and there's radio controlled accuracy, 14 Oct 2011
John Malcolm (Swindon, Wilts, England) - See all my reviews
On the whole this is a good watch - it's nice to have almost absolute spot-on time at my beck and call.

However there is one feature that I've wanted on Casios for 30 years - a European date - and this watch has it! No more 12-31-11 at the end of the year, it's 31-12-11 for me! The setting is in the date format part of the setup, as outlined in the small manual. There are other Casios that do this, just look for little DD and MM displays by the date. If they are there then they can probably be reversed and Hey Presto no backwards dates for us Europeans. At last!

One hassle, though, and it's potentially a biggie. Hold the bottom right button in for too long - in any mode, so you may be working the stopwatch - and the whole watch resets! What a pain in the backside! I don't use any of the other timing features - I'd like to use the timer and stopwatch but daren't - apart from the precise time and correct date features. It's a shame I can't get an update downloaded from the Casio website...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch but unhappy with Casio, 29 July 2014
This watch is exactly what I wanted, large clear display, able to change the date to the right way round for the UK market, and calibrates itself daily so you always have the exact time. Bought it September 2013 but it reset itself June 2014. I sent it to Casio for repair under warranty but they said the parts were no longer available and offered me an alternative off their website up to the value of £50. The available watches were more expensive than most other retailers and they didn't have a comparable watch I liked on their UK website, however they were selling the same watch on their European website but they wouldn't let me have one from there. I asked for a refund but was told it was not an option so I contacted Amazon who said a same model replacement would be with me in two days, which it was. I returned my old one which was free postage.
In summary a great watch for the money, very slow and rubbish customer service from Casio, excellent value and service from Amazon again which has guaranteed my future custom and recommendations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Making strap smaller, 27 Mar 2013
Note to Disappointed Humberman,

On the reverse (inside) of most of the Casio Steel straps there are some links marked near the edge with an arrow. Any of these links can be removed to shorten the length of the strap. I have carried this out on some other Casio watches with no difficulties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio WaveCeptor WVDE-1AVEF, 8 Nov 2013
I think it is the best watch I have ever had. You just put it on and when you want to see the time you look at it and it is correct to the last second every time. It is a but bulky but I will put up with that. I am now 77 years old and this watch should out last me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent timekeeper, 15 Dec 2012
This is an excellent watch, not just for the accuracy of the radio time-keeping and the ability to set to European date display (DD-MM-YYYY) but also the typical Casio ease of use of all of its functions (stopwatch, count-down, World time and alarm) and the extremely clear display. I also like its solid appearance. The only criticism I might offer is that the alarm is a little quieter than I am used to - not so quiet as to lose a star in this review, but if it were the only alarm available there must be some doubt as to whether it would wake a deep sleeper. Brilliant watch, notwithstanding.

3.0 out of 5 stars occasional reset issue, 13 July 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Casio WaveCeptor WV-59DE-1AVEF, 14 Aug 2014
Colin Kay (Norwich, Norfolk) - See all my reviews
After reading and following the instruction book I was unable to activate the display and after spending considerable time in trying to get it to work, with no success I obtained a return advice and requested a refund. The refund was dealt superbly by Amazon but the item itself is absolute rubbish. Do not buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Duh, how do you shorten the strap?, 26 Aug 2014
Well I've no reason to doubt that the watch is OK, but it would help if I could wear it!
I need perhaps 3 links out of the bracelet to stop it falling off my wrist ... I have managed to slide out little metal strips from 3 adjacent links, but then what? the links remain as firmly joined as before. And there are NO INSTRUCTIONS as to how to adjust it (plenty on pressing the buttons on the phone though).
Do I pay a local watch-shop to adjust it, or send it back? A thought occurs to me that the protective plastic film was missing only from the part of the inside of the strap where I was removing what I thought were the 'keys' to removing links - am I perhaps not the first person to try on this particular watch? It might also explain the lack of instructions!
ps I have succesfully shortened several previous watch straps, including my last Casio.