on 21 August 2009
Purchased this watch to use the countdown timer when dinghy racing. Buttons are ok to use with gloves. Took about a week of fine tuning to get the tide graph ok - but its good enough now for a rough idea and may save me yet!
World time is handy for my work, the alarm may just about wake me!

Fits fine on my small wrist. Comfy.

Is it tough? Well I was given an old g-shock dw-9000 that a relative found buried in pebbles and shingle on a local beach. I'll never know how long it had been rolling in and out on the tides - but it still worked. It was missing a couple of buttons - but these watches are TOUGH!!

Whatever you put yourself through. your g-shock will tell you what time it happened!

Fantastic watch.
on 1 February 2011
Well, I just bought this Gulfman for about a month now. So far, I am really satisfied with this watch. I have always wanted a G-Shock since I was little and I finally got one. I have been especially fond of casio watches, mainly G-Shocks. The timekeeping mode is very accurate and the world time function works great after I have set the UTC, Longitude etc. (It's in the manual). As far as I know, this is the only model with a titanium back and it is rust resistant of course. It looks good on my wrist, just fits me perfectly without being too bulky. The EL light is bright and vivid, makes it easier to see in dark places or at night. The Auto-light function is very convenient and the tide and moon graph is kind of cool as I am fond of these kinds of statistics (I like detailed info of the weather, geography etc.) Simply said, this is a watch that is tough, sleek, stylish and functional. I would recommend this watch to other people (or you can also choose the Gulfman Tough Solar model which is more expensive).
on 7 September 2011
This is a great watch! looks fantastic and its very comfortable and an excellent price too(cheapest on net!) the watch has great presence on your wrist without looking too bulky and i do have quiet small wrists. also i ordered this saturday and it arrived tuesday so it was super quick too.... overall verdict - buy one!
on 12 November 2010
The watch looks good and has all the functions you would expect, along with a couple of others for the gadget lovers such as the moon phase and the tide guide.

As you would expect the watch is tough. In my line of work I have broken a few watches over the past but this one seems to have survived every situation so far and I am confident it will last me a number of years.

Overall a very solid and reliable watch.
on 28 July 2013
I first received this watch as a gift from my old man in 2009 and have become very fond of it ever since. The strap has finally given in so i'm looking to buy a replacement as the watch still works perfectly. When i started as a Stonemason in 2007 i soon realised i needed a rugged watch, so i bought a nice Traser H3. It looked the part but after a year it succumbed to the fine sandstone dust and packed in.

Enter the G-Shock Gulfman - my Dad picked it up for £45, so i figured if it lasts a year it will be worth it. I wasn't to keen on the size and look of it at first as it was about double the size of my last watch. At first i just wore it to work and would swap it for a dress watch at the weekends. Everyday the watch would be covered in sandstone dust but i noticed it never felt like it was getting into the buttons. Wearing it in the shower after work was the only cleaning it needed and it would look brand new again.

Over time I couldn't help but notice just how tough this watch is, it goes through the ringer every day and puts up with alot of abuse but never skips a beat. Freshwater or saltwater, no rust, no problem. While Skiing at high altitudes and in temperatures down to -20c i have noticed it gets a little condensation under the face, this disappears after a short time and doesn't seem to effect the watches performance. I have also worn this many times into the steam room after a swim without problems before i discovered this could damage your watch. I only really use it for telling the time but the tide function has come in handy while sea fishing and the world time is useful if you have friends abroad who you wish to communicate with but don't wont to wake them at silly o'clock in the morning.

Now this watch never leaves my wrist except for special occasions, it still runs on the original battery even though the instructions recommended it would last about 2 years. A couple of friends and workmates who were once a bit skeptical of the G shock have also now purchased one themselves after seeing it stand the test of time.

BOTTOM LINE - If you're looking for something flashy that stands out then this isn't for you, however, if you're looking for something you can depend on, no matter the conditions, then look no further. The G-Shock Gulfman has way exceeded my expectations and has to be one of the best timekeeping investments you could make.
on 20 November 2011
Does what it says it will do, comfy to wear and has a presence. Takes about a week to get familiar with its functions.
on 25 September 2010
bought this for son-in-law who is in the army,good quality and very robust and it looks good, this is the second one he has had but the first one had been to Afghanistan and Iraq so not bad.
on 4 July 2011
This watch fulfills its every requirements. Plus the price is nice, since it has a tidal graph, that was the reason for me to buy this watch since i am a surfer.
on 26 October 2010
Very nice watch. The watch is very light and looks great even for a man with small wrist.
For being a Casio the wristband was quiet short. But I cuted it even shorter and
sanded it down.
It has all the functions I need and more. It has a very cool function, you can activate
automatic backlight, it goes on when you turn the watch towards your face.
And the worldtime is very handy for me since I love to travel.
It comes in a very nice tin and papper box and instruction manual.
This is a superprice for a tough watch that can resist a lot of bully.
Nothing to complain at all, I'm very satisfied.
Super fast service from Amazon.co.uk, I ordered it the 25th and I already had it 26th and I live
in Sweden! The best of all, it was free homedelivery. Thanks.
on 15 May 2011
Such a slick watch, get many compliments on it.

Recommended if you are in military service, highly durable.