Published on 18 Jan 2010 by IntensiveCareNurse

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it looks like in the picture!
Just as a warning to anyone buying this item....it doesn't look as nice as the picture makes it look! You can actually see where the handle has been joined and the spout. You can't unscrew it to clean unless you have pliers and there is a flaw on the filter part & on the top. This is our second one as we had to send the first one back because it looked even worse!
Published 16 months ago by RosiePosie

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm just "STRAINING" at the leash to tell you how good it is... Ha-ha!, 18 Jan 2010
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress 8-Cup Double Walled Stainless Steel Cafetiere (Kitchen & Home)
The only coffee makers that can possibly compete with this one is the Bodum (or similar makes that cost LOTS & LOTS more)! Look no further, as this is an unbreakable, double walled, fully insulated coffee maker that you will love & cherish forever. I have never seen ONE coffee ground in my steaming hot cup of coffee. The overall impression is one of top quality (the inner strainer mechanism is also very sturdy & well designed). I really cannot see how it could be bettered (and I AM fussy... OCD rules OK)!!!
This is clearly a popular line (as I had to order it 3 times (not solely off Amazon), to be told that "sorry" it was out of stock on the first two occasions. My persistance was worthwhile....
Get yourself one while the getting is good! Highly recommended!!!!!

PS: I'm updating this having read other reviews slating it based upon 3 complaints... I have now owned this cafetiere for over 2 years & it is still in great condition (and makes great hot coffee).

1) CRITIQUE # 1: "The lid fills with water in the dishwasher"... My view: Don't put the lid in the dishwasher (I never have so have never noticed the problem)... I admit this might be a bit of a pain, but then it is not an expensive stainless/insulated cafetiere.

2) CRITIQUE # 2: "It is not filled with insulation material, just double walls & air... coffee kept warm but not hot"... My view: Not my experience at all mate! Nice hot coffee for up to an hour. As with all stainless cafetieres, warm the pot with boiling water before brewing coffee (as the steel is an excellent heat conductor & will otherwise slightly cool the coffee)... Maybe you actually wanted a coffee maker (which has a hot plate to keep the coffee hot indefinitely)???

3) CRITIQUE # 3: "Cylindrical (where the plunger/sieve travels up & down) at the bottom, but not the top... poor design"... My view: Who would actually deliberately design a coffee maker like that???!!! Mine is perfectly cylindrical throughout so yours was either damaged in transit or was poorly made & escaped QC checks. I suggest you return it!!!

Update (again) 5/2/10...

Ahem... The price has just shot up by a whole third for this item (someone got greedy)... I feel that this is fair comment (although pricing discussion is not always appropriate). Doesn't appear too much of a bargain any more (as Bodum can be purchased for just a tenner more)... This is a pity...

Update 3/1/13: 3 years in, used regularly & still as good as the day I bought it. It's proven a good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm loving it, 6 Nov 2009
Alan Petch - See all my reviews
Works brilliantly, the double walled insulation keeps the coffee good and hot and at a great price compared to the equivalent Bodum model.
I initially bought the 3 cup size and liked it so much that I immediately ordered the 8 cup.
The 3 cup pot does 1 good sized mug of coffee and this 8 cup pot will do 4 decent sized mugs.
The description states 625ml but it's actually 1000ml.
Shiny too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot coffee for ages, 6 Dec 2009
Mrs. J. A. Clarke "clarke_jen" (Thornton_Cleveleys) - See all my reviews
This was primarily purchased to use for my posh friend - she only drinks real coffee - but I love it so much I use it at least 4 times a week - keeps coffee hot and looks good - all my visitors love it - a great Christmas gift

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 29 Dec 2009
Best cafetiere for the money I've ever had, beats the breakable glass ones I've had in the past

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 26 Jan 2010
Edward Chan "FireFly" (London) - See all my reviews
The caffetiere keeps the coffee very warm with its double insulation. Also it is easy to clean and large enough to make 4 decent mugs of coffee. One more bonus is that it is a lot harder to break than a glass one. Worth the price and probably one of the best 8 cup ones on amazon.

Probably my one of my best Amazon buys yet

5.0 out of 5 stars Lexpress 8 Cup Coffee Press, 6 Feb 2010
Great. Easy to use and clean and keeps the coffee warm! No worrying about it breaking either. Looks good - nice change from the glass cafetieres and a quick vinegar wipe keeps it shiny and free of water marks.

Great product, very quick delivery. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent priced alternative., 15 Jan 2010
S. Brisco "brisco2307" (nortwest england) - See all my reviews
was looking for yet another replacement for a broken cafetiere and stumbled across this. keeps my coffee nice and warm whilst brewing and despite being dropped already it's still in perfect working order.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it looks like in the picture!, 14 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - a cafetiere for life!, 9 Sep 2010
I've become heartily fed up with cafetieres that crack or shatter if you so much as look at them too hard, so I thought I'd give this stainless-steel job a try. We've had it for more than a month now, and are absolutely delighted with it. It makes an excellent cup of coffee, is insulated, and wouldn't break even if I were to hurl it across the kitchen (which, being a peaceable sort, I shan't do). It's dishwasher-proof, and I wipe the outside with a microfibre cloth to preserve its brilliant sheen. I urge those looking for an unbreakable cafetiere to look no further: here is the answer to your coffee prayers.

3.0 out of 5 stars B&B owner, 22 May 2010
Mr Busy (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
very nice, but the lid is hollow and fills up with water in the dishwasher. This makes another job in a very busy B&B, we have to take it apart to empty it.

ARRAY(0xafbe34f8)