on 23 March 2009
Beautiful product.I would have appreciated a liquid volume measure in the sales info though. Very compact but perfect for two cups or one good mug of coffee. I'm delighted with mine. I would love an identical cafetiere for 8 cups.
0Comment28 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2009
As the other revews state, this is a stylish yet functional cafetiere. The double walled structure is a plus as you hardly feel any of the heat coming from the coffee inside. Plunger and mug are easy to clean.
One thing that is a shame is that after putting the cafetiere in the dishwasher (it is stated to be dishwasher safe) the surface of the spherical holder above the lid started to rust. After a month of daily use it is quite rusty. This may be particular to my cafetiere in my dishwasher (hard water area). The rest of the steel is fine and as the rust is only on the surface this cosmetic issue is minor really.
11 comment14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 October 2010
I love my cafetiere. Previously I've had glass ones, and I keep breaking them - this does what it says, makes a nice coffee, and keeps it warm. It's not a 3-cup, you would probably get 2 small-medium coffees from it - or one very nice large mug, which is what I need first thing in the morning. Excellent product, nice to look at, and should last a very long time.
on 22 February 2010
After trying one which had welding holes in the spout area allowing water to leak between the inner and outer casing, the replacement has performed well so far and keeps the coffee hot.
on 4 September 2009
Bought this because the cleaners at work kept breaking my glass one(s).
It looks cheap but the actual quality of the plunger inside is very good with an excellent fit with a fine mesh (have yet to endure a coffee grind in my cup).
Keeps the coffee warm and does one decent sized mug so would recommend, the equivalent model from Stellar looks much better but is twice the price and is functionally equivalent
on 6 November 2009
Buy it,you won't be sorry and a good price too.
Excellent screen mesh and with the right grind no 'fines' in the bottom of the cup.
Having bought the 3 cup size I liked it so much that I immediately ordered the 8 cup.
The 3 cup pot does 1 big mug of coffee and the 8 cup pot will do 4 decent sized mugs.
And brilliantly shiny.
on 12 January 2010
Slightly disappointed with my LeXpress cafetiere received within 24 hours of ordering. Although I think it's quite good looking and functional it doesn't compare well for heat retention with my years old stainless steel insulated jug which has traditional vacuum walls. In fact it is more or less identical in this respect to my glass cafetiere with a fabric insulating jacket.
on 1 June 2010
Why use a breakable glass coffee cafetiere when this stainless steel one doesn't break, and keeps the coffee warmer with its double walls? And it arrived propmtly and well packed too.
on 16 January 2011
A very sturdy, well-designed bit of equipment. Easy to use and to clean and makes excellent coffee that keeps hot for quite a long time. It's a big improvement on the glass one I used to have.
on 3 January 2015
I've been using this cafetiere for two years now which included two tours of Afghanistan and it's still going strong. The construction is solid as it has been banged around often but still looks almost new.

The double wall means coffee stays nice and hot whilst brewing, even more so if the cafetiere is first preheated.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone.

See one answered question