Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 May 2013
This double pack contains both Eye To The
Telescope and Acoustic Extravaganza (which itself included a making-of DVD).

Eye is a superb debut album, full of energy and great songs. Acoustic is a lot if fun, fine songs there too and the DVD is an interesting documentary for us rock and roll nerds who like to see behind the scenes!
on 11 May 2013
KT Tunstall is a recent discovery for me. But this album is really exceptional, so bought this deluxe version for collection.
The DVD is nothing special, but nice to watch once just to see the band at work.
The acoustic CD, otherwise, is great!
on 27 February 2011
In my opinion KT Tunstall is a breath of fresh air in music industry. Good music, good voice, down-to-earth, natural style and appearance. There are so many music artists and singers I like, but actually KT is the only one that I feel I could just hang around with, have a drink, talk... She's like the girl next door. In spite of the huge success she's had, she still doesn't make the impression of a star. I love that about her.

This gift pack, containing her debut album, Eye to the Telescope, and her second record, KT Tunstall's Acoustic Extravaganza, is a good bargain if you don't own the two albums separately. Both are amazing, it's a must-have!
on 16 March 2014
Great artist looking for someone who is not the same as everyone else. Easy music to have on around the house.
on 26 September 2008
I must admit, I'm baffled by Mr. Derek Denton's review. "The Other Side of the World" is very melodic and soulful, but it isn't even the best track on the album, let alone the only good one. It is perhaps the most commercial song, but I prefer my music to have a bit more character than that, which is why "Eye to the Telescope" satisfies. There is the balance of soulful and romantic, set against vibrant and aggressive. "Another Place to Fall" and "Black Horse and Cherry Tree" are punchy, whilst "False Alarm" and "Heal Over" are moving and personal.

For me, "Under the Weather" is the disappointment here, being a little twee and bland. So maybe a more apt caption for this album might be "one bad song".
on 4 August 2008
I heard K T's "Other Side of the World" on a late night radio show and was really taken with it. So, I bought the album "Eye to the Telescope" on which the song features. This one song is beautifully rendered, but the rest of the songs are disappointing. In fact they are somewhat tedious in my opinion. The girl has talent, no doubt about it, but like too many young singers competing in a difficult market, she has been too quick to pack out an album without applying a rigorous measure of self-criticism. Quality control needs to be the guiding principle if buyers like me are to be happy with their purchase. One good song on an album really isn't enough to justify the price.
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse