5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the burn!
I am not normally a huge fan of celebs and their fast buck fitness DVD's but I bought this on the strength of Davina having shedded her weight so sensibly and (between babies) actually manages to keep it off.

Published on 14 Jan 2008 by Boof

3.0 out of 5 stars Workout with a difference
Published on 1 Jan 2010 by Mrs. B. A. Lambert

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the burn!, 14 Jan 2008
Boof (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Davina - High Energy Five [DVD] (DVD)

This is a great fun DVD and really puts you through your paces. There are 5 x 20 mintute sections including aerobics and sections to tone your arms and legs and abs as well as the warm up and cool down. And blimey did that aerobics section work up a sweat! Im not massively unfit (I do use the gym) and it really got my heart pumping so I know it's going to work as you need that to loose weight and tone up.

I was pleasantly surprised by this DVD and even more surprised that Davina didn't annoy me (I love Davina but for some reason thought she might be leaping all over the place getting on my nerves).

I really recommend this for a good work out and am sure it will deliver the desired results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Fun, 1 Jan 2008
Jen Cox "Jen" (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Davina - High Energy Five [DVD] (DVD)
I like all the other reviewers, I own all of Davinas DVDs and this, yet again doesn't fail! All the DVDs are very effective and whilst toning up you also burn fat! Davina throws in funny comments and is lively and not overly chatty.
I was hesitant purchasing this third DVD, as i thought it would be simply a reproduction of the previous ones, but the DVD is divided into 5 20 minute sections, which means you choose your workout and can mix and match depending on your mood and timeframe. It also means that you reduce your chances of getting bored!
With a great soundtrack, there isn't much that you can say about this which is negative. Great for all levels, but ideal even for those who are fit and exercise regularly. Whereas most celeb videos are just gimics and you feel you haven't trained properly this isn't the case here.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to my Davina collection, 10 Jan 2008
Stephanie Pearce (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Davina - High Energy Five [DVD] (DVD)
Davina's workouts are just brilliant - they are doing wonders to the shape of my thighs and this one is even better with the new aerobics section as well as kickboxing as I have a bit (a lot!!) of xmas weight to shift. The separate sections are great for mixing and matching and I'm still using the old dvds too for greater variety.

I like all the general advice that Davina and Mark and Jackie give too. Esp when Mark says that if she moans he makes her work harder to shut her up - I've tried that when I feel like really being a bit hard of myself and it works! I *can* do a few extra sit ups without bursting/dying when you really push yourself. Brilliant stuff.

I also love the mostly music option (which, lets face it, is all music) - it makes it a bit less boring once you know the routines (and banter) fairly well as you have to think about what you are doing, and the music is really motivating up a bit louder with no voices to ruin it. Make sure you do the routines a few times first though as their hints about posture etc are excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but are some downsides!!!, 10 Mar 2010
K. Dendle "kazitykaz" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Davina - High Energy Five [DVD] (DVD)
I have all Davina's workouts, except the pregnancy one, because I love them.

This workout is good as you can mix and match different sections, but it can also be a bad thing if like me you want to avoid certain sections, for instance I try to avoid leg work because it hurts.

My favourite section to this workout is the boxing, I love it, it's worth buying just for this.

If you're used to other Davina workouts then this may be good for you to challenge you further. For instance, I can cope with the arm sections in her other DVDs, but in this one I struggled, I needed to go down a weight level. This shows that it is simply a tougher workout then her others.

An upside is the leg workout in this DVD is easier than her others, which I love, I usually hate the leg sections.

Another downside is the aerobics, it is a bit repetitive and it is mainly all jumping, which is a problem for me because I live in an upstairs flat, but it gets me working even harder by trying the land lighter.

The abs section is also very good, the only downside to this is the intervals are quite relaxed so it doesn't get your heart pumping. This isn't too bad if you add the abs to aerobics and boxing as you'd have already got your heart pumping in these.

Overall it is a good buy, but there are a couple of downsides. If you do want a Davina DVD then I'd recomment Super Body Workout and Davina Fit, these two are my favourites, although I do use them all for variety. That's another advantage of Davina's DVDs, you never get bored of them. Because they're are so many of them, and within one dvd itself you can mix and match the workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars High energy is right!, 10 Jan 2009
This review is from: Davina - High Energy Five [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD on the strength that (a) Davina's Power of 3 is a really good DVD, and (b) you can see the results by the way Davina looks. I was not disappointed!

If you like Davina, I think you'll like this DVD. It's not easy going, but it leaves you with a real sense of achievement. The moves are not overly complicated (which is where a lot of celebrity workouts fall down for me - I'm just a woman who is a bit bigger than she wants to be, but I'm no dancer, so if the moves are too tricky, I can't be bothered).

Davina is motivating, inspirational and funny, just as she is on TV. And with 5 sections to choose from, I think it's excellent value for money - I can't see me getting tired of it, which is a real plus point if you want to do it a few times a week. It's not surprising that this DVD has so many positive reviews - it really is THAT good!

3.0 out of 5 stars Workout with a difference, 1 Jan 2010
This review is from: Davina - High Energy Five [DVD] (DVD)
I have been using many of the Rosemary Conley fitness DVDs over the last few months, which are basic, easy to follow and really get results (I've lost 24lbs in 5 months - following the diet, too) and wanted to try a different fitness DVD to ring the changes. However, this wasn't for me. Davina performs with her two trainers and it is fairly entertaining with all Davina's asides to camera, etc, but it wasn't really my style. The workout is pretty tough and you do burn the calories, but my feet were killing me for a couple of days after doing one of the sessions with lots of jumping/skipping. The fancy camera work doesn't always show you exactly what you should be doing, either (whereas the Rosemary DVDs always illustrate every move quite clearly). The vague music is very much in the background, so there are no good tunes or rhythms to keep you going - for me, there's nothing like a good, bouncy rhythm to keep me going! I will probably stick to the tried and tested Rosemary DVDs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant DVD for High Impact but not as inventive for Low Impact, 11 Dec 2007
This review is from: Davina - High Energy Five [DVD] (DVD)
I have all of Davina's DVD's (except for the pregnancy one) and have enjoyed each one.

I have always worked at high impact level, however after being told by my doctor I have the beginnings of arthritis I was advised to carry on exercising, but to take it down to low impact and not jump about etc.

Looking at the DVD from a low impact perspective was disappointing in the Aerobic section. Jackie who took the session said to watch her for the low impact version or if you live in a flat. I did watch her, however, she only did a low impact exercise once and on the rest of the workout she followed along with Mark and Davina. When doing the "star jump" and "spotty dog" combination (which is predominately jumping exercises) she never gave a low impact option, so my being a regular exerciser and inventive I put in my own version of lunges and single side steps.

In summary I found the aerobics quite boring, however, if I could have done the high impact version I would have enjoyed it, it would be quite a good challenge at Davina's pace. I just hope with future DVD's from this great threesome, they will take into account those who need low impact exercises and those who live in flats!

There are five 20 minute workouts, Aerobics, Legs, Pump, Abdominals and Boxing as well as a separate warm up and cool down.

On a more positive note. The warm up was great, nice and long about 8-10 mins in duration.

The leg section I really enjoyed, I need this to help strengthen the muscles surrounding my knees so this part was great for that (Mark took the session and this time Jackie gave some good low impact options).

There was a great all round upper body workout.

The abdominal part was very challenging, but worked really well and I certainly knew about it the next day.

I just loved the boxing section, it was a great stress buster as well as a workout.

The Cool down was refreshing, but I would have loved it to have been a bit longer.

Overall it is a good DVD, the trainers are very good and Davina is as bubbly as ever! I recommend this DVD definitely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 19 Feb 2009
This review is from: Davina - High Energy Five [DVD] (DVD)
Just a quick review for this. I wont go into what is contined in the DVD because many other reviews here do just that.

I just wanted to say that I am not an exercise fanatic, and unlike Davina herself I have never considered working out to be great fun! All of this is probably why I found myself in desperate need of loosing a few pounds, and so I decided to do something about it. I do like Davina, which is why I plumped for one of her DVD's, also she does look like she has healthily managed to loose weight and keep in shape herself. Also the 5 20 minute sections are an excellent way of mixing and matching what areas to work out and it does help keep tedium at bay!

I've been doing the DVD for about 6 weeks now, I've mainly been doing the aerobics each time and then one of the other sections. I've also been eating healthily. I would say that after 6 weeks I have already seen results. Not just physically, but also my self-confidence is improved and I feel healthier. I now am into a routine of doing 2 sections 3-4 times a week and I am sticking to it.

I love the banter between the three of them, and I have to say that I don't find Davina's comments intrusive or annoying at all. This is because I like Davina anyway, and I have to say that her comments to the camera, etc, really engage me with what's going on and spurs me to keep going.

If anyone is feeling insecure about their weight but too shy to go to a gym or go out running then grab this DVD, seal yourself in your front room and give it a go. It has worked for me, and I am pretty sure that it will work for you too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good-you will see results, 6 Feb 2008
This review is from: Davina - High Energy Five [DVD] (DVD)
I have never owned a fitness DVD, but seeing Davina slimming down after her babies there simply had to be some truth behind it all. I am reasonably fit but have little time to go to the gym anymore with three children so this was worth a try.

My muscles ached but, after 5 weeks I can see a difference in my tone. I feel fitter and really enjoy being able to choose which classes I do. The banter between Davina and the instructors is fun - it makes passing the time and pain barrier so much easier. You will see results

4.0 out of 5 stars Good intermediate video, 8 Dec 2008
This review is from: Davina - High Energy Five [DVD] (DVD)
I've been doing exercise dvd's for 3 years now. I started off on her Power of 3 which is excellent. But I needed something a little more challenging, this DVD is good. There are 5 workouts and a warm up and cool down:
1. warm up
2. cardio
3. legs/bums
4. upper body
5. tummy/bums
6. boxing
7. cool down
Since I wanted to continue to lose weight, I focused on doing the cardio with arms and then alternate between repeating cardio or boxing 3 times a week. It has helped maintain my weight but I think I've reached a level of fitness where this DVD is now longer challenging enough.
This is a great DVD for those who are looking for the next step from a beginner DVD.
The Cardio is quite high impact but does get your heart pumping! The whole DVD is fun but sometimes the Boxing gets boring as it's repetitive.
I had been on this DVD for about 6 months with swimming at the weekends and have lost weight steadily. I however recommend you eat heathily and sensibly and don't avoid carbs!!! Eat low carb foods with protein and you will feel less hungry for the rest of the day. Snack on fruit and nuts and eat plenty of fresh veg. I've kept this going for 3 years and have dropped 3 dress sizes (18 to 12).
Doing this DVD alone will take you longer to lose the weight so don't get too impatient if you think after 2 weeks you're not seeing results! Give it at least a month and you may see a few lb's drop off.

Davina - High Energy Five [DVD]
Davina - High Energy Five [DVD] by Davina McCall (DVD - 2007)