5.0 out of 5 stars Fully uncut at last - yipee
Like most other Young Ones fans who grew up in the early 80's, this has been one of my most eagerly awaited DVD's ever.
Presented over 3 discs, we have series 1 and 2 on the first two disc's whilst the third disc contains a couple documentaries which are interesting but could have been so much better had all the cast and Ben Elton taken part.Still its not a great...
Published on 11 Dec 2007 by Film Lover

3.0 out of 5 stars Complete Young Ones.
Not as funny as I remember. I loved the young ones when it was first on television; but watching it again now, I think I enjoyed the nostalgia more than the content. Although there are some great comedy moments and the performances and characters are as good as I remember, some of the gags are just very dated and haven't aged all that well. I guess it's the price you pay...
Published on 3 Feb 2012 by Dickie

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Still a Classic ... just, 8 May 2011
This review is from: The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I have outgrown the Young Ones a little - but at the time when it first came out it was incredible. Without doubt Rik and Neil steal the show and the best moments for me is the banter between Neil and Rik. Without doubt one or two of these episodes are the funniest ever in TV comedy, unfortunately, too many are a little week to back it up as the greatest TV comedy ever. But this is great if you just want to sit back, rewind the clock a little and watch some anarchic, fast-moving, youth based, 80s comedy.

4.0 out of 5 stars dvd, 13 May 2010
Mr. Nathan G. Jenkins "nat" (caerphilly uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] (DVD)
its a dvd of the young ones, special features are pants as there werent really any, i suppose if you want a review, think 'do i like the young ones' the answer on wether you purchase this item should be entirely made on that decision

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible video quality but funny, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I loved the Young Ones so bought this DVD but the quality of it is dire. Before people get al "well it is for the 80's" shut up as the DVD was released by the BBC in the 2000's so should be of a decent quality. But if you want to watch something from eons ago in the way it was probably first aired then this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I brought The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 as a gift for my boyfriend. Wend down really well, he loved it. I forgot how funny it was.

4.0 out of 5 stars Young Ones DVD, 21 Oct 2011
Z. Ross "mad scientist" (overseas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Have got this for my husband as a stocking filler for Christmas. I used to enjoy the series when it was first on TV. Just the other day my husband was talking about it again. Looking forward to watching this again after Christmas, when the kids have gone to bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Lovely Jubbily", 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my Mom for her Birthday, she actually exclaimed in joy "Lovely Jubbily" as she realised what it was.

She has enjoyed watching all the episodes and reminising through the "good old days" with my sister who is now a new found fan of the Young Ones.

The package was delivered in good condition, and I was impressed by the quality of the product. Overall, a fantastic purchase and a great gift for someone who lived for the eighties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saving it, 1 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Off to the States for a lads trip in November saving it for that trip. Remember the originals, great music as an aside with Dexies, Motorhead, and others. Hope the memories are not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, the anticipation..., 29 April 2009
C. Wade (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I haven't actually cracked the wrapper yet, partly because I never manage to make time to sit and watch it, but partly because I'm afraid it won't be as funny now. Daft really, I just feel better knowing that I own this brilliant piece of British television history. Perhaps after a couple of shandies...

5.0 out of 5 stars YOUNG ONES COMPLETE COLLECTION, 10 Oct 2009
J. A. Brown "ANARCHIST" (FIFE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I HAVE BEEN A LONG TIME FAN OF THE YOUNG ONES AND WHEN AMAZON CAME UP WITH THE GOODS ON DVD I WAS EXCTATIC, IF YOU WANT LAUGH OUT LOUD COMEDY AND PURE AND UTTER ANARCHY THEN THIS IS A MUST, EVERYONE WHO IS AN EIGHTIES CHILD SHOULD HAVE THIS IN THERE DVD COLLECTION.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every stoopid episode dvd, 22 Dec 2007
This review is from: The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] (DVD)
As well as being the greatest 'stoopidest' comedy of the 80's check out the band Nine Below Zero that appeared on the first ever, they are still going srong with bigger and better live shows than ever before including the return of Mark Feltham and obviously the infamous Dennis Gerry and Brendan, check out there albums on Amazon.co.uk, Brett, Northants, UK

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xabacf624)

The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
The Young Ones: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] by Rik Mayall (DVD - 2007)
9.50