on 24 September 2012
I purchased this lodge for my Syrian Hamster and im pretty pleased with the product. She loves to sharpen her teeth on the corners and snuggles up neatly inside. I was expecting the lodge to be a bit too big for my average size cage but it fitted perfectly into the corner. The only downside is, it is meant to be for Russian/Dwarf Hamsters. I had to actually widen the doorway a little in order for my chubby hamster to fit in it :D

Overall it is a good product but i wouldn't recommend buying it for a Syrian Hamster or any Hamster roughly the same size if you dont want to make any alterations to it.
on 11 October 2013
I received this item in good time and it was well packaged.

I put it into my hamsters cage and he seemed to like it. I burrowed it under his substrate as he’s a burrower. A few days later I lifted it out to check it over/change bedding and noticed that the bottom panel (from the right hand wall part of the door) was falling off, leaving a very exposed nail. My hamster is not a chewer at all and when I checked over the part that had come off there was no noticeable damage, so I’m sure he didn’t chew it.

I promptly put it in the bin and purchased another house for him which has been fine since.

If buying, just keep an eye on the house check for damage more regularaly than you might with other ones! Would have been a great house if it had stayed intact. Perfect space for a dwarf hamster to get cosy in, and open bottom lets them burrow down too.
on 8 April 2014
Very nicely put together and sturdy item. My only bad comment is that it's a little too small for a regular hamster. I have a Syrian hamster and it's a tad on the small side for him (although he still likes chewing and climbing on it), but it would still be great for any dwarf hamster breeds and mice.
on 14 May 2015
Lovely little house for my Syrian hamster. She drags her bedding in and sleeps in there every night! She also likes to chew on it which is fine as its natural. Could be slightly bigger which is why I gave it 4 stars. (not sure weather house is slightly small or hamster is slightly fat!)
on 14 February 2010
I bought two of these for two adult female gerbils, because gerbils were included in the title description). These particular gerbils, although fully grown, are both at the small end of the size range for gerbils, and they only just fit through the doorway, so I would think an average size gerbil would not even attempt to go in, and a larger one definitely wouldn't fit! Our two girls aren't using these to sleep in, but they're still fine for gnawing material, I suppose. And at that price, I can't really complain.

Would be perfect for mice or dwarf hammies, however.
on 21 May 2014
the product arrived in good condition but was mislead by the size, it should only be sold for mice or dwarf hamsters because it is far too small for a Syrian or gerbil.
on 27 June 2015
I have had three dwarf hamsters and each have had their own little house and each of them have loved it. Quick postage and good packaging too.
on 13 November 2013
This house is very cute, I loved watching my hamster going in and out, so adorable. It would be even better if the roof was detachable.
on 23 May 2013
Perfect little house for dwarf hamsters. Used regularly and also have a bigger house in same natural wood. Would recommend.
on 10 March 2013
i would purchase this home for a dwarf hamster not syrian hamsters.it has a small doorway and not alot of space for sleeping