4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pen
I have used the IrisPen Express for a few weeks and have found it really excellent. Once you get used to it, is possible to scan things in very speedily (one to two seconds per line). Providing the print is not really compressed together, there are few mistakes. However in order to get the best results I offer the following tips:
1) Do not use in bright light, e.g...
Published on 3 Jun 2008 by Rog

3.0 out of 5 stars The second one I received worked well
I bought this product with high hopes, but was utterly disappointed with the total gibberish it was spewing. I decided to take a risk and assume that I had a faulty one and get a replacement rather than my money back and I'm glad I did. The second one seems to work pretty well and does what I hoped it would.

It doesn't take much practice and seems to handle...
Published on 16 May 2010 by NShufti

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pen, 3 Jun 2008
Rog (Sheffield, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD) (Software)
1) Do not use in bright light, e.g. in front of a window.
2) Do not set to "small print" except for the very smallest fonts.
3) Learn to start the scanning at exactly the beginning and end of lines.
4) Reset to factory settings (file menu) if you start getting gobbledegook.
If you follow these guidelines the results will be very good and much faster than typing. I can heartily recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! It works..., 17 Jun 2008
This review is from: IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD) (Software)
I have only had this installed on my computer for about three hours and I find it to be an excellent product. It seems to me to be important to read the instructions on how to use the pen. Having taken the few minutes to do this I found that a few minutes of practice got me to getting good results almost every time. The times it didn't work I can put down to user error!

This is a good product for scanning small bits of information to save having to retype it. Remember to practice before you use it when you are depending on its input and I think you'll get good results more often than not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little device, 27 Sep 2008
This review is from: IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD) (Software)
I am studying a MSc in project management, the course is research based and i am a slow typer and a generally lazy person so anything that can give me more time to bum around rather than typing 20,000 word dissertations interested me greatly. Reading the reviews it was a difficult decision to part with the cash for the pen as everyone seemed to have different experiences with it. I am so glad i purchased the great little pen, for me it is pretty much 100% accurate, it scans straight into word (for mac) underlining in red grammerlicious errors so its easy to spot anything that confused it. it is great as a study aid as it forces you to read the text during scanning, and again checking the document, rather than concentrating on typing. it is just sooooo much faster, 1-2 seconds a line straight into word. i use a mac, not sure if that makes a difference with the software but in reviews mac people seem to have a much higher success rate. my advice, buy it, it will change the way u work and study for the better, if you're hamfisted and cant use just return it and get your money back.

3.0 out of 5 stars The second one I received worked well, 16 May 2010
This review is from: IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD) (Software)

It doesn't take much practice and seems to handle quite fast scans too. The software is basic, but quick to setup and easy to use. It seems to work with any program too. (I use openoffice for a lot of my work and there have been no compatabilty problems. It also scans into email.

On the negative side I don't think the feel of the pen is particularly good. It feels (and looks) plastic-y and cheap. And using the USB cable adds to the generally un-elegant user experience. (a wifi or bluetooth version would be great in the future)

I would have liked a slighty better product experience considering the price, but in the end it does what I want it to.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 Nov 2009
Dawn Dunbar - See all my reviews
This review is from: IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD) (Software)
I bought this pen to replace an old C pen but I have found it doesn't work nearly as well as the C pen and I regret saving the extra few pounds. It is over sensitive and stops scanning very easily. It would usually be quicker and easier to type it in myself.IRIS Irispen Express 6 USB Pen Scanner + free 2 years' guarantee Specialised scanner Scanner

3.0 out of 5 stars Good pen scanner but it could be better for the price., 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD) (Software)
I have had this pen scanner for over a month now and I have to admit it is good, however for the price I paid I expected it to be much better. It saves me hours of typing up notes from textbooks, but I have to watch what is scanned carefully because usually it adds odd symbols to words or misses the first letter of the sentence. The problem only worsens with smaller print. I also have to re-caliberate the pen every time I use it which is annoying otherwise it will scan gibberish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. And it works most of the time, 17 Nov 2010
Mr. T. Walker (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD) (Software)
I need to scan the odd paragraph of typed text from huge numbers of documents. This does the job pretty accurately and works backwards for me as a left hander. It imports the words into Word. Yes, there are errors, especially with close spacing between lines, but for most things it works a dream. I still need to check and edit what it produces - I would say it is about 75-90% accurate depending on what is scanned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 1 Feb 2010
This review is from: IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD) (Software)
This product is very very good. I am using it for preparing revision notes. The first time I used it, it took me some time to get used to the product. I thought I might have made a mistake purchasing this. After a few times, now I am very comfortable with it and I am surprised how fast you can scan it through words. Sometimes the words on handouts were not as clear as say words printed in the books, the pen can still pick them up with very little mistakes. I would definitely recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 10 Nov 2009
This review is from: IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD) (Software)
Very frustratingly inconsistent results. The only thing I could get to scan correctly was their supplied sample/test sheet.
On the typed documents I was trying to digitise I was getting one line perfect, then the next line would be total rubbish. I was spending more time correcting (scanning, re-scanning then editing in MS Word) than I would have spent if I had just typed it all in in the first place.
The device seemed overly sensitive to scanning speed, but I'm human, my speed is bound to vary.
If you want to scan to image - no problem. Scan to type (as they very strongly advertise and the purpose for which I bought the device) - think twice.
First time I have ever had to return an item to Amazon for refund !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!, 22 Jun 2009
Ms. E. Ponomareva "Elena" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD) (Software)
Used this pen for making revision notes (I'm a uni student). Worth every penny I spent on it!!!
Highly recommended.

ARRAY(0xab186a44)

IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD)
IRISPen Express 6 (Mac/PC CD) by IRIS (Mac OS X, Windows Vista / XP)
119.99