4.0 out of 5 stars OK for the right hamster...and a deep cage
I bought this for my hamster Jasper. I actually bought it before he arrived, thinking it would be interesting for him to grow up with it in his cage.

It's a good quality product, looks and feels very sturdy, so I think it will last a long time. However Jasper simply does not like it. I've seen him on it twice, and once was because I put him on it...
Published on 16 Jun 2008 by S. Kay

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for degus, less so for hamsters
Published 19 months ago by Lau welfarer

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for the right hamster...and a deep cage, 16 Jun 2008
S. Kay "lochmaddier" (Western Isles, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hammock & Playbridge Gerbil or Hamster Cage Pet Toy (Misc.)

However if you have a shorter cage, buying this is pointless. It's quite long, and it it weren't for me having a storey cage, I would never have been able to let it dangle, it would probably have been touching the bottom of the cage, or been very close to it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for degus, less so for hamsters, 31 Aug 2012
I bought this product for my degus, as when I intially bought the product, the degus were babies and therefore hamster sized. They are now fully grown (about the size of a rat) and 2 of them can easily fit in the hammock part, 3 on the ladder at the top. Although my girls love it, I wouldn't recommend it for a hamster- its quite tall, so may be hard for them to climb up to the ladder part, and is a lot longer (height wise) than the average hamster cage, so unless you have a tall hamster cage, it probably won't fit. I have a chinchilla cage where a tier is roughly 35cm high, and the hammock fits in with about a centimeter gap underneath. But degus will love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lazy Day's, 27 Jan 2013
Our rescued hamster Scooby loves nothing more after her nightly workout on her wheel than to lay on her hammock and chill.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Jasper loves this!, 18 Jun 2011
Amazon Customer (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
My Syrian hamster, Jasper, loves his hammock bridge toy. I was a bit uncertain at first and a surprised at how tall it is but it can be modified quite easily. He was a bit unsure of it at first but now he loves it. He sits on the hammock and cleans himself making the whole cage shake in the process. I swear this hamster isn't happy unless he's making a lot of noise! He climbs up to the top and walks along the bridge when he wants out to play. Again it makes the metal cage rattle and gets our attention and I inevitably cave in and let him out. The first thing he did was to chew through the bottom rungs of the rope ladder so it now hangs loose but as he never used it before chewing it and only ever really slithers down it now it doesn't really matter. He has chewed a little bit on the orange square but mostly he uses that rope circle for death defying stunts. If your hamster chews everything all the time then this probably isn't a good idea. Jasper only chews destructively if there's a problem with his wheel like last week. He wrecked his plastic wheel (wore down the spindle and the inside of the wheel itself over a period of eight months!) and then completely chewed through one of the straps on the hammock bit. I've had to sew it back together twice now but it's still functional. (For those people who think we haven't given him anything to chew, he has at least three items specifically for chewing and still he chews the stuff we'd rather he didn't.)

3.0 out of 5 stars gymnasium, 18 Sep 2010
Lesley Wyllie (East Lothian, Scotland) - See all my reviews
thought that our hamster would love this as she loves doing trapeze acts. got a large cage but she is not playing with it much. not as good as i thought it would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 28 Oct 2013
My hamster dusty loves this and I love it to, so she now has two in her cage. I always find her swinging away and chilling out. So well worth the money, to make her happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great little addition to our hamster cage, 25 Aug 2013
Mr. Trevor D. Luckett (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
A very nice product and well designed, our hamster tried eating the hammock, she has sat in it briefly but used it as a climbing frame to the top of the cage

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great!, 19 Aug 2013
I was really excited to get this and was convinced there would be hours of fun! however. It is big. too big. It didn't fit in the cage and that was the end of it! I thought perhaps my dwarfers could play with it outside of the cage but it doesn't work like that. I think it has got to be in the cage for the hamsters to take it when they fancy. It does look great thought, If I was a hamster with a massive cage then I'd want it! If you're thinking about buying it, think about where it's going to go first!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hammock & playbridge, 6 Jun 2013
I brought this for my new baby hamster I thought he'd like it but he won't even go on it maybe he will go on it when he is older

5.0 out of 5 stars hammock & play bridge cage toy, 23 Aug 2011
jimmy loved it i bought it to go in his new cage he loves it he sleeps in it at night when it got here it was bigger then i thought so you do need a big cage to put it in. I thought the price was really good and it was really good quality for the price he really likes hanging from the ladder up side down

ARRAY(0xa627c60c)