4.0 out of 5 stars great service not so great product
my rabbit wasn't too mad on this, also one of the little rods broke (the connect the seesaw to the base) and it doesn't work any more. but the service was good delivered on time but I just wasn't mad on the product.
Published 2 months ago by Cdawg

2.0 out of 5 stars I could have made a better one myself
Other people have stated this product consists of 4 parts. Ours didn't on account of the fact that one side piece was snapped in 2 when it arrived. No problem, they supply wood glue so we stuck it back together.

Published on 2 Aug 2011 by jojo

2.0 out of 5 stars I could have made a better one myself, 2 Aug 2011
This review is from: Trixie Natural Living Animal Toy Seesaw, 32 × 7 × 14 cm (Misc.)

Dowels hold the base to the side pieces, but the holes for the dowels to go in were definitely to deep. We managed to get around this by gluing them into the side pieces first but the resulting base was far to flimsy and wouldn't hold the weight of top bit. My husband found his hammer and it took several nails to produce a sturdy base. Great. Only now that we had a nice square solid base we found that the actual moving seesaw bit was so wonky that it didn't fit. My husband then had to use his saw to make the slots big enough that the top would fit, and even now it still is wonky and the moving part scrapes along the base on one corner. We might file this down at some point.

My rats better use this after the effort it took to make it usable!

2.0 out of 5 stars If cheap crap needed an Avatar, this would be it's Champion., 17 Oct 2009
Mr. M. Simpson "Marc" (UK) - See all my reviews
I had the good fortune to inherit a Guinea Pig, a cute little critter I named Scampi. Having bought him a cage, I needed some items for it as I was worried he would get bored when left alone during the day. I figured a see-saw wouldn't provide him with much fun, but it would fill his cage out a bit, and give him some furniture to nibble on.

My mistake.

This is an incredibly cheap product. It consists of 4 parts, the see-saw, the 2 sides and a base. The 2 sides attach to the base by way of 4 small wooden pegs, 2 per side which need to be glued into position.

First of all, the holes drilled into the wood go far too deep, such that when the pegs were inserted and the sides were (attempted to be) attached, the pegs were pushed further into the holes.

Secondly, the incredibly small amount of glue provided just isn't equal to the task. It comes in a 'squeezy bottle', much like ketchup, but there was barely any glue in it, so squeezing it only pushed the air out. I had to cut it open with a kitchen knife to get to the glue. After that, I dipped the wooden pegs into the glue and inserted them into the base.

More or less 24 hours later, when I attempted to attach the sides to the base, the pegs ended up inside the base (again). Either the glue is far too weak, or the holes have been drilled with too large a diameter (and far too deeply), and there isn't enough glue to make it work. In the end, I used a hammer and a dozen nails to assemble it.

The see-saw part, is nothing more than a piece of wood with a hole drilled through the (supposed) centre, with a small piece of very thin dowel inserted as the axis. Firstly, the dowel had been pushed in too far, so when I added it to the base, each time I put Scampi onto it, it collapsed due to the imbalance (poor Scampi got such a fright). So I used a pair of pliers to even it out, and attached it once again. It stayed up this time, however I noticed that it was rubbing against the sides. On further inspection, the hole that had been drilled, where the dowel was inserted, wasn't at 90 degrees to the length of the wood. I considered shaving the edges off, but Scampi didn't seem to like it, and I had lost patience with it, so I threw it in the bin instead.

In summary, this is an incredibly cheap product, which will require that you make it work yourself. In truth, I'm a crap carpenter, but I could have done a better job than this for a lot less cash.

Buy at your own risk.

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be a lot better, 1 Dec 2010
I bought one of these for my rats, however they would much rather knock it over and ignore it, than stand on it or even chew it. It ended up being completely discarded by them, therefore I would not buy this again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty, 1 Mar 2014
YZFR6 (Inverness ,Scotland) - See all my reviews
My only opion of this is save your money and buy a better toy .It's very badly made and that's about it .

1.0 out of 5 stars useless - the seesaw part doesn't fit into the holes provided in the bse, 1 Feb 2014
ok, it was cheap, but t just wasn' fit for purpose.even with my DY skills and lack of tools I could have made a better job. The first really disappointing purchase in a long time

1.0 out of 5 stars I am disappointed with it as our rabbits keep demolishing it and ..., 30 Jun 2014
This product is not strong enough to cope with rabbits destructiveness. I am disappointed with it as our rabbits keep demolishing it and pulling it apart therefore it is not used for the purpose of a toy see saw

1.0 out of 5 stars Animal seesaw, 19 Jun 2014
very poor quality, some bits missing, couldn't get it to fit together properly, will not recommended, it arrived on time, packaging was great, it's just the product that was a problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars living animal seesaw, 15 Jun 2014
Very disappointing, it is in a very poor state:. Only partly covered in living wood and the connecting parts don't fit in the holes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Self assembly flaw, 15 May 2014
The seesaw needs to be put together but unfortunately the dowels are round and two of the slots they go in are not so we had to saw and drill the wood to get the seesaw dowels in. Unfortunately we took a bit too much wood out and now the seesaw is rendered useless. For such a small purchase I couldn't be bothered to return it and tried to make use out of it to my own detriment so a waste of money for me!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap toot!, 17 Nov 2013
I ordered this for my 2 baby rex's and within a day it fell apart. The middle part split in two! It's cheap and definatley wouldnt recommend this.