Size: USB 2.0 verColour Name: BlackChange

on 29 December 2012
Excellent item, Well packaged, Boxed and simply to install the drive, Clips in quickly then snaps back shut, Very good value, Initially i purchased i enclosure that worked out at about £4 including delivery which was shocking, Never worked, badly soldiered, and was very shoddy, For a few pound more i have got something that seems very well made, study and fundamentally works, Buy cheap buy twice!
on 1 April 2011
I have a number of external HDDs using a variety of different caddies, so far this has been the best.

Easy to put together and secures the HDD better than some other brands I have used before. Deleivered next day which was great. I also showed my colleagues in work and they have ordered some based inspecting the unit.

Great purchase highly recommended
on 14 July 2013
There are cheaper such products, but this one looks worth the small extra amount of money for the better design. It is a very reasonable price, and was easy to assemble. (I used a new Western Digital 320GB laptop drive.)
As a non-tech person, the instructions I could follow, though there looks to be a line missing if you are using a new drive. (At the Disk Management stage, before setting a partition, with a brand new drive you may need to right click on the words "Disk 1" and click "Initialise". A non-tech person might also appreciate a suggestion (or simple website link) on size of partition, though that is really beyond the scope of this product.)
There is a smart wallet, and the case is not padded; it is not beyond travel, but you'd obviously need great care. It should be fine moving around the home or workplace, and outdoors if you can keep it somewhere padded.
on 13 February 2013
Nothing much to say. It works fine. It's very easy to fit your SATA drive in the caddy, requiring no tools or screws. It is possible to break the little plastic clips and tabs if you are ham-fisted. (I broke one very slightly by trying to hinge the top cover off when it is dsigned to slide off sideways, but i only chipped a little sliver of plastic off and it still clipped in securely.)

Despite there being no screws, it holds the drive in place extremely securely. The assembled caddy is sleek and rounded at the edges - a bit larger than a large smart phone. Very well-designed I think.

In use, it works fine. Plug it in to a computer (I was using XP) and away you go. I got it so I could easily upgrade a laptop drive - to clone the laptop's drive - but I now also have a useful external drive.
on 2 February 2013
This is a fantastic bit of kit. It's so easy to put together, requires no tools, but feels very solid and well built. I was a bit dubious when i ordered it and looked at several others but i am 100% glad i purchased this one. I have a 500GB 7200rpm laptop HDD in it which it detected straight away. Windows recognised it instantly. The router i have it plugged into (TP-LINK 8970) also recognises it no problem.

It's quick and stays cool. What more can i say - a fantastic product from a company who, from seeing the early reviews, has listened to their customers about the previous design flaws and has redesigned it brilliantly, whilst also keeping the cost low. To give this anything other than 5* would be madness.
on 23 February 2009
This consists of 4 pieces, a top and bottom metal cover and a plastic centre piece on which the interface board and drive are fitted. Fitting the metal covers is not easy. There are very very small holes in the plastic and the tiny screws have to cut their own thread into it. The holes in the plastic do not align with the holes in the metal covers.I expect that, if it was necessary to open the case, it would not be very likely that screws could be put back in place securely.
on 2 May 2014
I love the simplicity of this enclosure. The case is just two parts that open with a push button. The hard drive is pushed into the connector board at a slight angle then drops into a recess where it is held firmly in place. Snap the top cover back on and you are ready to go. Another reviewer didn't like the snap action of the case as they said that it could come open if it was dropped. My own thought is that if you are going to drop a hard drive then the case springing open will be the least of your worries. I've had several hard drive enclosures over the years and this is one of the best, especially considering the low price. It gets a definite thumbs up from me.
on 24 August 2009
This is one of the cheapest enclosures I found.

I had upgraded my PS3 hardrive. The one I took out was a 40gb hardrive, so thought I would use it as an external drive to store and back up music and photos etc.

This product allows me to do exactly that and cause its USB, I can also plug it in to my PS3.

I have read the previous reviews about the screws not lining up, well they did fine. It took a couple of minutes to work out, that both the black upper and black lower casings come away from the middle part. It was then I located where the screws went.

The only bad point is that it tends to get hot, but that is to be expected. Ideal for what I wanted!
on 19 March 2013
A very neat caddy, tough, nice rounded corners, easy to assemble. It snaps together with a reassuring click. There is a release button to re-open the case. Ideal caddy at a brilliant price.
on 13 August 2014
Fragile - after using it for a couple of times, the ports are bent, the board is loose and the case is somewhat battered, so i'm not greatly impressed by the rigidity/lifespan of the device.

That said, these problems have been helpful to some extent, they give the device some malleability which is nice.
I frequently put in and take out hard drives from the case - it seems to prefer having one put in and then left in, but so far it has been working perfectly.

Overall i can recommend it, but it falls shot of being perfect - it's just that bit too fiddly and fragile.