5.0 out of 5 stars Snuggly fit, excellent feel.
Sorry to be a bit blunt with this one, but if you don't mind your packet sticking out then these are the shorts for you!
Published on 13 Sept. 2010 by Inchkaka

3.0 out of 5 stars Advice for the gentleman purchaser
I offer these words in response to the photograph used on this page to illustrate this item at the time of writing (February 2012). It appears to be modelled by a woman (due to the complete absence of any external genitalia). She has the long legs of Barbie but lacks even the modest bulge of Ken. This costume is a perfect fit for her.

But any potential...
Published on 15 Feb. 2012 by Lazarus

3.0 out of 5 stars Advice for the gentleman purchaser, 15 Feb. 2012

But any potential gentleman purchaser should be advised that no concession to the male form has been made in the design of this garment. If you are accustomed to wearing trunks or briefs with space for all you might need to keep in them, you would be mistaken in assuming that would be the case here. The stretchy material pulls tightly over any appendages, displaying them in all their glory (or otherwise), highlighting every contour. Other reviewers have hinted at the mild arousal this may induce during repeated leg movements while swimming. Any potential consequence of this would be all too evident to anyone else present, due to the cling-film nature of this costume.

They are slightly more comfortable if worn backwards but that option may not suit all users. I have not yet road-tested these trunks in the sea but the combination of cold water and the strength of the elastic pull on the gonads might force them to seek refuge inside.

The current fashion for swimming in knee breeches or baggy pantaloons strikes me as impractical, uncomfortable and ridiculous. It implies a return to the modesty of the Victorian era which seems completely at odds with the lack of morality in contemporary sexual behaviour.

I had assumed that the apparent boxer-short design of this costume would appear more discreet than the conventional cod-piece brief-style trunks but I have found the reverse to be true. If your intention is to prove your gender to potential spectators beyond any possible doubt, then these are the trunks for you.

June 2013: I note that they have now changed the photograph for this item to one which features a model of the appropriate gender. At least the new picture will help you assess whether there will be enough space in this little piece of elastic for you to store all you need to put in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snuggly fit, excellent feel., 13 Sept. 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars A real classic, 3 Sept. 2009
I found this costume comfortable, light and although I am in advanced years still reasonably flattering to the figure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was after., 25 Mar. 2011
D. Williams "Dave-the-rave" (Northamptonshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
I bought these as a replacement for my baggy holiday swimming shorts (which were a real drag in the water and which have pockets that fill with air and refuse to sink) because I've signed up to Swimathon 2011 and want to do it properly. The difference in my swimming ability is amazing with these on. I glide through the water rather than fighting with it. Some people have said they are indecently tight, but I think a far more appropriate word is streamlined. Equally important of course is comfort, and I can honestly say I don't notice them in the water. No drag factor, and no tightness to distract you. If you're seriously into swimming these aquashorts are just what you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Oct. 2009
Craig Paterson "WARNING: I Contain Nuts" (Angus, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speedo Men's Essential Classic Aquashort (Sports Apparel)
These are the first "serious" pair of trunks I've owned, and I am impressed. They are superbly comfy, and I forget I've got them on when doing my lengths, and they are amazingly quick drying.

Been using them 3 times a week now for months, and not a sign of degrading or fading at all, still as they were when I received them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good trunks....so good in fact I bought two more!, 6 Mar. 2013
A word of warning. Whatever waist you are, get the NEXT SIZE UP in the Speedo endurance trunks. The endurance material is not as flexible as the traditional lycra trunks. I usually get a 32 waist in conventional trunks but but these were somewhat...showy! So make sure you get the correct size according to how you like your trunks to fit. That said, it was a great incentive to get into them after all the Christmas indulgence and they fit fine. The material is very good and takes some getting used to.

As an update to the first pair of black trunks I bought in January, I can happily advise that I bought two more pairs...one blue and one black pair. This time with a 34 waist. I had the dreaded irony of thinking they would would be loose after what happened with the 34 waist but it would appeared wise to listen to my earlier advice. Perfect fit! The previous pair I bought have not lost their shape, or given at the leg like weaker trunks have and wear them in a sauna twice a week as well with no loss of material strength. I am now swimming faster as a result! So the rule applies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tight Shorts, 27 Jun. 2011
Mr. M Rimmer "and hes outa here" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I buy all my trousers with a 32" waist so i figured I would buy these in a 32" also. Most of my trousers are loose fitting with perhaps an inch to spare but these shorts are a perfect fit with no room for growth. So buyers may wish to be careful when picking the size they purchase. Like other people here have said they are close fitting across groin and if you are going to be embarrassed about having you package some what shown then these would not be for you, but then neither would any close fitting shorts.

Having said that I swim daily at the moment and these have significantly reduced the drag from my old baggy shorts. They dry very quickly after use and seem to be holding up so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedo Endurance, 16 Jun. 2009
Z. Green - See all my reviews
Excellent product, the endurance range are well worth their money. We swim monday to friday all year around and these trunks last well over 1 year compared to other ranges that only seem to last 3 or 4 months.
Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than men's swimming 'knickers'!, 22 Jun. 2014
Mr. R. Holden "roger" (England) - See all my reviews
Where we holiday in France they insist (yes really - not just the sign that everyone ignores) that us guys cannot wear swimming shorts. The sight of me in a pair of budgie-smuggler Speedos is not something I want to inflict on the world so I bought these. They are way better and while I'd still wear a pair of board shorts around the pool, actually swimming in these I don't feel so much of an idiot.

They are actually comfortable and dry very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and flattering aquashorts, 8 Oct. 2010
I have been lane swimming in these aquashorts for over a month, and I am extremely pleased. The aquashorts are very comfortable and flattering in an understated sort of way. My partner bought me a pair of Aqua Sphere Kayenne swim goggles, which has had an even bigger impact on my enjoyment of swimming. Having tried several other makes and models, it's amazing what a difference the right pair of goggles can make.