on 11 February 2009
When you watch 24, one thing that comes across very clearly is that the cast and crew really believe in what they're doing. This, for me, puts 24 ahead of most of its competitors. Keifer Sutherland drives the show along but the supporting cast is top notch, particularly Carlos Barnard as Tony Almeida and Mary Lynn Rajskub as the odd but brilliant Chloe O'Brien. Even the much maligned Day Six, while failing to hit the heights of the previous years, is worth watching and has some great moments.
My one gripe with 24 is Kim Bauer (Elisha Cuthbert), who over the course of the years has turned into a character whose sole purpose seems to be annoying. She succeeds.
Anyway, as box sets go this is the real deal.
on 20 April 2009
I only heard about 24 a few weeks ago. I watched an interview with Kiefer Sutherland on TV. I ended up buying this box set and I have been blown away. Never before has any TV show had me so glued to the set. I watched two seasons in two weeks, then went away to work for two weeks. Came home and watched the last four seasons in three weeks. For the past 2 months I have had no life, 24 has been my life.
Why is it so addictive and easy to watch, especially considering how ridiculous it can seem at times? I mean after all its just crazy at times.
The answers are that it's very well cast with some fantastic acting and impressive guest stars along the way. Kiefer Sutherland is such a likeable actor, 24 is the perfect vehicle for his talent. It's exciting and a very well made production with great sound too. It has action, excitement, hope, frustration, drama, friction, despair, romance, suspense, relief, Kiefer Sutherland and 24 does what Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band has done for a live concert.
In short if you have not already watched 24 I urge you to give up a few weeks of your life and buy this set.
By the way, some people have mentioned the quality of the box, who cares our DVDs are all back in the box and on the shelf.
on 12 March 2009
24 is an American action-drama series which follows (chiefly) the exploits of a CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) Agent called "Jack Bauer" (played by Kiefer Sutherland).

Each season is 24 episodes long, and each episode represents 1 hour in a 24 hour day, so each full season is one day in the life of Jack Bauer (and the other characters in the series). This enables the drama to be built-up in real-time, as developments happen, people come and go, and so on and so forth.

Each season deals with a different plot, and each plot involves (in some form or another) a terrorist plot to do (whatever).

24 excels at providing high-octane hits based on its high production value, and generally excellent standard of acting.

Buying the boxed-set makes sense as, with 24 episodes per series, that's 144 episodes of Jack Bauer shooting, interrogating, demolishing, breaking protocol, kidnapping, battering, and bludgeoning his way to the truth ... it's very enjoyable, and I wholeheartedly recommend it !! :)
on 12 February 2009
What can I say?
From the first episode to the last, 24 will have you hooked! It is brilliant and gripping. It'll have you on the edge of your seat with tension.
Very highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!
A+++++++
on 16 July 2008
As the title says, what more could you ask for, the full complete 24 seasons 1-6 in it's entirety, every episode is packed with explosive action and interesting facts, Life for CTU Agent Jack Bauer is never dull, and hold on tight for the ride of your life, I couldn't of asked for a better Boxset collection, I also love the casing it came in, plus the individual casings for the CD's, I dunno why so many people are complaining about it, Overall if you are a fan of the 24 series then this is a must!, for just over £100 its a bargin considering you'd probably pay double that and more for buying it in a shop, only let down wish there was more features, maybe a full length featurette and outtakes, but overall I am so glad I bought this, it will forever be in my collection now, Cant wait for season 7, Bring it on Kiefer! and the rest of the 24 Team, I can't wait.

Believe me buy this boxset you won't be disappointed with the sheer amount of watchablity, which will make you want to come back to the series time and time again :)
on 16 January 2008
A quick review regarding my first impressions of the 24 complete seasons (1-6) box set.

The good: is obviously it's the whole of seasons 1-6 of 24! If you are a fan that is brilliant. End of.

The bad: The actual box casing is not as great as it looks. Now you may think I am being fussy but I know that is how most collectors are. As I am sure anyone paying £100+ for something expects quality.
To describe the case it is simply the box that is shown in the picture. That acts as a sleeve for each season of 24. If you want to keep it in the box you can slide each season out. Here lies the problem. To take one season out you pretty much have to take them all out.
It's a tight squeeze and I had to turn the whole thing upside down to get them out. Putting the last one back in is also annoying and it can get the cardboard cases of each season "dog eared".
The annoying thing is each season does not have its own real sleeve. It is a cardboard case with "pages" of plastic which hold the DVD's.

Summary: Great box set of the whole of 24. But the casing is not so great. If you can buy them separately for around the same price I would recommend. I will be keeping mine as I cannot be bothered to take it back and as I said its 24! I need to start watching!
The content is 5 stars I will take a star off due to the packaging.
on 30 May 2011
We [me, my Dad and brother] bought this box set so we could easily watch the series in our own time. So far we are up to series four and it hasn't disappointed us yet!

We had a slight issue with the fact we received two bonus disc's in season 2 instead of one bonus disc and one disc of 4 episodes. So we had to skip those episodes and look up the missing story-lines online. However, it has not happened again, and I don't think this problem happens often. We did contact Amazon via email, but they were unable to replace the missing disc.

I'm 17 and find the story is gripping and sometimes slightly unbelievable, but that's why we watch it, right? The plot races along, but it is still easy to follow and doesn't become too complicated. I would like to mention that some scenes are a tad gruesome, so it's not suitable for younger viewers.

I particularly like the idea of every episode happening in real time, with the clock ticking away on the screen at regular intervals. The split screen feature also adds interest and helps the viewer to keep track of lots of different characters at the same time.

Kiefer Sutherland plays Jack Bauer perfectly, and I after watching one episode I can't wait to hear another "Dammit!" from Jack!

I recommend this set to anyone who enjoys a good thriller which is well acted and put together. :)
on 20 August 2013
Iconic TV series who's addictive storyline and delivery leave you wanting more at every stage. The full repertoire includes 24 - Redemption (a feature length episode released separately between Seasons 6 and 7), followed by Seasons 7 and 8. So this is a good collection which breaks the back of the whole set but, given that it's incomplete, you may find it preferable to buy the Seasons individually or in smaller sets, possibly saving money in the process.
VINE VOICEon 24 November 2009
How we missed this series on TV I do not know, but somehow we managed to. Then my hubby saw an advert for the set on TV - looks like our type of thing. Get it. So I did. WOW it's brilliant, keeps you on the edge of your seat all the way and just when you think it is going smoothly - something else untoward happens.

Only watched 1st 3 series so far (got all 7 to go at + film).

I would encourage anyone to purchase. It's the type of thing you can watch again and again, as I am sure when watching a 2nd time we will seee things that we missed the 1st time around. It's that packed.
on 11 April 2009
a must have for fans of the show. best price you'll find anywhere (thats legal). don't be fooled by fake sites selling dodgy products, buy here and you won't be disappointed