5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy and Good-Looking!
I bought this USB key a week ago to run a personal web testing server from a I use several machines and it's easier than maintaining updates across all of them.

So far even with a whole server software setup, numerous websites and a LOT of Photoshop files, I've only managed to fill a quarter of it.

Transfer speeds are quite fast - I can back up a...
Published on 6 Feb 2007 by Mr. P. Burlingham

1.0 out of 5 stars problems
Had problems with this memory stick works fine with my Vista PC
but tried to put it on XP Laptop and won't read it.
maybe its a USB 2 thing as Laptop is a few years old but have got driver and no problems with other memory sticks,ie Kingston
Published on 24 Dec 2008 by Edguy

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy and Good-Looking!, 6 Feb 2007
Mr. P. Burlingham "Gadget Geek" (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews

Transfer speeds are quite fast - I can back up a Gigabyte of data from it (over 20,000 files) in around 7 minutes to my hard drive and I've not had any trouble with older systems being able to recognise it unlike some other models.

On top of that, it's got loops built in to the body of the drive as well as the cap so that you can attach a lanyard if desired - a shortcoming of earlier designs was only having a loop in the lid which still allowed the device to fall off and go missing.

It doesn't come with an extension cable, but unlike chunkier designs it fits into small spaces quite easily, and it doesn't come with a lanyard, however it's really cheap, top quality construction and it looks cool. At £29.99 I'm sorely tempted to get another one just as a backup!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very desirable little memory thingy, 28 Feb 2007
John Malcolm (Swindon, Wilts, England) - See all my reviews
I'm not sure what these things are called - I've come across so many different names - so I'll call it the USB Thingy in this review (just to add to the confusion).

Anyway, I've had mine a week now, and it's a very nice piece of kit. I've also got a 1Gb USB Thingy by the same manufacturer (identical in looks apart from 1GB instead of 4GB on the case), and the detachable top of that has worked a bit loose, but the drive itself is fine.

I expect the same with the 4GB version. It reads (through a USB 2.0 port) at just under 10.5 Mbytes/sec, and writes (with one 718MB file) at about an average of 3.5MB/sec and at an average of only 1.6MB/sec with 952 little files (total 648.3MB). So, as you can see, it's rather slower at writing than reading, and even slower when writing lots of little files. So, if you want to transport lots of little files on this device, I suggest you Zip them up first.

I use mine for carrying my software utilities around with me, and as such it doesn't get written to that often. Once the initial transfer of data had been done the transfer speed isn't a problem as the occasional update only takes a few seconds.

You'd think it would/should lose a star for the slow writing rate, but this is compensated by the reliability and general sturdiness I've experienced with both this device and its (almost a year old) smaller brother. I don't use a bit of string to hang it around my neck (so worries about the robustness of the attaching ring don't apply to me), I just shove it in a trouser pocket and it's fine.

A USB Thingy that, in my experience, is well worth having.

5.0 out of 5 stars Integral 8GB USB 2.0 Courier Pen Drive, 26 Feb 2008
Mr. Scott D. Paterson (UK) - See all my reviews
After reading the other 2 reviews, I decided to say a few words in defence of this great little flash drive. It's good for Windows 98 right up to Vista and also good for Mac's from 8.6 up to OS X. It's small, compact and it does work fast. If the construction seems flimsy to some people and if it were to cause problems, it comes with a 2 year warranty. The design and construction is no less superior to any other of the flash drives that are currently available. As with any items you buy, do a little homework first and make your decision from there. I personally have no problems with this item at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous little gadgets, 12 Dec 2008
This review is from: Integral Courier Flash Drive with LED Light USB 2.0 Read 12MB/s Write 3MB/s 16GB Ref INFD16GBCOU (Electronics)
This is a great little pen drive. It does absolutely everything I want it to do quickly and with no difficulty at all and the amount of storage space seems endless (I use it to store archived data and images - it handles a large volume of smaller files with ease). You get a reassuring click when you snap the lid on, and you get to exercise your biceps pulling the lid off - a comforting feature for those of us who get paranoid about the lid coming off in our pockets and the USB connector getting damaged. The overall build feels quite robust though I wouldn't risk using it to wedge a heavy fire door open and there are useful loops at both ends to make fitting on a key ring a breeze.

Mine even came with extra artwork on the shell, so it doesn't look exactly like the pictures - for those who worry about looks, I got the legend "16 GB" under the last four letters of "Integral" and the case itself is such a dark blue it seems almost black. Must be a new set of go-faster racing colours :o)

All in all, a wonderful investment. If ever I manage to fill this one up, I'm getting another one without a moment of hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not The Fastest In The World, But An Excellent Flash Drive, 4 Dec 2008
J. Teagle (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
I have had a 4 Gb Buffalo key for some time and was very happy with it, but for one thing; it worked on XP but didn't work on Vista (it couldn't install drivers), and Buffalo ignored my request for help.

When I saw this, and it claimed ReadyBoost compatible, I was very keen to get it, especially given the huge capacity. It has not disappointed me. Works perfectly with Vista or XP and does indeed work as a ReadyBoost source. Doesn't seem to be too difficult to fit in USB slots, although very closely-spaced slots might present a problem as it is slightly chunky. Seems very robust.

5.0 out of 5 stars WASHABLE, 9 Oct 2007
D. Jones "Noggin" (Wirral) - See all my reviews
An excellent product even after washing it in the pocket of my jeans it still works, easy to use and a handy size.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE 'TECH'!, 14 Feb 2008
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This would have been a REAL bargain, had it not been for the sheer daylight robbery of being charged £5.00 P & P, when it only cost 39p to post!!!???

Like another Reviewer; I too was misled into thinking I was actually purchasing direct from Amazon, when in fact this came from a third party Seller - and again as the same Reviewer complains; why do Amazon allow this misleading way of purchasing on these products only, when they do not on anything else? (Books, CDs, DVDs, etc.)

Anyway, the point is, is to say that this little gem of a device is simply super! It's fast and does not need any loading or the reading of complicated instructions, as your System recognises it immediately. Just simply stick it in your USB, and you can get all your stuff from one Computer to another by simply 'dragging and dropping'! What's more, it's so easy and quick to do, one can do this at the end of each working day, so that when one comes to switch on the Computer the following day, perhaps to find to their horror that nightmare message we all dread: 'Operating System Not Found' (as I have done before now) all your stuff is saved and retrieved as if by magic!

I wouldn't be without one of these little treasures! Why do we bother at all with CD-Rs that are SO problematic when copying and reading!?

Great Item!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A reliable USB, 21 April 2008
N. Harverson (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
I own the 4Gb Courier USB pen drive. I have had it for a year now and I have found it very reliable. I have twice accidently washed it by leaving it in my trouser pocket, and it still works fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars problems, 24 Dec 2008
Had problems with this memory stick works fine with my Vista PC
but tried to put it on XP Laptop and won't read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars High speed, large size. Perfect for quick backups, 25 Mar 2008
M.M - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Got this for just eight pounds. 4 GB of space is really enough for me as I use it for my own small business. It fits loads of high res photos, plus hundreds of files with no problem at all. Most importantly it's fast and won't have you waiting around to transfer from your computer (even on very large files). This has been very helpful for me, as I sometimes need to show people a variety of files that are unrealistic to email.

As for backing up it's an excellent device that you can use quickly, store away safely and update when you need to. Its also built sturdy so it would take more than dropping and walking on it for it to break.

The Pen Drive comes with a cap to protect the USB point that can fit on the end (like a biro pen cap) when you're using it.

Overall for the price I can't really argue, it has been very reliable, easy and quick to use. It ticks all the right boxes. Plus it has enough space to last you a long time.