Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Steel Wax|Change
Price:£4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 9 November 2012
OK so it is labelled as a wax carving set... Do not be misled, all well and said this is useful for the listed purpose, but don't just stop there. I am a microscopist and chemist, I find it useful in both fields and I can also see it being useful to geologists as well, a good set of double ended tools with various blades and pries as well as spatula/trulla ends, I can see use in hobbies as well for example pottery and modelling. I would really would suggest the seller lists this in all possible fields not just for wax cutting. Well worth the price.
on 7 April 2013
I bought mine to use working with Precious Metal Clay and Ceramics .... they have since become my go to tools, and are simply proving indispensable, especially when carving texture plates or designs.

What a bargain price at the moment too.
on 9 October 2015
In view of the price these tools are very good. They come in a card backed plastic sleeve and a plastic tool roll is included, very handy for keeping them together. Stainless steel but the finish is a bit rough on some of them though I can't really complain at this low price, it's hard to believe anyone can be making any profit. A bit of a going over with some fine wet & dry paper improved the look of them greatly. Overall very good value at the £3.75 I paid, I've seen the exact same set going for £12 or more and I think that may be little OTT for what are basically a bunch of metal sticks with various points and spades on. However they do provide a wide variety of different and handy points and spades to shape and cut with.
Any higher price and I wouldn't have given 5 stars but at this price excellent.
on 1 April 2015
You really are going to be hard pushed to find another set of poking and scraping implements of such a handy size or more sturdy material. They are intended for wax carving, so I suppose it was unnecessary to hone and sharpen the blades that could benefit from this, and there is only a fairly rough and ready finish--compared with, say, the similar 'blackhead removal kit, which has a smaller range of similar implements but with a brightly polished and smooth finish.

Many people will find them very useful manipulation and poking, scraping tools as they are, with many uses around the house and garage. I think that, I will sharpen and polish my ones to increase their application further, but, I have to say that I'm astonished at how much I got for my money.
on 23 December 2010
I bought this set for manipulating green stuff, a two part resin used for making, moulding, and finishing miniature models. The tools are robust, allowing the application of enough pressure to manipulate materials, and come in a handy wallet. I find this useful as I am not the most organised of people and usually any tools left out after a job get chucked into the 'tools tub'. Of course this means that I have to search for a specific tool on the next job, the wallet helps keep me organised and saves time.

There is a good range of tips, twenty four in total, and a built to a good standard for the money. I have not used them with wax so can not comment specifically on that material, but if they can cope with sticky, horrible green stuff I would not have thought that there would be a problem.
on 29 July 2013
Great set of tools, will be using them as tools to excavate human and animal remains that I find on site as a lot of my other archaeological friends do we find these better and more precise to use than the osteoarchaeology tools available and which are also generally more expensive.
on 24 April 2012
Received the stainless steel carving set promptly, great price. I use these for clay modelling. Would recommend this company. Many thanks
on 20 March 2015
for a £4 price tag these are okay but unimpressive.

first: alot of the edges were rough from whatever grinding was performed on the tools so I have had to file and wet sand the edges smooth for working on my sculptures because when smoothing fine clay I got a rake marks from dragging.

Second: the round shapes were not very well finished, Luckily this was excess that could be filed off.

Third: The free pouch is roughly made but free is free.
on 29 May 2015
Extremely poor quality and very roughly cut. Rust evident on most of the tools. Very uncomfortable to use and many ineffective due to the aforementioned poor build quality. I regret this purchase and would not recommend the product.
on 26 February 2014
I use these with air-dry (normal), non drying (polymer) and bakeable (Sculpey) clays and they do a great job for fine, precise work. Well worth the purchase but it's such a shame the tool holder is such poor quality plastic - expect to put holes into the plastic when removing or replacing the tools.

Obviously they are not the only tools I use - some of the tools are for in the early shaping and roughing out of my portraits but the toolset costs the same as one of the cheaper roughing out tools I own.